a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 10-25-2014 - Radio A Go Go - A Murray Campbell Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Radio A Go Go

A Murray Campbell Production

It’s the 1970s, you’re the owner of Ocean Radio a pirate radio station, which is anchored in international waters off the southeast coast of England. Your son Neil (13) often visits the ship during his school holidays, he even has a regular show on it using the name Dakota Bonner. One evening you’re having dinner with your spouse and Neil, also at the table is Neil’s best friend Ben also 13.

Left to right Ben and Neil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Neil has invited Ben to sleep over at your home and during the meal Ben tells you he’s heard so much about the radio station from Neil. He asks you if he can spend sometime during the next school holiday on the boat with him. You tell him that if it’s alright with his parents then its okay with you. A week later there’s a knock at the door you answer it and find Ben standing on there. You invite him in and call for Neil, while he’s waiting Ben tells you his Dad has given him permission to go on the ship. You’ve no reason to doubt Ben as he’s a descent and honest kid.

A few weeks pass by and on the first day of the holidays Neil and Ben catch the train from London to Clacton-on-Sea where they will board the supply tender which will take them out to the boat. Four days after Neil and Ben’s departure your sitting at your desk in Ocean Radio’s shore based office which is in London’s Curzon Street. The radio is playing and you’re enjoying Neil’s radio show. At sometime during it he introduces Ben to the show’s audience and you’re amazed at how his voice sounds on the radio. It gives you an idea to suggest to Neil that he and Ben should do the show together.

The radio ship Tower of Power

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That night when you’re having dinner with your spouse the doorbell rings. At the door is Ben’s Dad. He tells you he’s furious as he’s just heard Ben talking on the radio ship. In an attempt to plicate him you invite him in and offer him a drink. He tells you Ben had asked him if he could go out to the radio ship, but Ben’s Dad tells you he didn’t give his permission. He added that Ben had asked him a few days later if he could go on a camping holiday with Neil instead, to this Ben’s Dad said he had no objection to this.

You tell Ben’s Dad that you and he will drive to Clacton in the morning and take the tender to the boat. Upon arrival at the boat you question Ben and Neil. Neil tells you it was him who persuaded Ben to invent the camping holiday. Ben’s Dad looks at you and says what punishment do you think fit for these two?

Padraig

Trailboss
Well their next live show might get an interesting twist... Evil or Very Mad

ivor

Marshall
It's a pity the ship is not anchored further down the English Channel as then is could have been a case of Ben Dover......

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

David M. Katz

Marshall
Padraig wrote:Well their next live show might get an interesting twist... Evil or Very Mad

Yes, indeed, as their spankings will be broadcast for all to hear. Twisted Evil

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
My sympathy is with the boys. I can't see why anyone would have refused an opportunity to visit the ship. I'll tell Ben's father that he must do as he feels best where his own son is concerned, but for my part, I don't think the boys deserve punishment.

Kat

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Kat wrote:My sympathy is with the boys. I can't see why anyone would have refused an opportunity to visit the ship. I'll tell Ben's father that he must do as he feels best where his own son is concerned, but for my part, I don't think the boys deserve punishment.
Kat

I agree NO punishment! A chance to visit a ship the government does not like and breaking their monopoly, what an opportunity!!

Iconoclast

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm trying to square this one with my memories of 1970s djs. I would have been about the same age as these boys. In real life I think Bens Dad would have been on his own butI might have taken my lad totask for lying... and letting him off for owning up!

Jack

Admin
I disagree with Kat, because the boys lied to me about Ben having permission to do this. As to whether Neil actually encouraged him, or is just trying to draw some heat off his friend, I don't know.

The two people who deserve punishment here are the adults. I remember spending the night at a friend's house, and having friends spend the night with me, without the adults talking to each other, but taking a kid on a trip, or sending a kid on a trip, seems a different proposition. If nothing else, I now know that these two can't be trusted this far.

Having said that, I feel like Ben deserves a sore rear for lying, but that's it. If the ship is in international waters, then I don't think they're breaking any actual laws, so I can't see why Ben's dad wouldn't have let him go. As for Neil, he and I will be having a talk, but I'm not going to punish him for this.

Pi Beta

Deputy
While I sympathise with the motives of each boy, both lied or were complicit in lying. Ben is not really my problem - his father will do what his father considers appropriate.

Neil and I will have a long discussion in which I hope I will draw out the truth of how involved he was in Ben's deception. Depending upon what I discover, either a mild or a moderate spanking is likely for him - it won't be a severe punishment, though I may need to ask him to pretend that it was more severe than it really was.

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Jack

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
As it's related may I recommend

The Pirate and his Nephew by Murray Campbell

http://www.malespank.net/viewStory.php?id=26426

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Hmm!  With no cannon on board they can hardly be required to "kiss the gunners daughter"  - but surely there'll be a capstan or some other nautical fixture of suitable dimensions to be drafted into service. Twisted Evil

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Stone Man

Marshall
Ben's Dad is free to do what he wished with his son.

For his parts in the deception, both Neil and Dakota will be getting spankings. Twisted Evil Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum