a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-12-2014 - I've Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts - A Leti DMK Prod

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS
A Leti and DMK Production

Last year you moved from the northern United States to The Caribbean due to a promotion and transfer with your employer. You and your spouse and your now twelve year-old son, Todd, love your new home.  Todd seems to be thriving in the new environment.

It is now the Christmas holidays and you and your family are flying back to the bleak cold you left last year to visit and spend time with your parents and brothers and sisters.  You all are excited about seeing family despite the temporary break from your tropical paradise.

Todd wants to take coconuts back to his grandparents but you tell him he cannot take them on the plane.  It is the day you are supposed to fly out.  You and your spouse are busy making final preparations.  You remind Todd that he needs to get showered and dressed.  He says OK.  You and your spouse tend to getting yourselves ready and assume Todd is getting ready himself.  Todd decides he still wants to try to take some coconuts to his grandparents despite you telling him otherwise.  He feels he has time to gather some coconuts and runs off and collects a few.

Todd enjoys sitting on the porch and reading.  He was out reading last night and left his book on the bench.  As he is setting the coconuts on the bench he sees his book.  He only has one chapter left and so sits down and starts reading.  Todd gets very involved in his book and thinks nothing more about getting showered and dressed.

TODD - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Picture courtesy of ivor)

It is now time to leave.  The flight you need to take is only scheduled every two days.  If you do not make the plane today you will have to wait another two days.  You are running very close on time and hope the trip through security is a short one.  You go to tell Todd it is time to go and find him sitting outside reading and he is not showered or dressed.

Do you make it to the airport on time?  Is there time for or even need for a spanking?  What about those coconuts?

Padraig

Trailboss
I think mom had taken care of his suitcase already so it's just a matter of grabbing his clothes. He didn't run around so he'll do without a shower. In the car he can dress while mom reads him the riot act. And if I timed everything too close it's my fault.

And yes, no coconuts...

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Todd is dressed enough now, so he can just get in the car!

Iconoclast

John Boy

Sherrif
He will have to miss the shower, and lets hope he doesn't go overboard with Axe or some other deodorant. He can put a shirt and shoes on in the car and We will make sure he has pants when he disembarks. He will get stingeroos all the to the car though.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
Reckon Todd will just have to settle for buying his grandparents Bounty bars.

Hopefully when we get to the airport there will be time for him to become suitably dressed for arrival in the cold that awaits him in the US. But, if he complains that he is cold when we get there I know a way to warm him up Evil or Very Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

David M. Katz

Marshall
The coconuts will stay on the bench.

Todd can grab a shirt and some sort of shoes and slip them on in the car. Yeah, he will probably be a little cold when we arrive in the USA but he will survive it and often natural consequences are the best teacher.

Next time we visit my family I am going to plan and schedule our time better.

Jack

Admin
I have to agree with everyone else. Especially if there's just one flight every two days, I should have been ready an hour early. If this is typical behavior from Todd, then I should have dressed him, tied him, and threw him in the back seat of the car myself.

As it is, he can dress for public in the car, and I'll grab long pants and a jacket for him to add as he has time/space.

No spankings, but he'd better be on best behavior for a while.

squarecutter

Sherrif
If he is all packed not a problem .Long trousers and a tee shirt. A sweater and coat available for  the other end.  5 minutes - chop chop,  maybe an encouraging stingoer is in order. The coconuts are going nowhere. Is this a legal thing about carrying food into the States or just the extra bulk/weight? We can do without problems at customs or baggage control,

MemoryMan

Sherrif
ivor wrote:Reckon Todd will just have to settle for buying his grandparents Bounty bars.

Hopefully when we get to the airport there will be time for him to become suitably dressed for arrival in the cold that awaits him in the US. But, if he complains that he is cold when we get there I know a way to warm him up Evil or Very Mad  

I like this one best Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
Jack wrote:I have to agree with everyone else.  Especially if there's just one flight every two days, I should have been ready an hour early.  If this is typical behavior from Todd, then I should have dressed him, tied him, and threw him in the back seat of the car myself.

As it is, he can dress for public in the car, and I'll grab long pants and a jacket for him to add as he has time/space.

No spankings, but he'd better be on best behavior for a while.

I too agree with everyone, Todd can get dressed while we're on the move. I make no bones about telling him how angry I am that he has to do so. I go on to tell him that if we hadn't been so late he'd have received a spanking from me there and then.

I look at my watch and see how late it is and I begin to worry if we're going to make the flight. The traffic was fairly light when we left home, but the closer we get to the airport the heavier it becomes. As I look at clock on the dashboard I see we're well passed check-in time.

I tell Todd he was to blame for this, I would turn the car around if I could, but the traffic is well backed up now. On the right hand side the bright blue waters of the Caribbean shimmer in the warm sunshine, on my left is the greenery of a sugarcane plantation.

In the distance I hear sirens, ambulances and fire engines manage to get through the traffic jam. As we approach the airport a police officer stops the car and tells us this is as far as we can go. I've no need to ask what has happened, The black smoke I see tells me the story.

I ask the officer what flight it was, he tells me it was Eastern Caribbean 127. I look at my airline ticket on the dashboard. Then I look at Todd and give him a great big hug, if he hadn't been reading that book and made us late, we'd have been on that aircraft that now lay burning on the runway.

Stone Man

Marshall
One would think that after 12 years I'd know my son's way of thinking by now and ridden herd over him making sure he did what was asked of him and no more.

Like the others who have posted, I feel Todd can skip the shower and change into appropriate clothing in the car while underway. As far as the spanking I would like to give him, Todd will be warned that he is on a very short cumulative lease and if he wishes to remain white bottomed on the trip he best be in best behavior mode.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum