a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-19-2014 Window Shopping - A Leti and DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
WINDOW SHOPPING
A Leti and DMK Production

You and your spouse along with your six year-old son, Lenny, go to the local mall to do some shopping.  You tell Lenny he is to stay with you and your spouse and he is not to wander off.  You and your spouse pause to look at a display in one of the store windows.  Lenny wanders off unnoticed by you or your spouse.

You notice your son is missing and you start desperately looking around and calling his name.  Your spouse has headed off to get the help of mall security.

You notice a large crowd has gathered in front of a store window and they are laughing and cheering.  You make your way to the front of the crowd and notice Lenny has climbed on to the window display and is busy entertaining the gathered crowd.

LENNY - 6
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You are relieved and step in the store and collect your son.  You ask Lenny what you said about wandering off.  Lenny responds, "I didn't wander.  You guys stopped and I kept on walking because I wanted to see something else."  Lenny points to the window display he was climbing on, "I liked this one and decided to look at it. I've been right here all the time."

What happens to Lenny?

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie thinks Lenny would make a great climbing boy and all... apprentice the lad to a cruel master sweep...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stone Man

Marshall
The kid has a point. We adults stopped... did we check to see that Lenny had stopped with us??
I'll let my spouse and mall security know that Lenny has been located. I shall keep a hand on my boy for awhile (and not on his bottom either) and make sure we keep better track of him. Maybe I can get him a job in the mall window. I'm sure he'd like the attention.

AFinch

Sherrif
This actually happened to Kier, sort of, when I was 5.

We were visiting NYC, my parents were looking in a window, as was I, and they disappeared into the store, unnoticed by me. I went looking for them, and wandered around NYC, a la Home Alone 2, but far less competent than Kevin.
Finally after what seemed like forever (but was probably 2 hours), I wandered into a liquor store and announced that my parents were lost, and gave the address, almost, of my grandfather's barber shop. Using reverse lookup, the lady called him (it was 56 years ago, but I still remember her gleefully saying "this is the 3rd one this week). I was off by a number, but the proprietor of the shop next door knew grandpa's family was visiting and walked next door to get him--I was picked up and taken to my other grandparents' house, where I was rescued in the knick of time by my parents as my other grandfather was about to spank me.

Having had that experience, I am giving Lenny a pass. And in kid think, he DID stay right there. Just as in kid think, my parents wandered off--i was standing looking the window where I was left until I couldn't see them anywhere.

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Stoney on this one. No harm done and the fault was as much ours as Lenny's in my book.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
What I want to do is leave his Spanky Bear soaking wet. What I'm going to do is give Lenny a careful explanation of wandering off, so he understands that that is exactly what he did. The real problem, though, is that (if he's telling the truth), we weren't really keeping even half an eye on him, so this is at least partially our fault. No spanking, unless he argues or feels really guilty - and then just a few smacks for reinforcements.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I would have got stingers. The words used  were lenny was to 'stay with us.' Lenny wandered while we stayed so in that sense he disobeyed us.S o lecture and stingers and a warning to as he was told. And for us we must be more attentive. I doubt my SO will let go of his hand after this

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
If I'd been a casting director and had seen Lenny at the time all this was happening I would have introduced myself to his folks, took them for some coffee and told them I can see him in a movie that I was currently casting for a producer.

As his father I would want to know more, what kind of movie are you talking about?

Let's say it could be as big as Home Alone.

Who could argue with that. I was in two minds to give Lenny a swat or two, but now my heart ruled over my hand. I guess the three of us were in the right place at the right time. Who'd have thought of Lenny as a movie star?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Stoney.

Kat

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Family radio service (FRS) walkie talkies are available for about $10 to $20 and Lenny should have had one. That is the technical solution to the problem. The advantage over a cell phone is NO monthly charge!

Iconoclast

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie did this too and all... I suppose every child does at some time or other.

We were in Edward's Gardens in Don Mills, when I stopped to look at some flowers, and when I turned around, dad and my little sister 'Joan' were nowhere to be seen...

Stevie got an ice cream and a ride home in a police car... I must have been four or just turned five, I suppose...

I still remember the address I gave the policeman - 207 The Donway West, Apartment 11... I must really have had it drilled into me and all...

Stevie.

Murray Campbell

Cowboy
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie did this too and all... I suppose every child does at some time or other.

We were in Edward's Gardens in Don Mills, when I stopped to look at some flowers, and when I turned around, dad and my little sister 'Joan' were nowhere to be seen...

Stevie got an ice cream and a ride home in a police car... I must have been four or just turned five, I suppose...

I still remember the address I gave the policeman - 207 The Donway West, Apartment 11... I must really have had it drilled into me and all...

Stevie.

Nice one Stevie.

Stone Man

Marshall
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie - still remember the address I gave the policeman - 207 The Donway West, Apartment 11... I must really have had it drilled into me and all...

Stevie.

Address and phone number - that's what was drilled into my head as a kid. You're proof positive, Stevie, of how important that is for a kid... and some adults too.

John Boy

Sherrif
I'm dittoing Jack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum