a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/03/14 "I've Changed My Mind' A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
I CHANGED MY MIND
A DMK Production

You have always used spanking with your now twelve year-old son Ryan.  Most issues were handled with an OTK session with your hand on Ryan's bare bottom but serious issue would earn an upgrade with the paddle. Ryan approached you right before his twelfth birthday and said he wanted to discuss punishments with you.  Ryan said he felt a spanking was a  "baby" punishment and asked you to start using grounding with him.  Ryan had prepared his talk well and did  a good job of making his case.  You and he discussed just what being grounded would entail and you agreed to Ryan's  request.  That was a month ago.

This past Sunday Ryan was very late with his curfew and you caught him in a lie about his whereabouts.  Ryan and a friend had been playing in a nearby abandoned warehouse and lost track of time.  Ryan knew the warehouse was off limits due to safety reasons so he tried to lie about what he had been doing but you eventually got the truth out of him.  Normally this would have earned Ryan an upgrade to the paddle but, per your new agreement, you told Ryan he was grounded for a week.

Monday and Tuesday were uneventful and Ryan seemed to be coping with his restrictions.  Ryan came home from school on Wednesday (today) and seemed very disturbed.  Ryan didn't seem to want to talk and disappeared in to his room.  A bit later you heard the back door slam and went to investigate.  You found Ryan sitting outside a "clubhouse" you had built for him in the back yard.  Ryan looked very distraught.

RYAN - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You ask Ryan if he needed to talk about anything.  Ryan unloads:

"I've changed my mind.  Being grounded sucks and I can't stand it.  I am already tired of not being able to do anything or go anywhere and there is no way I can do this through the weekend.  I'm going crazy.  Also, today my friend Danny invited me to go camping with him and his family this weekend.  I was embarrassed to say I was grounded so I told Danny I could go.  (You know Danny and his parents well and would have allowed Ryan to go on the camping trip under normal circumstances.) Now I don't know what to do.  Will you please, please, please just give me a spanking and let me be done with being grounded? I know you will use the paddle and that's OK."

Do you agree to Ryan's change of mind?  If you do agree to the spanking will you give consideration for "time served?"

Jack

Admin
"No, son. I'm sorry, but you made a very strong case for why grounding was a better idea. The fact that you find it so unpleasant should help you avoid this kind of action in the future. Also, you should have thought about the idea that you might be as embarrassed to be grounded as spanked, and that grounding is harder to hide. I'm sorry, but I just don't think it's a good idea."

I'm going to give him a while to think about this. I want it to soak in that he doesn't run things, and the world doesn't bend to his convenience. With the understanding that he's had his chance, and he's going to have to accept a sore bottom for a while longer, I'll then reluctantly agree to paddle his little bottom - but he's not getting anything off for time served - he's getting a deluxe session.

In RL, I've found a lot of success with giving the boys input into their consequences, but I think 12 is a bit young for that, and I probably would have either stuck with that or tried for a compromise - 'restrictions or short term groundings, mixed with spanking for more serious offenses? Maybe that's something else Ryan and I can discuss.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Ryan is not going camping THIS weekend. He committed at least two quite serious offences and is lucky not to be spanked AND grounded.I will ring Dannys Dad and explain to spare Ryan's blushes. I do wonder if Ryan would have not tried for a change of punishment if a camping trip wasn't in the offing. I agree with most of what Jack said and it looks like the paddle will not be retired just yet.For now I am happy to let the grounding seem worse.

AFinch

Sherrif
I also agree with Jack.

Grounding is SUPPOSED to suck. And be careful what you wish for, Ryan.

ivor

Marshall
Although he may not have realised it Ryan has just learned a valuable lesson - there are sometimes unexpected side effects of a decision you make.

I'll consider putting spanking back on the table as an option in future, but not immediately. We will also have a discussion to try and agree which sort of offences merit which type of punishment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Don't know why I agreed to grounding in the first place.  I don't see why I should also serve a sentence of closely supervising him, or the houshold ambience being sullied by a grumpy disconsolate kid moping round - and now I'm horrified at the thought of coping with him over his non-camping weekend.

I'll agree to rescinding his grounding and I'll introduce him to 'big boy' spankings - across the end of his bed whilst my belt imprints its message on his bared butt.

Then my spouse and I can enjoy a kid free weekend.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I have no qualms about Ryan's missing out on ordinary activities, which we both should have foreseen were a consequence of grounding.The camping trip is something out of the ordinary, however, which I think makes the grounding far worse than I intended. I see no reason not to compromise on the punishment. Ryan can take a paddling so that he can go camping with Danny; however, he will serve the remainder of the grounding. Consistency in discipline is important, but so is reasonableness and compassion. I believe Ryan will accept his punishment and benefit from it more if he feels it is just.

Kat

Pi Beta

Deputy
With the weather forecast for this coming weekend, I thing the camping will be a worse punkishment than either the grounding or the paddle - indeed, he may need the paddle to warm him up!

Alternately, "Sorry, you wanted this; you now have to stick it out." But we'll discuss reverting to a mixture of paddle, belt and grounding when you've served this sentence.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie will offer Ryan a choice - move the grounding to next weekend and add an extra day to and he'll allow him to go on the camping trip... or stay home and the original period remains...

We can discuss whether or not grounding 'sucks' later - and decide whether or not to revert to spanking... but as for this punishment, he's already made his choice and he has to live with it.

Stevie is fairly sure that we'll stick to grounding in the end because Ryan seems to prefer spankings... and punishment isn't really supposed to be about what yon lad prefers and all...

Stevie.

kalico

Sherrif
ditto Jack

hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie will offer Ryan a choice - move the grounding to next weekend and add an extra day to and he'll allow him to go on the camping trip... or stay home and the original period remains...

We can discuss whether or not grounding 'sucks' later - and decide whether or not to revert to spanking... but as for this punishment, he's already made his choice and he has to live with it.

Stevie is fairly sure that we'll stick to grounding in the end because Ryan seems to prefer spankings... and punishment isn't really supposed to be about what yon lad prefers and all...

Stevie.

I like Stevie's approach.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Whew! I dodged that bullet! I do not understand why I stupidly agreed to make myself into a jailer!

Fortunately Ryan has also figured out the disadvantages of grounding. Of coarse I will agree to spank him and release him from his grounding. But I will add a condition: Hereafter if Ryan proposes grounding instead of spanking that alone shall earn a spanking as well as a NO!

Iconoclast

Stone Man

Marshall
Iconoclast wrote:Whew!  I dodged that bullet!  I do not understand why I stupidly agreed to make myself into a jailer!

Fortunately Ryan has also figured out the disadvantages of grounding.  Of coarse I will agree to spank him and release him from his grounding.  But I will add a condition:  Hereafter if Ryan proposes grounding instead of spanking that alone shall earn a spanking as well as a NO!

Iconoclast

HA! I love that idea.

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:I also agree with Jack.

Grounding is SUPPOSED to suck.  And be careful what you wish for, Ryan.
ditto this ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum