a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/23/14 "Corgis At Christmas" A Late Chat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
CORGIS AT CHRISTMAS
A Late Chat Production

Your three boys have always wanted a dog, but your significant other  has asthma and you're concerned that a furry animal may cause problems. Your neighbor has two little corgis that the boys adore and they spend time in the yard playing with them. The neighbors are elderly, but this Christmas, they are spending the holiday with their grown kids in Hawaii. They kennel the dogs when they are away.

Unknown to you, the boys have assured the kind couple that they can take care of the pets while they are away.  The boys want to prove that a dog (or two) will be no problem at all! While you and your significant other were running last minute errands on Christmas Eve, the boys took charge of the dogs and waved goodbye to the neighbors on the way to the airport. They hid the pets in the their room, but Christmas morning... they have their own surprise present!

SIMON - 13, LUKE - 12, JAMES - 9 (With a Christmas morning surprise.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What do you do now?

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
If I lived in the USA, I'd make sure my health insurance was paid up to date and all... Shocked

Pi Beta

Deputy
I hope they have been left a key to the neighbour's property! If so, we'll see very quickly whether my other half's allergy is real or imagined; if it turns out to be imagined, I'll be delighted since I love having dogs (well, most dogs - I'm a bit wary of corgis - they tend to nip ankles) in the house. If her allergy is actual, they will have to keep the dogs at the neighbours' house and go around there morning, noon, afternoon and late evening - and do any cleaning up afterwards of any 'accidents'.

If they haven't been left a key, I'll be getting the tent out of storage and they and the dogs will be spending their time camping in my garden. I'll offer them the chance to have internal heating via their rears each night as they settle into their sleeping bags - probably cocooned with the dogs!

Whichever, key or no key, I also feel that a fairly heavy spanking is also in order for deception. I wonder, however, why the neighbours didn't have the courtesy to check their stories with me. How may lies did the boys tell in arranging this?

Jack

Admin
I'm keeping the corgis and sending the boys to the kennel.

Seriously, I'm assuming we aren't not getting pets just on the off chance it might bother my SO's asthma. I'm also assuming that we've explained the reasons why we weren't getting pets to the boys.

I can certainly understand them wanting pets, but they have to understand that the families health comes first. And I'm actually very upset that they chose this sneaky way to try to make their point. Assuming these are inside dogs, then they'll stay in the boys' rooms, and the boys can handle all their care. If my SO starts to have any health problems, the dogs are going to the kennel, and the boys are going to have to work off the cost - assuming I don't take it out of their hide.

Later, when I've calmed down, and this has past over, I'll get the boys some pets that should be okay.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Trotzkopf

Kid
A spanking at christmas? No, but I will send the boys with the dogs to a boarding kennel when it is not possible that the dogs could be stay by the neighbours house an the boys take care for the dogs.
The costs for the boarding Kennel, the boys have to pay for it with money for her allowance.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Of course, this might be a fine opportunity to start up a nice Korean restaurant and all...

Delicious Halbi Kagogi and all! YUMMY!!! Very Happy

ivor

Marshall
Looks like we are stuck as there is no way you would be able to get the dogs into a boarding kennel on Christmas Day. Kennels are fully booked well in advance of Christmas.

So we can try and find out if the SO's asthma is indeed real. If it isn't - no problem. If it is then as suggested earlier the dogs are going back to their own abode and the boys can spend as much time with them as they wish. If we don't have a key, then the garage will have to suffice.

As for the boys, they might find that Santa forgot to call. Sad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
There are two kinds of corgi: Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire. I forget what the difference is, if I ever knew. Crying or Very sad

Didn't the Queen used to have corgis? Maybe she still has.

Corgis were bred for working with cattle and they tend to nip people on the ankles.

Anyway, I'm going to whack the boys.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Emlyn Morgan wrote:There are two kinds of corgi: Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire.  I forget what the difference is, if I ever knew. Crying or Very sad

Didn't the Queen used to have corgis?  Maybe she still has.  

Corgis were bred for working with cattle and they tend to nip people on the ankles.

What’s The Difference? Quoting:

"Until 1934, the Kennel Club classed the Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgis as two varieties of one breed. Most fanciers believe that the two breeds evolved separately, the Pembroke from the Spitz family and the Cardigan from the Dachshund family. The theory is plausible, with anatomical evidence to support it, but impossible to verify or disprove. Interbreeding between the two breeds occurred but was not widespread. With recognition of the breeds as totally separate by the Kennel Club, breeders gave up interbreeding and the individual integrity of both breeds were saved.

"The differences between Pembrokes and Cardigans are as notable as are the similarities:

"Similarities: Erect ears; foxy head; long, low body; intelligent; energetic; ability to herd and act as guard dog

"Differences: The Pembroke is an extroversive breed, the Cardigan is friendly but may be reserved with strangers. The Pembroke’s ears are erect, firm, and of medium size, tapering slightly to a rounded point, while the Cardigan’s ears are more rounded at the tips. The Cardigan is slightly larger and more heavily boned than the Pembroke. The Pembroke’s feet generally point straight forward, while the Cardigan has a slightly bowed front with feet that point outward (no more than 30 degrees). One of the obvious differences is the tail. A Pembroke has a natural bob or docked tail and the Cardigan has a full length tail."

Yes, The queen does still breed corgis and will sometimes give one as a (not always welcome, I understand) gift. They certainly have their own views on the purpose humans have ankles.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Its not whether the ashma is real. Its whether dog fur sets it off. It might be a useful excercise but I will allow my wife being ill over christmas and the boys having to suffer my cooking Embarassed be the punishment if she is. . Next time boys, ASK. Any more faites accomplis and spanking will be a done deal

AFinch

Sherrif
Emlyn Morgan wrote:There are two kinds of corgi: Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire.  I forget what the difference is, if I ever knew. Crying or Very sad

Didn't the Queen used to have corgis?  Maybe she still has.  

Anyway, I'm going to whack the boys.  

The most obvious difference is that Pembroke WC's have stubby tails, and Cardigans have longer ones, though there are other personality and physical differences as well. They were bred so short so that when cows kicked, their feet would go over the dogs' heads so they weren't killed. And properly trained corgis don't nip people, even though they are herders. One of my two favorite breeds.

I think the owners should have cleared the arrangements with me as a parent. I basically agree with Jack. We've made a commitment to care for the dogs (or at least the boys have). If my SO can deal with them being around without ill effects, we'll do so--if not, alternative arrangements can be made. While kennels tend to be fully booked, services like rover.com in the US are still available. Costs will come from the boys' allowances (or salary if the neighbors are paying them for care). I'll make sure the boys know that next time they need to ask for permission in advance.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Emlyn Morgan wrote:There are two kinds of corgi: Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire. I forget what the difference is, if I ever knew. Sad

Stevie doesn't know either, but bets that both kinds are delicious and all... Twisted Evil

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Semi-Quoth Doc, "Kennels tend to be reserved/booked/filled well before the holidays" is ever so true!  If you don't have your request in around here before mid November forget about it.

As to handling this disaster, I'm torn between Pi's "deserved" response particularly in light of all the dishonesty/deception and Square's rather practical handling of it.  I suppose we could indeed look at it as a sort of 'trial run'.

I was fortunate; Lyn simply didn't like the idea of having a dog when the kids were young.  She still doesn't 'like' the idea of a dog but she (sort of) tolerates Max.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum