Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Jack

Admin

Your thirteen-year old son, Heath, is a late bloomer, and fairly small for his age. You worry a bit, because he seems to be a bit of a daredevil and seems willing to accept most any challenge, in a quest to fit in.

Lately he's been pretty moody, though his clothing choices don't help make him look bright and cheery.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few months ago, right before school ended, you received a call from the police. You had to pick Heath up from the station. He'd been found smoking, which is a violation of state law. They ticketed him. He had to do community service, but you had to pay eighty dollars in court cost.

Heath was not a happy camper when you got through letting him know your opinion on the matter.

Today, you received a call from Heath's school. During lunch, a teacher smelled tobacco smoke. She tracked it down to find Heath and another boy. No cigarettes were found, but Heath was caught with a lighter.

Because no tobacco was actually found, they're not doing anything further about that, but they wanted to let you know. Both boys received three swats for being out of bounds. Heath has another three swats coming for possession of a lighter, but school policy prohibits him from getting them today. He can report to the principal's office before school, or he can get detention.

He's awaiting you when you arrive home.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"It's no big deal, Dad. I just found the lighter on my way to school. They're just making up the stuff about smelling smoke to justify making me turn out my pockets. I'll just do detention, and you can pick me up after school for a few days."

What do you say to that, Dad?

2 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:46 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
His explanation is entirely plausible and I'm not going to disbelieve him without evidence to the contrary.

The school has dealt with it and I don't do double jeopardy.

Also if his recent moodiness is more than hormonal then by lending a sympathetic ear I may get some clues about its cause.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

3 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
i have no objection to Heath having a lighter and I will object to the principal about this punishment! If the principal does not drop the punishment I will encourage Heath to circulate fliers to reduce the school taxes and otherwise punish the school administration!

However I do have a serous objection to Heath using addictive and poisonous cigarettes!

So I will demand that Heath submit to a drug test for tobacco. I know the kits can be found on the internet for $2 each. The test will quickly reveal if he has been smoking! This is one test Heath had better pass!!

Iconoclast

4 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:47 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I agree with Icono on the "Wiz Quiz" I also have a blood hounds nose for cig smoke so if I catch it on his clothing we shall see how he can explain that.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:53 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with MM. Whether I go the Icono route to prove or disprove is still to be decided.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:58 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with MM up to a point; but even if Heath's story is true, he had no business picking up the lighter and bringing it to school. As a former teacher, I understand exactly why schools don't want kids bringing in matches and lighters; aside from smoking, there is also arson. Having to evacuate the school because some little darling set a fire in a lavatory takes up valuable educational time, is disruptive, causes the fire department to have to respond and endangers everyone in the school. Heath can choose whether to take the licks or the detention, but I'm going to make it clear that from now on, if he is caught smoking or possessing cigarettes, lighter or matches, he's in deep shit with me. If he admits to smoking, I need to determine if he is already addicted to cigarettes so that I can get him help in going off them if needed.

Kat

7 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 am

Padraig

Trailboss
Well, hes getting no sympathy from me here, but he can decide himself whether he takes the paddle or detention. But if he takes the latter it is also for him to get home by himself right afterwards (if he's to walk home, so it be).

But anyway, I think it might be time to see a doctor and discuss his development. Maybe some hormones will help him to kick off growth and puberty.

8 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Blow picking him up every night. Hes getting another paddling at school and like Kat i will be dealing even more severely than before if he has anything related to smoking or making fire on him again

9 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Jack

Admin
I mostly agree with Kat (and for a lot of the same reasons). If the teacher is sure she smelled smoke, it probably would be a good idea to test him. If he's addicted, we need to deal with it. If he's not, we need to stop it before he becomes addicted.

I'm torn between Square and Pad, so I'm going to tell him he can take detention if he wants, but that I'm not feeling motivated to make a special trip to pick him up. If it's no problem, it's no problem, but if it is, he can either walk or take the swats.

10 Re: 28 Oct 2014: The Smoking Gun on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Kat and Jack covered it well for me. If he chooses detention, he can walk home.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum