a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-14-2014 - Stricken by Conscience - A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Stricken By Conscience
A Memory Man Production

You were widowed three years ago and Alan, thirteen, is your only son.  Since being thrown together in grief you have developed a strong bond.  Alan has matured quickly; he mucks in willingly to help you around the home and is generally well behaved, responsible and trustworthy.  He does well at school and amazes you the way he juggles all this with his homework, rugby training and the demands of his friends.  You are tremendously proud of him.  

Alan - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    

Robust and sporty, a fearless tackler, he is a star in his colts rugby team and you watch as many of his games as you can.  He is also a typical headstrong boy who from time to time oversteps the mark and, on occasions, finds himself bare bottomed across your lap.

On these rare occasions you send him to his room to prepare and give him just two or three minutes to reflect before you follow him.  You had occasion to spank him soon after his twelfth birthday and afterwards you dug out your heirloom strap to show him, telling him he was getting too big for little boy spankings and since that that is what you got once you had turned twelve he can follow you.  You told him to put it in a drawer for if there was a next time but you have only used it once since then.  Spanking seems to work for him; in fact in one of your more intimate conversations he confessed that although they were horrible at the time that afterwards he felt "sort of cleansed after having let you down."

Today Alan is behaving totally out of character, just moping around the house; clearly he's worrying about something he's keeping to himself.  When you ask him if there's anything he'd like to talk about he uncharacteristically bursts into tears and runs upstairs.  You give him a minute or two before you follow to find him sitting trouserless on his bed, still sobbing, and with the strap beside him.

You sit alongside him and place your arm round his shoulders.  "Hey! Whatever's the matter son?  How can I help?"

"I can't tell you.  Just give me a hiding.  I'll never do it again but I feel so guilty and ashamed I don't want you to know about it, I don't want ANYONE to know."

He moved to get across your lap but you stopped him.  "Hang on a minute, I can't strap you without knowing why.  You know that I'm proud of you; that's for all sorts of things and one bad act no matter how bad isn't going to change that.  Just trust me, I'll help you if I can, but let me decide if its bad enough to deserve punishment."

He was becoming hysterical "Dad!!  You just don't understand.  I'm so ashamed I don't want anyone to know EVER"  Then he thrust the strap in your hand. "JUST DO IT"

What will you do?  Will you "cleanse" him as he appears to so desperately want (and perhaps needs) without knowing why?  If not how will you calm him and get your Alan back?

John Boy

Sherrif
I will simply explain if he isn't ready to tell me (I know he doesn't ever) Then I'm not ready to strap him. I will give him another chance, then I will walk away for the time being so he has a chance to think through what options he has.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
John Boy wrote:I will simply explain if he isn't ready to tell me (I know he doesn't ever) Then I'm not ready to strap him. I will give him another chance, then I will walk away for the time being so he has a chance to think through what options he has.

I can easily go along with this approach. Whether I walk away or remain waiting has all to do with how intimately I know my boy and which way has worked best in the past for past problems.

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto JB. I will make a point of telling him that no matter how bad something is, he can always tell me.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:Ditto JB.  I will make a point of telling him that no matter how bad something is, he can always tell me.

I agree with JB too with Kier's addition.

pushkin

Cowboy
"Will you "cleanse" him as he appears to so desperately want (and perhaps needs) without knowing why?"

Short answer:  YES.   The truth may or may not come out subsequently, but it is clearly something he will never do again.

ivor

Marshall
I started off agreeing with JB and the others but ended up agreeing with Push.

I know he doesn't like feeling the strap across his backside so there has too be something major that has caused him to request a hiding in this way. The other 'problem' I have is that not knowing what he has done I can't tell how severe my hiding should be.

I'm going to offer him a deal. I'll give him what he wants but afterwards he has to give me what I want and tell me what it was he did. If he doesn't he'll get another hiding in a week's time.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

pushkin

Cowboy
Seeing Ivor's response, I realise I should have gone into it in more detail.

My reasoning:  I already have a close bond with Alan and we trust each other and admire each other.  If I do not press him too hard on what has caused this crisis he will be forever grateful to me for it.   Some things just cannot be said between people who love each other.  Right now Alan cannot bring himself to tell me about it.  I have to keep faith in him. Some secrets are best hidden.

Coming the heavy father on him and threatening him with a further beating if he doesn't open up, or refusing to spank him at all, will shake his trust in me. Just giving him the spanking he demands will give him the release he needs and also the confidence to know that I still love him and have faith in him and his judgement.  (It will be a moderate spanking, in case you are wondering!)

The chances are that the truth will come out eventually, either from Alan himself or otherwise.  I just have to be patient.

"Just keep it to yourself, son - or tell me any time you feel ready for it.  We all make mistakes in life, and that includes me.  You have just paid for yours.  Either way, you know that I still love you and trust you."

There must be a good chance that he will open up immediately after I have said that, and then we can deal with it together.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I have the feeling that whatever it is is only a big deal in his mind. I doubt it is something that would shock me. I wish he could tell me what is wrong so I can help him put it into perspective, but that must be his choice. I might give him a few licks with the strap, but I can't really punish him without knowing what he did. It could easily be something that doesn't merit punishment at all.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie is not spanking anything unless he knows the reason for it. Full stop.

He will tell the lad that he will still be loved, no matter what...

The major problem is that what he's done might be no cause in Stevie's mind for punishment...

Stevie

Iconoclast

Trailboss
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie is not spanking anything unless he knows the reason for it. Full stop.

He will tell the lad that he will still be loved, no matter what...

The major problem is that what he's done might be no cause in Stevie's mind for punishment...

Stevie

I agree Stevie!

Iconoclast

Jack

Admin
I read this one this morning, and I had the same reaction I think I'd have in real life - I have to think about this.

I think Stevie has the right answer, though a lot of my reasoning is like Kat's.

"I'm sorry, son - I love you, and I don't want to make you do something that obviously bothers you so much, but if I don't know what you did, I have no idea how much you deserve."

squarecutter

Sherrif
I don't feel able to use the strap without knowing what he did. From what I know of the lad it cannot be so terrible. I will tell him that confession is better for the soul than any spanking and in any case at his age I am a better judge of what he needs, especially in the state he's worked himself up to

Trotzkopf

Kid
When Alan could not speak about his problem, maybe you should him give him a piece paper and a pencil and let him alone for a hour. Sometimes is it easier to write then to speak about a problem.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum