Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/17/15 "Leons Neue Kleider" Herstellung Trotzkopf (Leon's New Cothes - A Trotzkopf Production)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Leons Neue Kleider
Herstellung Trotzkopf

Herr Müller war lange Zeit Chefredakteur einer Zeitung, doch dann ging der Verlag pleite und Herr Müller war 2 Jahre arbeitslos. Da er in seinem erlernten Beruf keinen neuen Job bekommen hat, arbeitet er jetzt als Taxifahrer. Für die Familie bedeutet das, dass sie sich finanziell einschränken müssen. Teure Markenklamotten können sie sich nicht mehr leisten. Herr Müller hat das auch seinem 13-jährigen Sohn Leon erklärt. Leons Sachen sind nun nicht mehr von Nike oder Adidas, aber immer ordentlich und sauber.

Leon - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Heute bekommt Herr Müller einen Anruf vom Lehrer seines Sohnes, er möchte doch bitte zu einem Gespräch in die Schule kommen. In der Schule erzählt ihm der Lehrer folgendes: "Ihr Sohn Leon scheint überhaupt kein Selbstvertrauen mehr zu haben. In der Klasse ist Leon immer mehr zum Einzelgänger geworden. Leons schriftliche Arbeiten sind sehr gut, doch Leon beteiligt sich überhaupt nicht mehr am Unterricht. Heute sollte Leon einen Vortrag über die Wirtschaft Australiens halten. Als ich Leon aufrief nach vorn zu kommen und seinen Vortrag zu halten, sagte Leon mir, er hätte den Vortrag nicht ausgearbeitet, obwohl er eine Woche Zeit dazu hatte. Ich musste Leon dann leider eine 6 eintragen. Nach dem Unterricht wollte ich mit Leon sprechen, doch er ist einfach abgehauen. Leon hatte es dabei so eilig, das er seine Schultasche stehen gelassen hatte. Ich schaue in seine Schultasche nach und finde den Vortrag. Eine hervorragende Arbeit, Leon muss viel Zeit investiert haben um das alles so zu erarbeiten. Hätte er den Vortrag gehalten, dann hätte er eine glatte 1 bekommen."

Herr Müller bedankt sich für die Information und will zu Hause von Leon wissen, warum er sich lieber eine 6 geben lässt anstatt den Vortrag zu halten.

"In den Lumpen die ich tragen muss trete ich nicht vor die Klasse, die lachen mich so schon immer aus und keiner will mehr mit mir etwas zu tun haben."

In English:

Leon's New Clothes
A Trotzkopf Production

Mr. Miller was a long time editor of a newspaper but then the publisher went bankrupt and Mr. Miller was out of work for two years. Since he did not get a new job in his former  profession he now works as a taxi driver. This has caused many financial restrictions for Mr. Miller's family. Expensive designer clothes are no longer affordable. Mr. Miller explained this to his 13-year-old son Leon. Leon's clothing is no longer from Nike or Adidas but is always neat and clean.

Leon - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, Mr. Miller gets a call from his son's teacher asking him to come to school for a conference. At school, Leon's teacher said the following, "Your son Leon seems to have no self-confidence in class and Leon has increasingly become a loner.  Leon's written work is very good but Leon no longer participates in class.  Today, Leon was to give an oral report on the economy of Australia. When I called Leon to come forward and to give his report, Leon told me he was not prepared to do the assignment even though he had a week to do so. Unfortunately I had to give Leon a six. After class, I wanted to talk to Leon, but he just took off. Leon left in such a hurry that he left his school bag behind. I looked in his school bag and saw that he had indeed prepared for the report and that it was excellent work. I could tell Leon had invested much time in the assignment.  If he had of just done the oral report then he would have easily gotten a smooth one."

Mr. Miller is grateful for the information. When he gets home he asks Leon why he would settle for the six instead of giving the oral report and getting the better grade.

Leon answers, "I am embarrassed to step in front of the class in these rags you make me wear.  I am afraid everyone will laugh at me and that no one will want to have anything to do with me."

How should Mr. Miller deal with this issue?

David M. Katz

Marshall
I really have no good advice. I understand Leon's feelings but Mr. Miller is just not in a place to affect change right now. I know he has tried to make Leon understand that.

I think any punishment would be counter productive. The father/son relationship is already strained.

My only advice would be to enlist the help of the teacher and maybe identify two or three of Leon's friends and let his peers tell him that they do not think badly of him nor will they not want to have anything to do with him.

Sometimes designer label stuff is available at thrift stories and we should go check that out.

This just plain sucks all around but life is not fair.

Jkher

Trailboss
I think I would have to explain that clothes do not make the man, but his education will increase his worth beyond measure. I will speak to the teacher and see what can be done, he should not be penalized for fearing being bullied.

I don't see how any punishment would be of any help. I have to understand that he needs time to adjust to our new circumstances.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Jkher

Stone Man

Marshall
Two good answers on which I can't improve.

ivor

Marshall
Based on the picture those aren't rags. Perhaps I should find some real rags and give them to Leon to wear to school tomorrow? Twisted Evil

I can understand his problem as 'having the right clothes' has become of major importance in the affluent years. What a pity the school does not stipulate a school uniform as then everyone would look the same on the outside.

Other than suggesting Leon might try to find himself a paying job at weekends or as a paperboy, I'm not sure what solution there is.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
That ungrateful brat of a son just earned himself the spanking of his young life.
And while he is suffering over my knee my wife will be sewing him some new clothes from real cleaning rags. Those he may wear for the next weeks. Then after another talk maybe he will understand the value of the clothing he resented and may wish it back.
And for the record he WILL present his prepared report in front of the class (clothed in his newly sewn clothing) or there WILL be more severe consequences until he produces the results he is capable of.

Trotzkopf

Kid
Since a long time we have in Germany a discussion about the introduction of school uniforms, but I thing we'll never get school uniforms in Germany. There are the interest of the clothing companies and our history with the "Hitler Youth".

These mobbing in schools, when parents have not enough money, that your kids can weare the "right clothes", is a problem we have mostly in areas where the majority has a higher income. People must show the Neighbor, that they have money. When Mr. A has a new car, Mr. B must have a new car too, bigger and dearer as the car from Mr. A and with the designer label stuff for the kids it is the same. When you could not keep up with your Neighbors you are out of society. These behavior learning the kids in early age from her parents.

I agree with David, a thrift shop may help.
Also Leon should make some sport, like judo, boxing or karate. That would be good for his self-confidence.

To get a job for a boy in Leons age is not easy. The rules for child labor are very strict in Germany. May be Leon could disperse advertising folders to get some money, but there are long waiting list for such a job.

Without a punishment I would Leon not get away. To say he must go in rags is not acceptable and I could not tolerate the bad grade he get without neccescity.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Trotzkopf wrote:Since a long time we have in Germany a discussion about the introduction of school uniforms, but I thing we'll never get school uniforms in Germany. There are the interest of the clothing companies and our history with the "Hitler Youth".

These mobbing in schools, when parents have not enough money, that your kids can weare the "right clothes", is a problem we have mostly in areas where the majority has a higher income. People must show the Neighbor, that they have money. When Mr. A has a new car, Mr. B must have a new car too, bigger and dearer as the car from Mr. A and with the designer label stuff for the kids it is the same. When you could not keep up with your Neighbors you are out of society. These behavior learning the kids in early age from her parents.

I agree with David, a thrift shop may help.
Also Leon should make some sport, like judo, boxing or karate. That would be good for his self-confidence.

To get a job for a boy in Leons age is not easy. The rules for child labor are very strict in Germany. May be Leon could disperse advertising folders to get some money, but there are long waiting list for such a job.

Without a punishment I would Leon not get away. To say he must go in rags is not acceptable and I could not tolerate the bad grade he get without neccescity.
By the way TrotzKopf what does a 6 mean in the German marking system. Is it a complete fail? 

I think the lad needs a pep talk. Yes times are hard And Leon may not be wearing what he was used to but really there are people a lot worse off than us and I don't think kids really need designer gear to pass muster in the school playground however class driven the school. I would also like to know whether there is bullying going on and to what extent or whether it is Leon's, in my view, misguided sense of entitlement that is making him clam up. I will hope the teacher would stamp on it in class if there were titters about what Leon was wearing. No punishment this time but Leon  and I know its hard is a member of this family and will have to learn to suck it up this time. And that means doing oral reports if required

Padraig

Trailboss
In Germany school grades vary from 1 (sehr gut/excellent) to 6 (ungenügend / very poor-fail).

It's a tough situation. I don't think a y punishment is going to help. I will have to see the teacher / headmaster.

Trotzkopf

Kid
Yes Squarecutter, a six is very bad.

1 = very good (sehr gut)
2 = good (gut)
3 = satisfactory (befriedigend)
4 = sufficient (ausreichen)
5 = unsatisfactory (mangelhaft)
6 = very poor/fail (ungenügend)

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Mr Miller is a taxi driver in Germany.  Surely he can afford to buy Leon some nice clothes.  Good clothes do give you confidence.

Some of the fake ''designer'' clothes are just as good as the real ones - made in the same factories for tuppence.

I bought a fake Adidas deodorant roller in a souk in Agdz.  It smells nice - coconut aroma.  Cool

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Ee, lad... tha knows where yon door is and all...

'Appens as tha can find a better family than t' likes o' us...

Been nice knowing thee and all...

Don't let t' door wallop thee in t' arse on t' way out...

Stevie.

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Trotzkopf

Kid
Emlyn Morgan wrote:Mr Miller is a taxi driver in Germany.  Surely he can afford to buy Leon some nice clothes.  Good clothes do give you confidence.

Some of the fake ''designer'' clothes are just as good as the real ones - made in the same factories for tuppence.

I bought a fake Adidas deodorant roller in a souk in Agdz.  It smells nice - coconut aroma.  Cool

Hi Emlyn
A taxi driver is in Germany a very low payed job.
Fake designer clothes may look like the original, but if you caught with them from a customs officer it could come for you very expensive.
A good dad should be a guide for his son and not do something against the law.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think Leon probably feels the change in our family's economic situation far more than he would have if we had always had to deal with tight finances. I think he also probably exaggerates the situation to himself. I don't know that I can do much, other than talk to him. Thrift store finds might be part of the solution to give him confidence or perhaps using our limited funds to buy fewer but more costly items; I don't see that punishing him or humiliating him will accomplish anything. Perhaps the school might help by encouraging the students away from expensive designer clothes. One way to do this is to promote wearing used clothing as more environmentally friendly than consuming pricey but cheaply-made disposable garments.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum