Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 March 2015: Duty Daddy - A Jack/RL Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Because of your situation as owner of your own business, and the ability to do a lot of your work at home, you've become unofficial uncle/fill-in father to several families, whose children are close to yours. One of those families is the Tidwells.

Mrs. Tidwell is very pregnant right now. She's had a rather difficult pregnancy, and she had a miscarriage with the previous child, so she's trying to take things as easy as possible. Mr. Tidwell is a District Manager with his company, and his position requires him to travel occasionally. Because the baby is due about 2 April, he's traveling now, taking care of all his normal duties, so he'll be able to be home for the babies birth and spend a few days home afterwards.

That explains why you received a call letting you know that 12-year old, sixth grader, Evan Tidwell is in the office, and your attendance is requested.

EVAN

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like some of your own sons, Evan attends a private school, which tends to be pretty strict. One of the things they do is use their status to avoid applying a very few, extremely hard swats, and try to reach a balance that will get a boys attention, without leaving him bruised and battered. Another thing they do is involve the parents (or unofficial uncles).

When you get to the school, the principal explains to you that Evan and one of his friends had been acting up in class. They'd been sent to the hall, where they continued to act up. Their teacher took them to a work room for privacy, and was preparing to give each boy two swats, before allowing them to return to class. When told to empty their pockets, Evan suddenly became nervous. Eventually he did empty his pockets, revealing a lighter he was carrying.

The other boy was paddled. Evan was referred to the office. Now here you are.

While there are legitimate reasons to carry a lighter beyond smoking, none of them really apply to a school boy. The general view is that lighters and school boys don't mix, and the rules actually specifically forbid them. The principal is suggesting three swats, bare bottomed, for the lighter, and another two for the original misbehavior. You've seen the principal paddle before, and you know he'll be age appropriate, so you agree. The trouble comes when you announce your decision.

Mr. Tidwell will give follow up spankings at home, or apply them before the paddle is applied, if he's called to school - but only for things that he feels are worthy of spanking beyond the school issue, not for simple 'procedural' problems (disobedience - yes, tardy - no). Evan feels like his dad would consider this a spanking situation, so he wants you to spank him, so he can 'get it over with', rather than having to wait for his father to get home the day after tomorrow. As long as he wasn't starting fires or smoking, you don't consider just carrying the lighter to be a major transgression, and feel that five swats bare will be more than enough.

Evan is unhappy about the swats, but he's even more unhappy that you won't spank him, because he's sure his dad will.

Will you go ahead and spank, to keep him from having to wait, or do you think enough is enough?

AFinch

Sherrif
I will explain that i think five bare is completely sufficient for both problems. If he likes, I'll call his dad and let him know that's my decision. If his dad, after speaking with me, still feels he needs more, I'll spank Evan at school rather than making him wait 48 hours for additional punishment. I hope (yeah right) that won't be the case, and that his dad will agree with me that the issue has been completely handled at school. I'll witness them. Case closed.

kalico

Sherrif
I think I would be in agreement with uncle jack unless there is a way I could call dad or mom and see what they Think...

I could probably see dad wanting to find out why his son had the lighter.

Hugs kal

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Kier

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I see nothing wrong with possessing a lighter or even cigarettes, it is SMOKING, which is to say nicotine in the blood, which I forbid! Therefore I will do nothing until I give Even a drug test for nicotine. If he passes it there will be no punishment but pass or fail, I will drug test Evan at intervals for several months.

Iconoclast

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will remind Evan that his dad trusts me enough to stand in for him and so he will trust me when I report that Evan has been sufficiently punished. I will clarify with Mr. Tidwell that the issue has been closed. There will be no further spanking for Evan beyond what happened at school.

LLALVA

Trailboss
I like David's answer.

I love you

Leti

ivor

Marshall
I'm siding with Katz, although I'd really like to know why Evan had the lighter.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

squarecutter

Sherrif
Im with Kier on this and the school have this right. I agree with Uncle Jack that no more is required. I do wonder whether to get Mrs T's input. even in her current state as to whethther she would want Mr T/ Uncle Jack to take further action unless the family is so patriarchal that Mr Tidwell always makes the calls on these matters. What matters most is that Evan does not end up waiting 48 hours for another spanking

Kai

Deputy
Like Leti I like Davids answer.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Actually, there is some little danger involved in carrying butane filled lighters around, not to mention the fact that there is no good reason for a kid to have one upon his person...

It occurs to me that, if the boy is not smoking, then my guess is that he was intending to commit random acts of vandalism...

This is, to me, a fairly serious offense... not to mention that I have seen what happens to a child's leg when a lighter explodes...

I'll let his father deal with him when he comes home... the delicious anticipation is just part of the punishment, and I'll tell the naughty little lad exactly that.

The only thing he could do to mitigate the circumstances would be to come clean and give me a plausible explanation about exactly WHY he felt it necessary to be carrying a lighter around in his pocket.

Stevie..

We must be circumspect, you know...

But I was already done... when I was a BABY!

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Kier.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Kier pretty much hit the nail on the head.

A lot of Evan's worry was that Perry (his big brother) had been sent to the office 'for disrespect' a few years ago, and he'd been in deep trouble. Evan was more worried that disrupting class was disrespectful, and he'd then been sent to the office. He calmed down a bit, after we (the principal and I) both assured him that, while cutting up in class wasn't respectful, it wasn't what was meant by disrespectful either.

The lighter wasn't new, so we pretty much believed him when he said he found it and just stuck it in his pocket. I remember, when I was in school, doing that trick where you caught some butane in your cupped hand, then lit it and let it go, so we had a quick talk about fire safety, and how easy it is for something to catch fire and spread (who said, "I can't light my habachi with gasoline and a flame thrower, but one spark will burn down half of Southern California"?).

Also, while he did have two separate offenses, I felt that he was already getting upgraded, since the first two, which had been planned on his pants, were now added to three for the lighter. However, I was willing to reassure him, so I borrowed a leather paddle from the principal, and I gave him three bare for acting up in class and multiple violations, then the principal applied three more with the paddle.

Evan is only 12 (right after Thanksgiving), but he's a good size kid, and already has some fuzz. He was sobbing a bit and damp faced, but it wasn't too harsh for him, and he was glad to be sure it was all over.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:Kier pretty much hit the nail on the head.

A lot of Evan's worry was that Perry (his big brother) had been sent to the office 'for disrespect' a few years ago, and he'd been in deep trouble.  Evan was more worried that disrupting class was disrespectful, and he'd then been sent to the office.  He calmed down a bit, after we (the principal and I) both assured him that, while cutting up in class wasn't respectful, it wasn't what was meant by disrespectful either.  

The lighter wasn't new, so we pretty much believed him when he said he found it and just stuck it in his pocket.  I remember, when I was in school, doing that trick where you caught some butane in your cupped hand, then lit it and let it go, so we had a quick talk about fire safety, and how easy it is for something to catch fire and spread (who said, "I can't light my habachi with gasoline and a flame thrower, but one spark will burn down half of Southern California"?).

Also, while he did have two separate offenses, I felt that he was already getting upgraded, since the first two, which had been planned on his pants, were now added to three for the lighter.  However, I was willing to reassure him, so I borrowed a leather paddle from the principal, and I gave him three bare for acting up in class and multiple violations, then the principal applied three more with the paddle.  

Evan is only 12 (right after Thanksgiving), but he's a good size kid, and already has some fuzz.  He was sobbing a bit and damp faced, but it wasn't too harsh for him, and he was glad to be sure it was all over.

So does that mean the Tidwell parents won't get to hear about it or that your sure they will accept yours and the Principals interpretation and view of the seriousness of the case

Stone Man

Marshall
I'm with Kier and Katz. Whether I call Evan's Dad or go with the assumption that he and I know each other well enough to have my decision stand, Evan gets no more than what the principal says.

I'm sure Evan's Dad will follow up on from where the lighter came.

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:
Jack wrote:...he was glad to be sure it was all over.

So does that mean the Tidwell parents won't get to hear about it or that your sure they will accept yours and the Principals interpretation and view of the seriousness of the case

It means he was mostly worried about the disrespect thing, which wasn't really an issue, and that he had faced a stiffer punishment for two separate infractions, so I felt able to inform his dad that everything had been dealt with. His dad did agree with me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum