a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2/18/15 "Life-guarding Challenge?" A mahoover Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Life-guarding Challenge?
A mahoover Production

Your name is Chad and you are a 21 year old college student.  You are attending the local community collage getting the basic courses out of the way before you plan to transfer to the state land grant university about an hour away from home.  You are also living at home to save money for when you move to college.  Your parents aren't charging you rent, but they do ask you to help out around the house.

CHAD-21
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your younger brother Mark (16) has a wild streak, and at the beginning of the summer when your parents went on a week long trip, they left you in charge.  One of the things your dad made clear to Mark was that you were "in loco parent" and had spanking permission.  Mark acted out at the start, and after giving him a couple of chances, you put him over your knee and wore him out just like your dad used to do to you.  He was upset about it, but realized that you had been fair and he deserved what he got.

MARK-16
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is now the end of the summer, and you are one of the last life-guards still around at the neighborhood pool.  It is a Friday afternoon, and the pool is not very busy.  Mark has come down to the pool, and has been being a pain.  He has been being too rough with the littles, and running around the deck.  You have already made him sit out in a deck chair, and after you released him, you thought he went out to the parking lot to play basketball.  When you are checking the chemicals in the baby pool, you look up, and see him on the roof of the club house.   You yell at him to get down, and he climbs down and starts begging for you to let him off.  In the past, others have been banned from the pool for a week for getting on the roof.  There is a end of season party at the pool tomorrow, and he really wants to go to it.  He asks if you can just give him a whooping instead of banning him for a week.

Do you follow the pool policy and ban Mark for a week, or do you give him a whooping?

Alternate scenario, what if the pool policy is to send a note home to the kids parents and they are banned for either a week or until the parent came down to the pool and confirmed they had been punished?

John Boy

Sherrif
I can't show favorites. If that is the consequence it needs to happen.

With the alternative scenario I'm sure I could tan him good enough that he can go to the party.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Jack

Admin
I think Mark needs to understand that there is a difference between me-brother and me-life guard, and that I'm restrained by the rules of where we are. If I have no leeway in banning someone for a week for the 'on the roof' thing (which seems ridiculous to me), then that's what I'm going to have to do. If I do have leeway, then I have no trouble wearing him out instead.

squarecutter

Sherrif
The first scenario gives me no wiggle room as I am sure that I was not the only person to see him I cannot be seen to be making exceptions Mark is banned. He can be grateful he doesn't get a whooping as well. 

Under the alternative I can explain to the chief lifeguard that I am in loco parentis, and on the understanding that Mark is not banned whoop his hide in front of the Chief. I think Mark will take this over the alternative of being banned and our parents getting to hear about it

Stone Man

Marshall
I hate not having any leeway. If these are the consequences set forth, than I have no choice but to ban Mark from the pool and party.

With the second scenario there is not question but what I will be wearing out Mark (privately) with threats of being sent home from the party if any misbehavior is exhibited on that day. I should have no trouble certifying that I'm the acting parent of Mark, as I must have paperwork allowing me to make medical decisions should they have become necessary.

Fenz

Cowboy
"I" look great Very Happy

ivor

Marshall
Can't argue with Stoney.

(It would only get me a strop session if I did Smile )

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

David M. Katz

Marshall
Stone Man wrote:I hate not having any leeway. If these are the consequences set forth, than I have no choice but to ban Mark from the pool and party.

With the second scenario there is not question but what I will be wearing out Mark (privately) with threats of being sent home from the party if any misbehavior is exhibited on that day. I should have no trouble certifying that I'm the acting parent of Mark, as I must have paperwork allowing me to make medical decisions should they have become necessary.

Gonna do the ditto thing.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
...............In the past, others have been banned from the pool for a week for getting on the roof................

It appears to be 'policy' rather than an inflexible rule and I'm going to assume I've got some discretion.

In both scenarios I'll wear him out ..........and (since he's being such a deliberate pain) enjoy doing it.

If I'm subsequently overruled that's his problem.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

mahoover

Cowboy
First, at our local neighborhood pool, we did have a problem with kids climbing a tree and getting on the roof of the pool house. A kid did slip and fall off the roof. Luckily he wasn't seriously hurt. So the life guards do know to stomp down on kids getting up on the roof.

Second, by the end of the season, after collage has started back up, our pool has usually ended up with two guards that are either going to the local community collage or still in high school. Chad would probably BE the head life guard Smile

The main thing I was thinking about in this is the difference between how I would react now and how I would have reacted at 21. Now I would be saying ditto, and that Mark is going to miss the party. At 21 I would have been much more likely to bend the rules and take care of things personally. Jack's comment about Mark learning the difference between brother-me and life-guard-me is to point, but I would have still been learning that myself Smile

So for my answer to the scenario, I would have spanked in both cases, even if it isn't the best solution in the first scenario.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Fenz wrote:"I" look great Very Happy

Yes "I" do! Laughing

Stone Man

Marshall
ivor wrote:Can't argue with Stoney.

(It would only get me a strop session if I did Smile )

Highly likely! Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum