a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11/25/14 "Season Opener: Grandma's Clock" A Jack and DMK Miniseries

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SEASON OPENER:  GRANDMA'S CLOCK
A Jack and DMK Miniseries

We have been previously introduced to the Ditka boys as friends of Dwayne's (and Billy's.)  It seems Dwayne's dad isn't the only one who feels like he is trapped in an old sitcom.  With four boys, most days Mr. Ditka simply hopes for the laugh track and not the ominous music.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Today just happens to be ominous music day.  

Your spouse is working late and your second youngest son, nine year-old Eli, has an appointment with the eye doctor. You are able to get Eli to his appointment but you definitely do not want to drag all four boys in to town.  Since it will only be two or three hours max you leave the other three boys at home with fourteen year-old Andrew in charge.

That clock on the wall is your most prized possession.  It was a wedding gift from your grandfather to your grandmother. Your grandmother handed it down to you when you got married. Now that your grandparents are passed the clock has even greater sentimental value.

The clock on the wall is what has now cued up the ominous music.  You came home with Eli after the appointment to find your prized clock was no longer on the wall.  Instead the clock is on the floor and the decorative wood work is broken.  The clock can be repaired but you secured it well and it should not be in the floor.

Andrew and Issac are busy working on homework at the dining room table and Abraham is off in the room he shares with Eli doing whatever it is eight year-old boys do.

You question the oldest two boys about your grandmother's clock.  They seem just a little nervous and their answer seems just a little rehearsed.  Andrew says, "Uh, we have no idea.  A big truck did come speeding down the road and the whole house shook so maybe that made it fall down."

Issac quickly pipes in, "Yeah, a real big truck.  We've been right here doing homework the whole time you were gone."

Abraham, the Announcer-In-Chief, is now on the scene and he is anxious to report to you that Andrew and Isaac were fighting in the house while you were out. Both Andrew and Isaac are quick to deny the accusation and soon a "was too, was not" argument is in full action.

This is what you DO know:

1. The clock was securely mounted on the wall.

2.  Andrew and Isaac have both been warned before and even spanked for their tendency to rough house and play fight inside.  You like the boys to expend the energy but insist the wrestling and roughhousing go on outside.

3.  Abraham has a great tendency to "bend the truth" especially if he sees a chance to get his brothers in trouble.

4.  There is a rock quarry at the end of the road you live on.  Large trucks are all the time speeding by.  You have even made complaint to the County Commission with little result.

Will the laugh track play today?

Padraig

Trailboss
Well, of course I could spank the two and it would probably be no fault. However, I do not have any proof so they get the benefit of doubt but with the sternest warning I could give, delivered in groups and man to boy talks. This includes little Abe.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I can't prove anything but I wll try the look me in the eye trick.Abrahammay find HIMSELF being rough-housed by his brothers if he tries to get them in trouble like this.

David M. Katz

Marshall
My thoughts:
The thing that raises my suspicion is Andrew saying "WE" don't know. If they haven't discussed it how can Andrew speak for Isaac? In the end the boys may end up escaping culpability (and maybe they aren't guilty) but I am going to speak with each of the boys one on one and compare stories.

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
My thoughts:
The thing that raises my suspicion is Andrew saying "WE" don't know.  If they haven't discussed it how can Andrew speak for Isaac?  In the end the boys may end up escaping culpability (and maybe they aren't guilty) but I am going to speak with each of the boys one on one and compare stories.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
Someone is going to have to face the music....

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Andrew says, "Uh, we have no idea.  A big truck did come speeding down the road and the whole house shook so maybe that made it fall down."

Issac quickly pipes in, "Yeah, a real big truck.  We've been right here doing homework the whole time you were gone."

The clock would have come down with an almighty crash they couldn't have failed to notice if they had been doing homework in the room as claimed.  In addition a natural reaction would have been to pick up the pieces.

"Nice try boys; now drop 'em"

(Even if vibration did shake the clock down they've been telling lies anyway)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
First, I'm going to remind Abe that no one asked him, that he should only tell if something illegal or dangerous is happening, and that he's going to stir up a lot of hard feelings if he keeps tattling.

With Andy and Ike, I'm going to separate them, ask for details as to what happened when I was gone. Then I'm going to show them how I had the clock fastened to the wall, and how other knick knacks weren't up there as securely, and ask why the only thing is the house to fall was the clock.

If all else fails, I'm going to tell them (together) that, I really believe that they did knock the clock down, but I don't have any proof they did. I'm going to remind them that, while I am upset about the clock getting broke (and why it's important to me), that, if they did do it, I'm not mad at them about that, but I would be upset that it happened when they were breaking the rules. Then I'm going to remind them that they know what they earn by rough housing inside, and that I would give them a thorough whupping if they admit they did it, but that I'm going to trust them. However, I want them to know that they didn't outsmart me, and that they're not getting away with anything, but that, if they go unpunished, it's because I'm not one hundred percent sure they're guilty, and I don't want to risk punishing them when they're innocent. If they feel it's worth betraying my love and trust of them to avoid a punishment they've earned - that's their decision.

I'll then leave them alone to contemplate that, but I'm willing to bet it'll only be a few minutes before they come out and ask for their whuppings.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Hell, Jack, that had me ready to ask for a whipping and I wasn't even there. Shocked

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going to let the whole thing go because I knew when I had kids that stuff would get broken. The clock can be repaired, but even if it couldn't, it's still just a thing. Sure it has sentimental value, but I chose to display it, thus risking something happening to it. Accidents happen. I don't want to become the sort of person who puts his nice things away where they bring joy neither to me nor anyone else. I also don't want to become the sort of person whose attachment to things is more important than his attachment to people. The boys know they screwed up (I suspect) and are lying because they are afraid of my reaction. I'll send them a better message by focusing on setting things right rather than punishing the cause of the accident.

Kat

Stone Man

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:Hell, Jack, that had me ready to ask for a whipping and I wasn't even there.  Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum