Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Jack

Admin
Sometimes you'd swear your life is based on one of those really old sit-coms: mostly wholesome, but often ridiculous.

You grew up on a farm, and were only middling happy there, but you returned to it, when your parents grew too old to work it. Your spouse works at home and doesn't seem to mind. Your son, on the other hand, has taken to it like a fish to water, or like a hog to waller.

Dwayne just turned 12, and he loves that you trusted him enough to teach him to drive the old tractor. He also loves his black and tan coonhound, Billy. When you moved out here, you worried that Dwayne would feel isolated, but he loves it, and he's made some good friends - the Ditkas - and he doesn't even mind the half-mile bike ride over rough, dirt roads between the two houses (neither do they, though they are slightly more likely to hike the back way).

The Ditkas
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Things are mostly going good, but there are always exceptions.

One problem is that Dwayne really does want to be inseparable from Billy, including when driving the tractor. You explained to him why that's not a good idea, and that Billy can't hold on, and how dogs aren't as good as climbing and jumping as cats are. Last week, after several discussions, you caught Billy on the tractor again. Despite Dwayne's protests that Billy got up there on his own, you took Dwayne down, found a private spot, bared his rear, put him over your lap, and gave him a long, thorough hand spanking.

Hand spankings have usually been enough to get Dwayne's attention and straighten him out. On the rare situation that he kept repeating behavior, you've added a taste of your belt.

This afternoon, this is what you saw:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You helped Billy down, grabbed Dwayne, got him out of his overalls, then spanked his butt until he was crying. Then you stood him up, removed your belt, and gave him several strokes. He was howling, and Billy joined him.

When he calmed down, you reminded him again how dangerous it is, and how bad he'd feel if something happened to Billy. He wasn't interested in listening, and stormed off (politely) as soon as you'd let him. You felt bad, but knew you were right, and promised yourself you'd try to talk to him again after dinner.

Before dinner, you get a call from Mr. Ditka, letting you know that Dwayne and Billy are in the front yard, asking which way the bus station is.

Not all sit-coms are funny. How does this episode end?

2 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
I ask Mr. Dikta to give him a lift - back here!

Dwayne will be asked (told) to design a box to fit onto the back of the tractor into which Billy will fit and from which, if he does decide to leap out, he won't be in danger of going under the wheels. Until so constructed and fitted, no tractor driving!

He'll probably complete the job in less than 24 hours!

Last edited by Pi Beta on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification as to who "he" was.)

3 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Not sure any bus line is going to let a dog on board nor, in modern times, sell a ticket to a UM. But it is a moot point.

I think I will ask Mr. D to stall him and I will head over.  Dwayne, Billy and I will take a long drive and talk things out.

I like Pi's idea of building a safe box for Billy.

4 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Tell Mr. Ditka to wish Dwayne Bon Voyage and all...

Stevie.

5 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Katz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

6 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Pi Beta wrote:I ask Mr. Dikta to give him a lift - back here!

Dwayne will be asked (told) to design a box to fit onto the back of the tractor into which Billy will fit and from which, if he does decide to leap out, he won't be in danger of going under the wheels. Until so constructed and fitted, no tractor driving!

He'll probably complete the job in less than 24 hours!

This is the solution I should have thought of first, especially as it is the only solution that may actually work!

Iconoclast

7 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 am

Padraig

Trailboss
sounds good, pi

8 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:02 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Pi has the right idea but I'll go over and collect Dwayne myself.

Since what Dwayne had been doing was no more dangerous than having Billy running round the wheels of the tractor trying to stay close to his master I'm going to apologise to him for being so trigger happy.  

Then we'll work together to design construct and fit some kind of safer platform for Billy to ride.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am

Jack

Admin
I love Pi's idea, but the problem is, if Dwayne is using the tractor for work, the box still wouldn't be safe, because he'll normally be towing something. On the other hand, if he has a way where he can sometimes give Billy a ride, and if I stress how dangerous what he's doing is (throw a watermelon under the wheel?), maybe he'll be willing to at least compromise some.

As for running away, we'll have a long talk, and we'll try to work out the problem. As much as he loves hid dog, my responsibility is his safety, and that does include a certain amount of emotional safety (plus, I love animals as well). More important, if I'm going to trust him to operate heavy machinery (even old, not that heavy, heavy machinery), he's going to have to learn to trust that the rules are there for a reason and to obey them.

10 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:16 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I like Pis idea. Not sure about its feasibility. Dwayne and I need a long talk It is about both Billy and Dwaynes safety. Dwayne could essily lose control of what he's doing and either of them could end up under the tractor if t flips over. I love him too much to let that happen, to him or Billy. That is why I came down hard. I won't be punishing Dwayne for running off as I think that might prove Dwaynes point

11 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
I have actually seen boxes on the back for a dog to ride in.

12 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I hope Pi's idea will work out. I understand the urge to take one's dog everywhere one goes.

Kat

13 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Jack

Admin
Pi Beta wrote:I have actually seen boxes on the back for a dog to ride in.

Cool! What a Face

14 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy

I'm not entirely sure that was what they were designed for (probably for carrying equipment) - but that was how they were being utilised.

15 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:13 pm

ivor

Marshall
Pi Beta wrote:

I'm not entirely sure that was what they were designed for (probably for carrying equipment) - but that was how they were being utilised.

Jack's got the answer, Pi - they were cool boxes Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

16 Re: 24 Nov 2014 - The End of the Episode on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
I will go and get Dwayne and Billy taking the long way home hoping to get a conversation going.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum