Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 22 January 2015 - One Crazy Night Part 1: A Rough Break

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
You and your significant other have five children together.  

Silas is seven, in second grade; Owen is eight, and in third grade; Lee is eleven, and in sixth grade; Jerry is thirteen, and in seventh, and Anson has just turned fifteen, and is in ninth grade.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As the oldest, you've tried to respect Anson and not treat him the same as his younger brothers, but as someone who was a bit older than them.  While he was in eighth grade, you switched from corporal punishment to grounding and restriction.  Apparently Anson didn't really like being treated as older and more mature.  A few months ago, when Anson complained about getting grounded, when his brothers were still getting spanked, you took him at his word, and you've been spanking him since then.

That almost came up again recently.  Your eldest two received new skateboards for Christmas, and both of them have been spending a lot of time developing their skills.  The problem is that they really haven't wanted to wear their protective equipment.  After both of them went a couple of days without their boards, and Jerry lost his a second time, you promised a sore butt to the next boy you caught riding his board without the proper equipment.

Yesterday, you received an urgent call from your SO.  Anson had hurt his arm, and they were on the way to the emergency room.  You were in the middle of something at work, so your SO called a family friend, who took care of the younger kids, and picked Jerry up from basketball practice.  You closed things up as fast as you could, and went to pick up the kids.

When they got home, you found out that Anson's break had happened because he fell, and his arm was caught beneath him, at a bad angle; protective equipment wouldn't have helped.  When you're looking at the cast, you notice the fresh scrapes on his elbow, where protective equipment should have helped.  With only a couple of questions, Anson admits his equipment is still neatly put away in his bedroom, because he hadn't been using it.

You hate to break a promise, but you've never spanked a boy with a broken limb before.  On the other hand, he's alredy been told to stay off the board at least a couple of weeks.  Which will you do this time?

Last edited by Jack on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pi Beta

Deputy
No I won't spank - but he'll lose his board for a few days beginning AFTER he's had the plaster off.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
No way I'd spank a child with a broken arm and all...

Punishment can wait for a few weeks.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Natural consequences are the best teacher here but, after he heals and skates again, God help his rear if I find him without protection.

squarecutter

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:Natural consequences are the best teacher here but, after he heals and skates again, God help his rear if I find him without protection.
I agree and the same goes for any of the others should they skateboard without the protective gear

db105

Trailboss
No corporal punishment after he just broke his arm. I'll just have a talk with him, reminding them that some injuries (not the broken arm) can be prevented by taking basic precautions, and that he would have been spanked if he hadn't got hurt.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Katz

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:Ditto Katz
Ditto the ditto all the ditto day.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
I join the club.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Ditto Katz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with everyone else.

Kat

Stone Man

Marshall
Kat wrote:I agree with everyone else.

Kat

Yeah... I guess. A lesson may have been learned, but that "punishment" was not what was promised. I won't spank him today, but after the cast is off and he is healed enough to go back to skateboarding and he's lost the board for a couple more days in addition, I plan on having a private talk with him, he with pants down, about why I have rules for skateboard use (even though protection would not have prevented his break). He'll get serious swats, but not a full on spanking.

AFinch

Sherrif
Stone Man wrote:
Kat wrote:I agree with everyone else.

Kat

Yeah... I guess. A lesson may have been learned, but that "punishment" was not what was promised. I won't spank him today, but after the cast is off and he is healed enough to go back to skateboarding and he's lost the board for a couple more days in addition, I plan on having a private talk with him, he with pants down, about why I have rules for skateboard use (even though protection would not have prevented his break). He'll get serious swats, but not a full on spanking.

So, in addition to having a broken arm, you're going to make him wait 6 weeks for serious swats, if not a full on spanking? Really?

Jack

Admin
This is based on a RL situation that happened a couple of days ago, which I described in The Loomis Family thread. I altered the names, because this pic worked pretty well, and I couldn't find one for 2 older boys, 1 girl, and 2 identical twin youngest boys.

In RL, Ike (and probably Sarah, though she says it was mostly his decision) agreed with most of you. The doctor told him to stay off anything like bikes or boards for a couple of weeks. That's hard enough for a boy like Ash. On top of that, he was already medicated by the time he and Mom arrived home, so he was sleepy and probably not thinking straight.

That was Tuesday night, and he was pretty much sent to clean up and get ready for bed, and he was allowed to stay home from school Wednesday. From what I understand, he had a strip of hide ripped off (figuratively) Wednesday evening, when Dad got home and they had a talk about safety equipment.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum