a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1 Oct 2014: The Neighborhood Range - Part II

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
The Neighborhood Range - Part II
A mahoover Production

You have just gotten off the phone with your neighbor (Kevin’s dad), and he has let you know about an incident last week. Kevin was hurt while shooting a BB gun with the neighborhood kids. And Alex is the person that shoot him. It is explained to you that Ales isn’t really at fault, he didn’t understand that the older boys were joking when they told him to shoot Kevin. Normally when the older boys are out shooting, Alex would have stayed home. However, John had been short of cash to take his girlfriend out, so he begged you for some extra chores to make some extra money. And the chore that you choose was to take care of Alex for the day.
John (15)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you do any more to Alex than sit him down and talk about what happened and better ways to have handled it?

Do you dock John the extra money he was getting for taking care of Alex, or do you let his rear pay you back?

David M. Katz

Marshall
I think a talk is all that is needed.

Stone Man

Marshall
Alex and I need to talk, but this in now way is a "talking to" but rather an informational meeting as Alex is not familiar with guns enough to be able to guess at all the outcomes of his actions.

I'm not as sure when it comes to John.

On second, third, fourth........readings of Part I, I think John will be best served with a talk as well.

Now as for the boy who actually suggested that Alex fire the gun.... His spanking would make for a page or more in the anecdotes!

AFinch

Sherrif
I think a talk is all that's needed.

When I was 10, I was playing with friends who had a BB gun--that was the "olden days" when boys that age having a BB gun was pretty much the norm (though not in my family--my parents raised us to be terrified of them. My sister divorced her husband largely over his gun collection. etc. etc. and so forth).

My friends had set up a range. His little brother was playing on the other side of the yard. I shot. The BB ricocheted and somehow bounced into little brother. He wasn't hurt at all, but I was totally freaked out. I never touched another weapon until I was a senior in med school when my then closest friend taught me to shoot. I wasn't any good at it, but I know how to handle such things safely now and am no longer terrified of them. I don't own one myself, though, and it's unlikely that I ever will.

At any rate, having "shot" Tommy's little brother is something I still feel about to this very day. I don't think a punishment would have taught any better lesson. And I WAS following the gun safety rules--it was a "freak accident".

ivor

Marshall
Stoney has it covered for me..

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Padraig

Trailboss
I have nothing to add, too.

Jack

Admin
The way the information is being passed on, John is probably getting away with it. From what I can see, I have no evidence that he's the one (or even one of the ones) who told Alex to shoot. On the other hand, if he was doing his job, he should have prevented Alex from doing it (and he probably shouldn't have even let Alex hold it, but I can understand wanting to keep him quiet).

Alex is getting a stern lecture, but I think that's all. He will certainly know to never playfully point a gun at someone again.

John is in for a bit more than that, because I do think he was pretty irresponsible. I think the result will be less chances for him to earn extra money in the future, because he's proven that he's not responsible enough. Then he can tell me what he needs to do to repair his reputation.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:The way the information is being passed on, John is probably getting away with it.  From what I can see, I have no evidence that he's the one (or even one of the ones) who told Alex to shoot.  On the other hand, if he was doing his job, he should have prevented Alex from doing it (and he probably shouldn't have even let Alex hold it, but I can understand wanting to keep him quiet).

Alex is getting a stern lecture, but I think that's all.  He will certainly know to never playfully point a gun at someone again.

John is in for a bit more than that, because I do think he was pretty irresponsible.  I think the result will be less chances for him to earn extra money in the future, because he's proven that he's not responsible enough.  Then he can tell me what  he needs to do to repair his reputation.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

mahoover

Cowboy
I'm going to pretty much ditto Jack.

When I talk to Alex, I will make it clear that from now on, touching, picking up, messing with any form of a gun without an adult present and supervising is a spanking offense. Then I will find time to take him to the range and teach him the basic gun safety rules, and let him fire a BB gun under my supervision.

For John I will let him know that I am disappointed in him, and lay a bit of a guilt trip on him. Then I will ask him what he thinks I should do about this. I am sure that he is already feeling at least some guilt over this, so I will push a little and help him deal with it.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will first be talking to Alex. I am more upset that he threw  a hissy fit when John  told him he couldn't touch the BB gun. He is old enough to know that no means no and that applies to John if he's in charge. 

Now John. If he was the one who told Alex to aim and shoot at his friend he would now be in very serious trouble. As it is we will have a chat ( I am sure he is horrified) about guns and about taking responsibility when looking after his little brother however irritating he is. Lesson learned I hope.
Had it been a window there would have been a spanking each but the injury to Kevin will stand as the punishment this time. John loses half his pay for not being on the case

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum