Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Jack

Admin
A couple of months ago, you were given an old dirt bike that needed a lot of work. You and your oldest son have spent your spare time since then getting it back and shape. Now you have it looking decent, running well, and it's ready for the boys to take their first rides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You're reviewing riding safety with the boys, when your spouse tells you that you have an important phone call, that involves a large commissioned sale you've been working on. You excuse yourself to the the boys, and tell them to go on out, and mess around until you get back.

Ethan - 12 and Aidan - 10 are normally good friends.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you come back, the bike is no longer in the garage. You go outside, to find the two boys standing by it, and Ethan is showing Aidan how to start it, and what the different parts do.

You would swear you told the boys not to mess with the bike before you went in, but Ethan swears you just said to leave the garage, and he's pushed the bike around a lot, while the two of you were working on it.

Are the boys still going to get their first ride today? Will they still feel like sitting down to ride?

2 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:17 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
If they were just pushing it, I think it's no harm, no foul. "You could swear you told them" isn't the same thing, to me at least, as you are absolutely certain you did. No spankings.

3 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:47 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:If they were just pushing it, I think it's no harm, no foul.  "You could swear you told them" isn't the same thing, to me at least, as you are absolutely certain you did.  No spankings.

What he said.

4 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:47 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
AFinch wrote:If they were just pushing it, I think it's no harm, no foul.  "You could swear you told them" isn't the same thing, to me at least, as you are absolutely certain you did.  No spankings.

What he said.
What he said he said

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Fenz

Cowboy
Ethan is showing Aidan how to start it, and what the different parts do.

He could have done that with the bike in the garage.

The way it was headed, it looks to me as if they were intending to try it, even if I wasn't present. So....

Disobedience, concerning safety... I guess a spanking, but not a harsh one, so they'd still be able to ride after.

6 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Two excited boys raring to go? ............. I'll follow the doc.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

7 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:11 am

ivor

Marshall
"tell them to go on out, and mess around until you get back."

If that's what you said I reckon it is open to all sorts of interpretations. It could easily be read as 'go out and mess with the bike'

Provided nobody has ridden on it then I don't see this as a problem worthy of any action other than a more clear explanation of what you intended.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:45 am

Padraig

Trailboss
No harm done. I'm with Doc.

9 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club for me.

Kat

10 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:08 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Ewwww!!! it's PINK! affraid

I don't want to ride it anyway...

Stevie.

11 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 am

Stone Man

Marshall
I can't see that the boys did anything wrong. Time to continue with my talk/explanations and get the boys riding.

12 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
"You excuse yourself to the the boys, and tell them to go on out, and mess around until you get back."

The boys did so, no problem. What did I expect them to do?!

Iconoclast

13 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Jack

Admin
Actually, if I tell someone to go on out of the garage until I get back, I think I at least implied that they shouldn't be messing with the bike until I get back - otherwise, I would have left them in the garage. On the other hand, since I didn't specifically say that, I guess this one should be written off to kid think and me needing to be more specific.

BTW - this is the spanking that Aidan and Ethan Guthrey received (last month now), except he had very specifically told them to leave it alone until he got back. Knowing David and the boys, that was probably one of several incidents during the day that led up to them getting hot seats.

14 Re: 2 March 2015 - Sitting or Standing on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:42 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
ivor wrote:"tell them to go on out, and mess around until you get back."

If that's what you said I reckon it is open to all sorts of interpretations. It could easily be read as 'go out and mess with the bike'

Provided nobody has ridden on it then I don't see this as a problem worthy of any action other than a more clear explanation of what you intended.

My feeling too. Far too many questions

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum