Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/22/15 - What's the Word, Hummingbird?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 3/22/15 - What's the Word, Hummingbird? on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Jack

Admin
As a boy, you and your older brother fought a lot. As you grew into adulthood, the two of you made peace and found some common ground. However, like with most brothers, he knew you better than anyone else, and when you fought, he always knew the tenderest spots in which to poke and prod you.

You still feel insecure about some things about which he often teased you.

As a father, with two sons of your own, you know that boys are sometimes going to fight, if for no other reason than the close confines into which they're often forced. Instead of trying to prevent that, you teach them to discuss rather than fight, and to fight fairly when they must. You especially limit certain words that either shouldn't be used at all while fighting, like 'gay', referring to things they can't help, like 'red-headed step-child' or 'zit face', and to areas which are often self-fulfilling prophecy's, like stupid.

Your two sons, Bud - 13, and Stan - 11, have recently been running a scam on you to get screen time beyond your normal allowances (and possibly to web sites outside your parental settings). You pretty much realized what happened, but tried to give the kids a warning that you were on to them, before you caught them red-handed and were forced to act.

They didn't take the warning, and so now, red-handed has been transformed to red-bottomed.

Bud - 13 and Stan - 11 leaving your office, freshly chastised.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As they leave, you hear Bud address his little brother.

"I told you he'd catch us if you kept doing that. This is all your fault, stupid."

Is it all stupid's fault, or is it time to remind someone about other rules?

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
The word is 'spanking' and all...

Bud's bottom is going from red hot to vermilion in short order...

Stevie.

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'm logging it for now, and in the morning - or whenever I think they are sufficiently recovered - I'll discuss it with the pair of them. I don't see this as sufficient to do more than warn Bud that he's sailing too close to the wind again.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I am SO grateful I was the oldest! Razz  Actually there were times I'd let my younger brothers con me into things that I knew with 110% certitude would leave the bunch of us visiting the barn for a short sojourn!!   Have said this to my sibs MANY times but NEVER within parental earshot.  If Mum or Alex had heard me say that, we could probably look forward to an encore presentation of Red Moons Rising! affraid

Fortunately, I am more enlightened as a parent than were mine.  I will probably take Bud aside and quietly remind that (oh Lord, here it comes!) "As the eldest I expect you to have better sense than to allow yourself to be swayed by your younger brothers, and YOU need to set the example."

In R/L I not only heard that particular sermon many times, but as a parent I've given it.  Whether or not Bud requires an encore will hinge entirely on his attitude.

mahoover

Cowboy
I agree with Pi Beta, as long as this isn't a recurring issue all that is needed is a warning. If it is a recurring issue, then Bud can get some more reinforcement.

John Boy

Sherrif
I'll pull him aside and remind him of the rules maybe add an extra swat to his already sore rear.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Stone Man

Marshall
I like Pi Beta's approach.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I shall jump on the Pi Beta bandwagon.

Fenz

Cowboy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Head slap him and tell him he is the stupid one for calling his little brother names within dad's hearing distance.

ivor

Marshall
I shall try hard to stifle a laugh! It would seem that Stan is the main reason why the pair have copped a spanking and if Bud had warned him he was likely to get the pair of them sore bottoms but Stan still went ahead, then 'stupid' applies.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Padraig

Trailboss
In this situation, when it was meant to be only between them, I heard nothing.

Jack

Admin
"Bud, do you want to go back into my office?"

"No, sir."

"Then you need to remember we don't use that word, don't you?"

He's not stupid, so he'll offer his brother an apology. I'm not going to expect it to be very sincere.

While Dmitri does have a good point, I just have to add that some times, the younger brother is simply more intelligent than his older brother. I kind of had in mind that this was the Stan's idea, but he thought because they had gotten away, they'd continue to get away (showing that brains and common sense aren't always linked). On the other hand, Bud could have come up with the idea originally, gotten his little brother to help, and then not been able to control him.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will say to Bud.that if they werent both bang to rights I wouldn't have spanked them both and he should be honest about his responsibilty here.  I understand he is upset so will let the language go but if hear him blaming his brother in that way again he will be back in my study staring at the carpet again

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Dimitri.

Kat

Trotzkopf

Kid
Sometimes it is better to be deaf. So long the boys did not use such words to adults, it is no problem for me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum