a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/5/15 "Landon's Laundry" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
LANDON'S LAUNDRY
A DMK Production

You have two sons.  Landon just turned thirteen last week and is subject to spanking.  Liam is six and you have only been using formal spanking with him for a few months.

Both boys have age appropriate chores.  One of Landon's chores is that he is to keep his own laundry maintained.  You do this more as a way to teach a life skill to Landon.  When Liam is old enough he will be doing his own laundry too. Landon got a new bike for his birthday this past week and has been paying more attention to his bike than to his chores.  Especially bad is his laundry.  You told Landon last night that his laundry was to be done first thing today with no exception. Landon had made plans to ride bikes with his neighborhood friends today.

Landon approaches Liam with a deal.  Landon offers Liam five dollars (and pays in advance) if Liam will do his laundry.  Liam watches you and "helps" when you do laundry and so he thinks he can do it and accepts Landon's deal. Landon heads on off to ride his bike and Liam gets busy on the laundry.  You are off in your home office catching up on some work and do not notice what is going on.

Landon - Just Turned 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Liam - 6
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Picture Courtesy of Fenz)
All goes basically well except Liam puts way too much detergent in the load and the washing machine overflows.  A panicked and excited Liam comes to you for help.  Liam explains that Landon "hired" him to do his laundry. You try to reach Landon but he isn't answering his phone (which he just got for his birthday as well. Landon is not used to having the phone and left it in his room.)  You and Liam work together and get the mess cleaned up.  Landon comes in from bike riding a couple of hours later.

What happens?  Is Landon in trouble?  What about Liam?  Is he in trouble?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Landon most certainly shouldn't have hired Liam to do his laundry. He should have foreseen disaster. Furthermore, I assume he understands my rationale for having him do his laundry. Hiring someone rather defeats the purpose. I think perhaps justice will be best served by taking this prized bicycle away for a couple of days to make a point. He will certainly be responsible for cleaning up the mess under my supervision. I won't punish Liam unless he's been told not to use the washing machine; if he hasn't been told, I'll rectify that oversight immediately.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Landon was given very specific instructions about doing something he was supposed to already have done and didn't. He chose not to follow those instructions. I'm very hesitant to take his bike, since he probably gets good exercise for it, so instead, he'll just feel like riding standing up after I get through with him.

To be honest, if he'd already had plans with friends, I might have been willing to be more flexible with my demands. On the other hand, he knows he's supposed to take care of this, and he hadn't, so it might be a time when he needs to learn to plan ahead.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Liam is not in trouble (though he is presenting a very attractive target!).

Landon "thought" he'd got everything sorted out - and, indeed, if Liam hadn't put in the extra detergent, he might have got away with his ploy of paying Liam to do this for him. Did I say "Get that laundry done", in which case he could argue that was what he had arranged or did I tell him specifically that HE was to do it? Whichever, it's backfired on him.

I'm tempted to go along with Kat and lock up his bike for a couple of days, coupling that with him doing Liam's chores for those two days also. Meanwhile, since Liam thinks that he is capable of doing the laundry, I'll show him how much powder to put in next time and he can start doing his own laundry from now on - oh, and he keeps Landon's money, even though he didn't actually complete the job.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Landon did nothing wrong, he had an extra fiver and so he paid Liam to do his laundry.

Unfortunately for Liam he did not actually know what to do, and had to seek my help. OK, I will give him some pointers and a little help but I want half his pay for my trouble! I will make sure Liam can run the washer by himself for next time.

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat and Pi.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Pi Beta wrote:Liam is not in trouble (though he is presenting a very attractive target!).

Landon "thought" he'd got everything sorted out - and, indeed, if Liam hadn't put in the extra detergent, he might have got away with his ploy of paying Liam to do this for him. Did I say "Get that laundry done", in which case he could argue that was what he had arranged or did I tell him specifically that HE was to do it? Whichever, it's backfired on him.

I'm tempted to go along with Kat and lock up his bike for a couple of days, coupling that with him doing Liam's chores for those two days also. Meanwhile, since Liam thinks that he is capable of doing the laundry, I'll show him how much powder to put in next time and he can start doing his own laundry from now on - oh, and he keeps Landon's money, even though he didn't actually complete the job.
Pi the trouble with the rather attractive target Liam is presenting is that you'd need to be a left handed spanker Exclamation I think impounding the bike may be the move. You might say Landon breached the spirit of the rules though I will try to ensure that if something is planned for the day Landon knows I can be flexible. I am guessing Liam is still at the age that it is fun to do something, even laundry that he sees Daddy doing. We will have a lesson on the right amount of detergentand Liam will NOT be doing anyones laundry unsupervised till I am clear he knows how to. He will not be tackling Landons again or else

John Boy

Sherrif
Landon is Katz roasted course meal. Liam learned a little lesson from that including having to clean it up. He also keeps the five even if Landon now has to redo the soapy laundry.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
A lot depends on the wording and understanding of the chores assigned to Landon. I would assume that Landon was to do his own laundry, but that is not stated as fact. If Landon was to do his own he'll be doing clean up and the rest of his chore with a sore bottom. I think loosing the use of his bike for a day will be an even worse consequence.

Liam gets a stingoor just because I have to. This is not a punishment swat but rather a "hello, I love you" swat that stings like heck but makes you smile because you know your Daddy loves you and is watching out for you rather than making one cry.

ivor

Marshall
I agree with Kat. I think in this instance being deprived of his bike for a few days will send a much stronger message than (another) spanking.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Iconoclast wrote:Landon did nothing wrong, he had an extra fiver and so he paid Liam to do his laundry.

Unfortunately for Liam he did not actually know what to do, and had to seek my help.  OK, I will give him some pointers and a little help but I want half his pay for my trouble!  I will make sure Liam can run the washer by himself for next time.

Iconoclast

A neat response.  

Now we'll have a talk about the commercial world.  Landon neglected to ensure his sub-contractor was qualified to undertake the task.  Liam had taken on a task beyond his expertise and had to engage extra labour.  The laundry is still incomplete and both have lost out financially.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum