Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twice Told Tales

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:39 am

Jack

Admin
Even though I haven't been writing much, my mind still goes, and I still come up with ideas. These two stories were originally inspired by a location I pass occasionally. They occurred months apart, and I later realized they were just too similar to post separately. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I decided to do them both, but post them together, as kind of a compare/contrast thing, I guess.

The stories are being posted here, because a new reviewer wasn't sure they were spanky enough for MMSA. They may or may not still appear, but they've been in limbo for over a week now (there was a problem with them quote function, and I thought that might have held them up, so I finally checked with Johnno, who kindly straightened things out for me), so I thought I'd go ahead and post them.

Originally, I'd kind of intended them to be something light and fun to separate chapters of Rooster. I'm not sure now if I'll write another story, or if I'll just finish the next Rooster and post it.

2 A Home of His Own on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 am

Jack

Admin
I looked around the living room, happy enough with most of it. I had a couple of people who'd volunteered to help me with decorating when they found out I was planning to buy a house, but I was almost positive the carpet was going to go.

"You said it's wood floors under the carpet?" I double checked.

The real estate agent looked up from the file she was perusing.

"Excuse... Oh, yes, yes, wood floors. The carpet is just in the living and bed rooms. It's tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, but if you look in the dining area, you can see the original hardwood flooring."

I glanced around a second, then stepped into the dining room. The floor was very nice. I wasn't too concerned with the walls. I'd have a professional check them before I made a final offer, and I knew I was going to paint them anyway. The solid, semi-gloss white made me feel I was stuck in an eggshell.

"Could you explain this to me one more time, so I'll be able to tell my boss?"

It was an odd situation, so I tried not to be too exasperated, though this would be the third time I'd gone through it with her. At least being a teenager I didn't feel guilty about rolling my eyes before I turned back to her.

"All right, the first piece of paper is my emancipation. That means that, despite the fact I'm only seventeen, I'm still considered an adult for purposes of making decisions, entering contracts, and stuff. And no, it doesn't mean I can smoke or drink, but I don't do that stuff anyway."

It was a joke, but she looked at me like she was waiting for me to go on. I made a slow blink to avoid rolling my eyes again and went on.

"The only other thing that's important is the second...."

I stopped, took the folder from her, put the papers back in order, and handed it back.

"...The second page, which is from the bank. They don't need to okay me for a loan because I'm going to pay cash."

Man, it was weird to hear myself say that. It was also hard to think that and not hear Father yelling at me about what an ingrate I was.

Getting emancipated wasn't easy. My parents seem to have gone out of their way to help, though.

I'd published my first novel online and sold it for a couple of bucks a pop. It hadn't lit up the world, but it had got some nice reviews, and sales were decent and steady. Because I was only fifteen when it started, and I didn't have any photo I.D., I'd gotten my parents to help me open a bank account. It didn't take long to notice that my allowance wasn't all that was coming out of the account.

I'd kept writing though. The first book was supposed to be an ongoing series, and I even had notes for the first seven books, but I'd felt forced to do something else before starting the second book. When an agent contacted me, I had nearly finished the first book of what became the Afterwar trilogy. He'd read book one of Sirius, the Star Dog, and wanted to push it to a couple of children's books publishers with whom he had relations. He was willing to read Fallen Darkness though.

And that's how I walked into court, asking for emancipation, with a pair of contracts guaranteeing advances of over three hundred thousand dollars. With the proof that my parents had already misappropriated almost half of my sales proceeds, it wasn't too hard to get a judgment in my favor.

And now, here I was, about to buy my first house at the grand old age of seventeen.

"You said the river view room is upstairs?" I asked.

I guess the agent had finally believed me, because she'd closed the file, and now nodded.

"Let me show you."

I let her lead the way upstairs, wondering if this was a good idea or not. I'd never minded mowing the lawn, and I was pretty good about chores, so I wasn't worried about keeping the house up. It seemed like a nice house and hadn't been on the market long, so it would probably be easy to resale it if I decided to move. I guess it's normal to be nervous over such a big step, and it was a lot more room than I wanted.

"The master bedroom is here," she said, waving a hand to her left, as we reached the top of the stairs, "and the best view of the river is there."

I entered the bedroom she'd indicated. It was nice, about the same size as mine, but with a walk-in closet. It was the windows that caught my attention though. They were big. The one on the short wall was twice as big as the ones at my house, and the other one looked nearly like a picture window.

I couldn't really see the river, though. It was easy to tell where it was, but the trees between me and it were just too thick.

"I'm afraid it's not a great view, but you did want something above the flood line, and this is the best that's available right now."

I glanced around the room. A desk right below the window, where I'd be able to look out over that sea of green. Maybe in fall or winter, when the leaves had died I'd be able to see it. In the meantime, it was a great view, and I could easily imagine myself writing there. A bookcase there for my reference materials. An easy chair there, for when I needed to kick back and work out a problem. A closet for supplies there. A small refrigerator... The room was almost perfect, but it wasn't quite what I'd had in mind.

I leaned against the short wall, glancing out the smaller, but still big, window into the yard of the people who'd be my neighbors.

I started to turn back to the realtor, wanting to ask to see something else, when motion caught my eye.

It was a boy, a teenager I'd guess. It was hard to tell how tall he was from this distance and angle, but there was just something about his build that suggested it. I guess he could have been a small adult or a big twelve year old, but I'd still put some money on teen.

His hair wasn't long, but it was a bit curly, and looked to be just past the top of his ears. It was a light brown or dark blond. His skin was so dark, it might have been ethnic. It was a bit hard to tell from that distance, and I might not have been sure, except his butt was so white it made it clear he was just deeply tanned.

And it was easy to tell how white his butt was, since he was totally naked.

He took another couple of steps, glanced around nervously, then looked over his shoulder. Someone must have been standing behind him, closer to the house, where I couldn't see the person. I'm guessing that, because he jumped a bit, as though someone had snapped at him. He looked around nervously once again, then turned a bit and started towards the back of the yard.

I was wondering if anyone but me and the mystery person behind him could see him. Like this house, his house had a wooden fence on the side. From my glance at the side yards, I was pretty sure there was included a little side fence that would keep anyone from looking in from the front. In the back, as in this yard, there was a huge hedge that divided the house from the alley behind them.

It was the hedge the boy was walking towards.

He wasn't especially broad through the shoulders, which made me think younger. From his underarms to his thighs was nearly a straight line, with only a mild, outward arch for his hips. On the other hand, his ass was incredible. I couldn't tell how dimpled each cheek was, but I had enough angle to tell they arched out in a smooth curve, then tucked sharply back in to the legs. Each cheek flexed nicely as he walked, and as he turned a bit, I could tell that each cheek was distinct, leaving the crack in a nice valley of its own.

I checked behind me to find the realtor glancing out into the hall. As subtly as I could, I reached down my Levi’s and gave Mr. Happy an adjustment. He'd been hanging down the leg of my boxers and was now bending himself around to give that guy a standing ovation. I gave him a bit of help in coming up, then shifted my shirt for what discretion it could give.

The boy came to the hedge and examined one tall bush a moment, then turned away from me. When he turned back, nearly facing me, I revised his age upwards a bit. Even from this distance, I could tell he was well hung. More than that, his dense pubic hair, darker than that upon his head, had already diamonded, and had sent a tendril exploring up his stomach, seeking his navel.

After looking another minute, the boy pulled a branch free. He took a firm hold and ran his hand down its length a time or two, then swished it through the air. That made his body shake enough for me to see it, but he must have thought it satisfactory, because he turned and started walking back towards the house.

With each step, the tip of the switch shivered in the air, and his cock swayed back and forth in time.

As he disappeared from my sight, I turned to find the real estate agent watching me.

"I'll take it."

3 Welcome to the Neighborhood on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 am

Jack

Admin
The first thing I should say is that my dad is usually pretty fair with me. When I'm not ticked at him, I have to admit that he talks to me, that he usually either gives me input into the rules, or at least explains to me why he feels we have to do things a certain way. When I break the rules, he talks to me, and explains things, and he listens to me and at least considers my side. But after he does all that, if he feels like I need my ass torn up to make a point, that's exactly what's going to happen. And whether I'm thirteen now or not, he still manages to express himself well enough to get my attention.

Of course, did you notice how I said 'usually'? That's because there are certain times when a smart kid keeps his rolled eyes and impatient sighs to himself unless he really just wants a reminder of exactly how Dad's belt (or hand, or hairbrush, or whatever he has handy at the time) feels on his bare butt.

This was one of those times.

It was definitely Dad's fault that we were sitting here in a new city, supposedly going to check on our new home, but instead pulled over to the side of the road, trying to figure out where the heck we actually were.

I wanted to point out to Dad that, if he'd just buy a freaking smart phone instead of using that relic he carries, then the GPS would have kept us from making a wrong turn. Of course, since I'd already pointed this out a couple of times, and since Dad seemed convinced that the only reason I cared was that if he and Mom got that new phone, they could upgrade mine for free. I reminded myself about discretion, valor, and still having to sit on the ride home.

I just meant to distract myself, but looking around, I realized that I hoped this was near our new house. We were stopped beside a park, and it looked great. There was plenty of room to run around and throw Frisbees or play football or whatever. The houses were older, with big trees, but they still looked really nice. There was a lot of brick and river rock (I knew because Mom had mentioned it several times). To me, it was more important that they weren't tiny. I had actual hopes that I'd have space to turn around without bumping my elbows in my new room.

It wasn't dark, but it was getting close. I was waiting for Dad to give up and drive someplace to ask directions, or at least turn on the dome light, but he was still being stubborn about it.

It was the light coming on that caught my attention.

The street we were on dead ended into a 'T' intersection a couple of houses down. The house directly across from the end of the street had a big hedge around it, but from where we were parked, I could see through their driveway enough to see a big, open backyard. A light was coming from the back of the house. A few seconds after the light came on, a shadow filled it. Then a boy replaced the shadow.

And what a boy!

I couldn't really tell how tall he was... A bit over five foot maybe? It didn't matter though, because he was buck naked. I wasn't sure at first – I couldn't really see his lower body. He peeked around the edge of the house. I felt a bit guilty and wondered if he could tell there was anyone in our car in the fading twilight.

It didn't matter though. After peering down the street for a few seconds, he made a quick dash across my line of sight. I couldn't make much out, but I knew he had curly blond hair atop his head, and I didn't think he had any elsewhere. He was nicely hung, though, and I nearly laughed at how his dick bounced around as he ran across the open spot.

I few minutes later, all feeling of laughter faded. When he came back into my view, he was moving more slowly and more solemnly. With good reason, too, since he was holding a switch that, even from a distance, looked long and nasty.

Before I could deduce anything else – or see if his butt was as cute as his dick – Dad's hand shot in front of me.

"There's the problem," he said, as I realized he was pointing at the street sign just ahead of us. "This is East Potters. We should have veered the other way at that 'Y'.

"Or made a left turn at Albuquerque?" I asked, instinctively.

"Smart ass," he replied, thumping me gently in the shoulder.

"Is it far to our new house, Dad?" I asked, trying not to sound too excited.

"Nope, just the other side of the park. Why?"

"Oh, I just saw a kid who looked about my age. I was wondering if we could be friends."

4 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:29 am

AFinch

Sherrif
Very enjoyable reads.

5 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
It was only a glimpse and I really wanted to know more about the three boys.

It seems like a good set up for a big story.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Leti

6 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Jack

Admin
LLALVA wrote:It was only a glimpse and I really wanted to know more about the three boys.  

There are actually four boys, Leti.  The two stories are completely unrelated.

I did think the first story could lead into a series, but nothing ever really came from it.

SPOILERS AHEAD:
:
There is a place I sometimes end up.  There's a brick wall between the back of a strip mall parking lot and the houses behind it.  There are a lot of trees there.  Some of the trees look like they'd have good switches.  When the weather is nice, and I'm doing a lot of running around, I'll sometimes buy a sandwich, sit in the van with the windows down, and eat there.  Several times, I've had story ideas.  A Home of His Own was one of them.  Welcome to the Neighborhood was more inspired by a house I sometimes pass that's surrounded by a huge hedge, and the only place you can really see into it was the driveway.  Sitting at the light where I pass that house, I can't see into the yard, but it did get me thinking about what might go on in there.

Anyway, it looks like they won't be appearing on BOTD (unless A Home of His Own does become a series), but I'm glad to know some of you enjoyed them.

7 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:09 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
As is usual for you the stories are excellent. I also enjoy knowing how stories are inspired and was pleased to see you shared that.

Please consider these for MMSA.

cheers cheers cheers

8 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Jack

Admin
David M. Katz wrote:Please consider these for MMSA.

I did submit these stories to MMSA, but they were denied/I withdrew them, with no problems or hard feelings on either side. I wanted them to have the switch/young teen icons, while the reviewer felt that would be misleading. Also, while MMSA will accept stories with a 'spanky feel' and no spanking, they're usually part of a series. In this case, I decided to post them here, for my regular readers. I do know who the reviewer was, but I'm not going to share that information. I'll just say it's someone who is an excellent writer, whom I respect a great deal, and who I think made the decision s/he thought was correct.

On of the stories of which I'm proudest was Tested by Tony. Despite that, it had one of the lowest readerships of any of my stories (lower by several hundred, compared to the stories posted around the same time), and it does have my lowest vote totals in both categories. I feel a lot of the reason for that is that the icons not only gave away the twist, but also probably drove away some of my regular readers. That's why I wanted these stories to have icons, even though the reviewer was right that they didn't really reply. S/he was also right that some readers might have been upset, but I feel like the stories would have held the interest of a lot of people, and would have left their imagination (among other things) stimulated.

Anyway, the point is that they won't be appearing on MMSA, which is why they're posted in full here.

9 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:42 pm

db105

Trailboss
Jack wrote:Also, while MMSA will accept stories with a 'spanky feel' and no spanking, they're usually part of a series.

Actually the policy is that series do not need to have spankings in all chapters, just in some of them, and that standalone stories with no actual spanking are acceptable as long as the story is about spanking. Stories with no spanking but with that 'spanky feel' you mention are acceptable.

Plagosus explained it here:
http://www.forum.malespank.net/viewtopic.php?p=78121#78121
Plagosus wrote:As I have said before there are two sorts of stories in the archive without there being a hard and fast line between them: spanking stories and stories with spanking in them. So long as it complies with the guidelines, any stand alone story with spanking in it will be approved. Indeed, any story without spanking in it will be approved if it is about spanking or has a "spanky feel" to it. When it comes to series we try to be flexible and do not insist on a spanking in every part. When, as we occasionally do, we get parts 1, 2 and 3 without any spanking we do feel the need to ask if we can expect one any time soon. We are also inclined to give more leeway to established authors. Naturally there has to be a limit, but so far we have not had to consider what it is.

Admittedly, that 'spanky feel' is subjective, but I have no doubt that this story meets the MMSA requirements. It's clearly about spanking. Maybe you could have asked the reviewer politely to consult the matter in the reviewers forum.

About the icon, I personally would have had no problem giving it the switch icon, but a reasonable argument could be made that it might be misleading. The purpose of the icons is to help compatible stories and readers meet each other. I think someone who likes stories about switchings would be interested in this one, but perhaps they'd expect an actual switching to occur and be disappointed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

10 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:48 pm

db105

Trailboss
I enjoyed the two part story. Sometimes a story does not need to show the actual spanking "on screen" to work. I remember a Bransom story of yours from the point of view of a boy who "witnesses" a spanking (actually he mostly hears it) and it worked really well as a spanking story.

Perhaps a short introduction explaining that the two stories have completely different characters but has been inspired by the same place would make it easier to understand the connection.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

11 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Jack

Admin
When I submitted this to MMSA, Johnno got involved - not because the story was rejected, but because the reviewer had sent me a message that got lost, and had followed it up with a message to the MMSA forum, where I don't usually go.  I contacted Johnno to check into it, since he's my usual contact there.

He did check into the matter.  There was a three-way discussion between me, him, and the reviewer, and I decided it was best to go with that reviewer's opinion on the matter.  Johnno agrees with you, but it wasn't that important to me, and I didn't want 'go over anyone's head', since I hate when people try to do that to me.

Thanks for your opinion/support/advice, though, and I'm glad you enjoyed the stories.

12 Re: Twice Told Tales on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Adric

Cowboy
These are both interesting as potential introductions to a series.  I think "A Home of His Own" had the greater potential for an interesting series since an emancipated 17 year old novelist living alone should have much more potential to make things happen than the 13 year old boy living with his parents.  His new home is also very conveniently located to further the relationship.

If this had been submitted to MMSA as the first story in a series that you were creating then I think the absence of an actual CP event in the intro wouldn't have been held against it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

13 Re: Twice Told Tales on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 am

Jack

Admin
Adric wrote:These are both interesting as potential introductions to a series.  I think "A Home of His Own" had the greater potential for an interesting series since an emancipated 17 year old novelist living alone should have much more potential to make things happen than the 13 year old boy living with his parents.  His new home is also very conveniently located to further the relationship.

Glad you found this, Adric.

I had neither intended either of these to be the start of a series.  They were just cute little ideas that I thought were worth sharing - I enjoy that little O Henry punch as a way to end a story, so I just couldn't resist.

A Home of His Own probably would be a pretty good series. Maybe I'll do something with it one day.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum