Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Jack

Admin
You have three sons who go to the local Christian school. All of their are pretty good boys... usually. You have other kids, but none who are in school yet. Your partner stays home to care for those. Normally the boys walk home, and your partner is usually home when the older boys arrive home from school.
The boys walking home - Evan - 11, Perry - 14, Charlie - 9

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not today.

Today, your partner was at the doctor's office, but there was an emergency, and the appointment is running very late. As for you - you're stuck right behind a wreck, and you can't move until they get things finished. Considering the rainy weather, it's just perfect. At least, since you're not moving, you can call the guys.

You get Perry, explain the situation and ask if he's finished his chores and homework (you can hear the sound of a video game in the background). No homework and chores are done. You ask him to put some things on for dinner, and make sure the two younger boys have done their chores. He promises he will.

You call back when it looks like you'll be able to move again. Your partner is still tied up. Perry promises that he told the other boys and started dinner.

"Did you check to be sure the boys did it?"

"Yes," he assures you, rather out of patience, so you end the call.

You arrive home before your partner. Things are on the stove as you'd asked. Perry's video game is on, but he's not around. You find him upstairs. Chas and Ev have a game spread out, and all three of them are trying to get the younger two boys' chores done.

Talking to them separately, Chas and Ev admit that Perry had told them, but they'd been distracted. He claims that he checked with them before putting dinner on, then reminded them before he went back to his game. He admits he lied when he told you he'd made sure they'd done it.

What happens to who now?

2 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Dinner is on the stove. The chores can wait. The school exists to serve the kids, and does not own them as slaves, so the school can give an extension for the homework because of family emergency!

I am reasonably well pleased with Perry and his brothers so there will be no punishments.

Iconoclast

3 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:12 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
If Perry hasn't been put in charge of his younger brothers previously, and given parental authority while in charge, I'd have no reasonable expectation that the brothers would have any reaction to his request other than "You're not the boss of me."

The three boys are trying to get the chores (and homework) done. The "lie" doesn't sound to me like it was a real lie--that is, one meant to deceive, but rather one meant to end the phone call, whether to go back to a video game, or to get on with dinner and supervising brothers. He DOES have things on the stove, and he did remind the younger ones to do their chores/homework, and is now helping supervise their doing it.

I don't think anyone is in trouble, at least not if I were dad.

4 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:00 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:If Perry hasn't been put in charge of his younger brothers previously, and given parental authority while in charge, I'd have no reasonable expectation that the brothers would have any reaction to his request other than "You're not the boss of me."

The three boys are trying to get the chores (and homework) done.  The "lie" doesn't sound to me like it was a real lie--that is, one meant to deceive, but rather one meant to end the phone call, whether to go back to a video game, or to get on with dinner and supervising brothers.   He DOES have things on the stove, and he did remind the  younger ones to do their chores/homework, and is now helping supervise their doing it.

I don't think anyone is in trouble, at least not if I were dad.
Ditto Kier. I may add a swat or two to the boys since games come after homework, but nothing else

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Kier and JB together work for me.

It's nice to mellow a bit.

6 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:04 am

ivor

Marshall
It would appear that this is the first time the trio have arrived home to find spouse missing and the have all taken advantage of the situation.

That being so a definite warning that if it happens again then sore butts are on the table - for all three.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
I like Kier's answer and shall steal it as my own.

8 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
On reflection I can understand Perry's impatience at my attemps to micro-manage him from the car.

When I get home I'm going to thank him for stepping up to the plate and getting the meal on the way when his mother was unable to be there.

Regarding the other two.  Their chores aren't time critical beyond the limits I'd set but I owe Perry my support.  They will get an ear bending regarding minding Perry whenever he's put in charge of them.  To reinforce that they can do his chores as well as their own for the next two days

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:07 am

Jack

Admin
AFinch wrote:If Perry hasn't been put in charge of his younger brothers previously...

It didn't really seem necessary to mention, while I was writing the scenario, but Perry has been left in charge before, and boys have been spanked in the past for not following his instructions.

10 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:45 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Kier.

Kat

11 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:34 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm not that annoyed with Perry. He seems to have been tring to cover for his brothers which is a nice thing for a big brother to do. Also he seems to have been thrust into the I'm in charge role without havig any authority.If he has never been in the role of ensuring chores or homework are done and his little brothers also don't understand the chain of command either then really I cannot see Perry as his brothers' keeper.

Saying all that I think the younger ones do have some explaining to do. They know the rules as well as Perry and this very much has the feel of 'when the Cats away the mice will play ' about it. They weren't honest with Perry and  he probably didn't know what to look for with the homework putting Perry in the position of unwitting accomplice as far as the homework went.

So Chas and Ev will be going over my knee for handspankings and we will be having a family discussion about the way things should be done if this were to happen again and all will understand Big brothers position in future/Perry cannot do their homework for them but the chores WILL be ddone and if they dont cooperate Perry should let me know..

12 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:17 am

Jack

Admin
Let me first point out that the there is never any mention of homework for the little brothers, so that's a moot point. It was also never stated that this was the first time the trio was alone, though it also wasn't stated that it wasn't.

Yes, this is based on RL, by the way. While it's not a common occurrence, it was actually far from the first time that Perry was left in charge of the younger boys, when they arrived home alone. It's just that they normally know ahead of time that it's going to happen (or their mom knows, and at least leaves them notes, if there's a change of schedule after they leave for school). In this case, the difference was simply that it was unexpected, and no one had a chance to alert the boys ahead of time.

Because I was told this story by their father, I heard his view of it, so it's interesting to hear other people's opinion. His view was that Perry had lied to him about checking on the boys, then found out they hadn't done their chores, so the three were rushing through things, so he wouldn't find out they'd not been honest/not done what they were told. What Kier said about trying to get off the phone has the ring of truth, but I don't understand how that's not still meant to deceive or is any better.

Ivor was the closest to Mr. Tidwell's answer, when you consider that Ivor didn't know it had happened before.

In this case, Chas and Ev were told to finish their chores, and Perry was sent to check the food, while Mr. T changed and cleaned up. Then Perry had to go back upstairs and get his little brothers ready for 'hard spankings', and all three of them could wait 'on the wall' (basically corner time, when you don't have enough corners).

After the younger two got hard spankings (I think hand, but I'm not positive), they were sent to their room until dinner time. Perry got a quick lecture, then a 'few' swats with the belt. Mr. T said it was pretty mild, compared to what Perry normally got. However, because Perry had admitted he hadn't double checked on the boys, because he'd been trying to get some extra screen time, he also lost his gaming privileges for a few days.

THAT is why I found out about this. Perry wasn't mad about the licks, he was mad about losing his screen time. Mr. T had told me about it in line to asking if I thought he'd been too strict. It's always a hard question, because you want to make an impression, and you want them to prioritize correctly, but you don't want to go overboard. We talked it over a bit. The simple fact is that it's always hardest with your oldest, because they don't have anyone to compare what they're getting. If you spank them, they complain you're treating them like a kid, but if you use something else, they complain you're treating them unfairly.

As it was, Mr. T decided he'd made his point, and, besides being upset over losing his gaming rights, Perry had taken it well, and it had only been a minor misjudgement, so he got his gaming privileges back a few days early.

13 Re: 10 Nov 2014 - To Tell the Truth on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:21 am

Stone Man

Marshall
Just the facts, sir... just the facts.

I really like real life scenarios. I enjoy answering and reading others views and then learning the details of what really happened in the boys' and adults' lives.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum