a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/9/14 "Being A Good Friend" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
BEING A GOOD FRIEND
A DMK Production

Rusty is your thirteen year old son.  You use spanking with your son when needed but  Rusty has not needed a spanking in a little over six months.  Rusty is typically a good boy but he is very messy.  You don't expect anything near perfection and will give Rusty a lot of leeway with his room but there is a point where you do expect Rusty to tidy things up a bit.  This was the condition of Rusty's room two days ago:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You told Rusty he needed to clean up his room.  He said he would do it that evening. (Remember, that was two days ago.) You have given Rusty daily reminders about his room and he promises to get to it but always seems to get distracted with something else and Rusty's room now looks worse. This morning you told Rusty that he was to take care of his room as soon as he walked in the door from school this afternoon - no exceptions. You warned Rusty that he would get a spanking if he did not take care of cleaning his room.  Rusty promised it would be done.

Rusty is typically by himself for an hour and a half or so after school until you get in from work.  You come home from work and see Rusty and your neighbor and Rusty's friend, twelve year-old Tyler, outside with their skateboards.  The boys both wave at you and continue skating.

RUSTY - 13

TYLER - 12

You go inside and notice that Rusty has not touched his room.   You step outside and call Rusty to you and ask him why he hasn't cleaned his room.  You remind him that he agreed it would be taken care of immediately after school.

He responds, "Tyler was already outside when I came home and he asked me to skate with him.  Tyler has been grounded for the past week and wanted to get outside but didn't want to be by himself.  I've also missed hanging out with him.  I was just being a good friend.  I don't have any homework so I thought I could take care of my room after dinner tonight."

Your response?

AFinch

Sherrif
The inner kid part of me sees this as a good excuse. But the dad in me doesn't, and my dad wouldn't have.

I'm going to call Rusty over out of ear shot of Tyler, and remind him of our earlier discussion. If Tyler wants to be a good friend, he can help Rusty get his room cleaned up and they can go back and skate. Otherwise, Rusty can make whatever excuse he wants to Tyler and go inside and clean the room. He's out of chances--if it doesn't get done now, I see a spanking in Rusty's immediate future.

Jack

Admin
My response is twofold: "Don't you have my phone number?" and then, "How is Tyler going to feel while you're grounded for a week for disobeying?"

This is one of those really hard situations, and I'm going to tell that to Tyler. If I had told him this same thing this morning, and he hadn't already had two days worth of chances to do it, I'd be a lot more sympathetic.

As it is - he can stay out with Tyler as long as he wants - up until dinner time - but then he's on strict grounding until his room is clean. Any more violations and we'll add spankings to it.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Unfortunately I have nothing to say about the clean room pictured above.  You can even see (some of) the floor!!  

In any case Rusty has a good reason for going with his friend.  I want Rusty to have someone to hang with after school.

Iconoclast

MemoryMan

Sherrif
That his room has been allowed to get into this state is partly my fault for not acting sooner.

Rusty has come up with a reasonable (at least in his eyes) explanation for his delay and there is still time to complete the job tonight. The question is that after being so easygoing do I suddenly want to play the heavy and come down on him like a ton of bricks.

No I don't; but I'll give him an incentive.  I'll send him to fetch the strap, then I'll place it on his chair and promise him that I'll be using it at bedtime if his room isn't properly cleared up by then.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie does not see any problem with Rusty's room... Very Happy

What's wrong????

Why is he in trouble???

Stevie

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm adding a "chore strike" chart to the wall in the kitchen and putting 2 1/2 strikes by "keeping my room cleaned/picked up". Rusty has until one hour before his bedtime tonight to avoid a bedtime spanking.

ivor

Marshall
As Tommy has been grounded for the last couple of days there has been even less reason for Rusty not to have done what I asked during that period!

I will explain to him that extensions can work more than one way. I'll give him until bedtime to get his room properly cleaned up, but if it isn't then he will be in for an extended spanking.

Last edited by ivor on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
MemoryMan wrote:That his room has been allowed to get into this state is partly my fault for not acting sooner.

Rusty has come up with a reasonable (at least in his eyes) explanation for his delay and there is still time to complete the job tonight. The question is that after being so easygoing do I suddenly want to play the heavy and come down on him like a ton of bricks.

No I don't; but I'll give him an incentive.  I'll send him to fetch the strap, then I'll place it on his chair and promise him that I'll be using it at bedtime if his room isn't properly cleared up by then.

Its now bedtime and his room is pristine but as I retrieve the strap I'm going to find a trifling fault and take him over my lap for a single whack just hard enough to leave him with a warm tingling glow as he --er........... goes to sleep Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think the big problem is that I have set a bad precedent with the nagging when I should have, as MM points out, nipped this problem in the bud. I also expect that Rusty finds cleaning his room up overwhelming and needs some help in figuring out how to tackle the problem. I'm going to have him come inside now and the two of us are going to sort this out. Tommy is welcome to come in and help as well, but the skateboarding is on hold until the chore is finished.

Kat

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
I'll go with Kat on this. I won't spank Rusty, not yet anyway, he's on license to keep his room tidy for the foreseeable future and woe betide him if he doesn't.

squarecutter

Sherrif
As Tyler has just come off a grounding I am sure he will understand when I tell him(in front of Rusty) to get on home and that Rusty wont be able to play with him till that room is cleaned. I will leave the spanking part out as far as Tyler knowing about it is concerned. Rusty on the other hand will be in no doubt he has till bedtime to do it or he will be sleeping on his stomach

John Boy

Sherrif
ditto Jack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum