Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Jack

Admin

It's a school holiday, and your son is home for the week.  You both enjoy camping, and the weather is at the perfect stage to make it enjoyable, so you plan a couple of days away for the two of you.  Your partner has no desire to camp if it can be avoided, and wishes the two of you well, promising to take your daughter on a trip they'll enjoy.

Your 11-year old son, Keith.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

The only trouble is that you have a business trip planned.  You arrange things to be home early Friday morning, so you and Keith can take off and arrive in time to set up and enjoy the evening.

Things don't go well while you're gone.

Being on a school holiday, Keith is staying up late, playing a lot of video games, and there are a few (major) chores that he's been asked to handle over the holiday.  He complains about the major chores, and that it's not fair that he has to do all the hard stuff (your daughter is also doing chores, but hers do sound a bit lighter than his).  

Your partner is not a spanker, and normally uses short-term grounding or long term restrictions.  When Keith has still not finished his assigned chores (he is keeping up with his regular ones), he's told that, if he doesn't have them finished Friday morning, then he can spend the weekend at home.  You've heard about that from both sides.

When you arrive home Friday, Keith is nearly in tears.  He couldn't finish last night, so he tried to go to bed early, but he couldn't get to sleep. He tried to wake up this morning, but he was very tired, and fell back asleep.  He did work on it, but he's not finished, and he hasn't even packed his bag yet.

So, there goes the weekend?

2 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:41 pm

db105

Trailboss
Jack wrote:

No way. Really, with work and everything there are not that many opportunities for cool father-son activities like this. I'm sure that it's a holiday we'll always remember. I'm not going to spoil it because of some chores if I can help it.

Perhaps it would be different if his attitude about it was really bad, but it sounds that he has tried to make amends.

It sounds to me like he has already been punished because of how worried he has been. I'll help him pack and finish any urgent chore, and then we'll leave. I'll scold him a bit as I drive, and tell him that he'll have to finish his chores or do some extra ones when we return, and that will be that. Then we can concentrate on enjoying our camping activity.

When I can I'll phone my partner to explain so that she doesn't get mad.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

3 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:42 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
db105 wrote:
Jack wrote:

No way. Really, with work and everything there are not that many opportunities for cool father-son activities like this. I'm sure that it's a holiday we'll always remember. I'm not going to spoil it because of some chores if I can help it.

Perhaps it would be different if his attitude about it was really bad, but it sounds that he has tried to make amends.

It sounds to me like he has already been punished because of how worried he has been. I'll help him pack and finish any urgent chore, and then we'll leave. I'll scold him a bit as I drive, and tell him that he'll have to finish his chores or do some extra ones when we return, and that will be that. Then we can concentrate on enjoying our camping activity.

Daniel has covered it well. DITTO

4 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
db105 wrote:
Jack wrote:

I agree Daniel! The chores will have to wait! Cool father-son activities take priority over chores!

Iconoclast

5 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:12 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I think that I'm just a little annoyed with my partner and I think I'll have a discussion with him when Keith and I return...

The camping trip is on... and if he's still insistent on punishing Keith, we can have a grounding next weekend instead and all...

6 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:47 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
ditto Katz all the ditto day.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto all the other dittos. We're going camping.

8 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:03 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
..............You've heard about that from both sides.............

This is the point when "both sides" would have learned that I was looking forward to the trip and it was ON regardless.

My parner can devise some alternative sanction.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 am

ivor

Marshall
What chores can this 11 year old have that are taking up so much of his week? Is he decorating one of the rooms or building an extension??

Sounds to me like he's earned (and needs) a break before he goes back to school.

We're off - get packed son!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:26 am

Padraig

Trailboss
Nothing left to add here.

11 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:18 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:What chores can this 11 year old have that are taking up so much of his week?

I might have explained that badly - it's not that they're taking up so much of his week, it's that he's not getting started on them.

12 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:05 am

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Db........I think we have both earned the weekend
I'm not sure I belive in taking something like this away as punishment

Hugs kal

13 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Does that mean the daughters one on one time with Mum is off as well or am I expected to be the jaior? I think my so and I have to talk this one through. We the tasks within my sons capabilities. Why so much on a school break So and I need to get back on the same page

14 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Jack

Admin
I kind of screwed this up. This is loosely based on a RL scenario I was told about. The difference is that it was punishment chores the boy was supposed to do. I think I was just distracted yesterday, forgot to do a BOTD, and this one came out about half right.

In the situation about which I was told, where the boy didn't finish his punishment chores, Dad gave him a spanking, took a shower while the boy cleaned up and packed, and they headed off for their weekend.

In the scenario presented here, I agree with most of the rest of you. We're going, and the chores can be finished later.

15 Re: 17 Nov 2014 - Where Goes the Weekend? on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
The chores can wait until we get back from a GREAT trip.

Keith gets a bedtime spanking for being slow on the uptake.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum