a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/24/15 "Dorm Dilemma" A mahoover Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Dorm Delimma
A mahoover Production

It is two am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning, and you just got a call from your oldest son Adam.  Adam is 21 and going to college in a town about a 45 minute drive from home.

Adam - 21
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Adam told you that your youngest son Steve (17) and four of his friends crashed a party at Adam's dorm.  Adam says that he found out about it when one of his friends (who is the dorm RA) took Steve's keys away from him because he had been drinking and it wasn't safe for him to drive.  The RA came to Adam when he found out that Steve was Adam's younger brother, and has agreed to not turn Steve and his friends in to campus police if a responsible adult comes and collects them.

You had given permission for Steve to spend the night at his friend Mike's (17) house, and that is where you thought Steve was.  In the past, Steve had asked permission to spend a different weekend at Adam's dorm for one of the dorm party weekends, but you had said no.

Steve - 17, Mike - 17, Paul - 16, Matt -16, and David - 17
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What are your next steps?  And is Adam in trouble?

AFinch

Sherrif
No, Adam isn't in trouble. He did exactly the right thing. He has been played by his little bro and his friends, and is probably just as unhappy with them as you (I) are.

I'm going to come pick up Steve and take him home if he's merely drunk, and to the hospital if I'm worried about more than that. I'm a bit confused. It seems that the other high schoolers in the photo aren't involved at all, and that Steve has played Mike as well. I'm not sure how the others are involved. If I'm reading this right, none of them has anything to do with this matter.

When Steve sobers up we're going to have a long talk about trust, and how it will be a very long time before I can trust him again. He's going to be on a very short leash. His car keys and freedom are done for the foreseeable future. Depending on his reaction to this conversation, he may end up getting worn out as well. If he realizes how badly he's screwed up, I'll leave it with just his ears burning, as well as the loss of freedom.

Stone Man

Marshall
I would deal with Adam and Steve in the same way(s) as Kier.

It does say that Steve and his four friends all crashed the party, so I would be equally concerned as to the friends conditions if they have been drinking. (IF?) I feel that I need to get in touch with the other parents and make them aware of what has transpired so they can decide for themselves what they must do.

AFinch

Sherrif
I re-reread the scenario again. Stoney is correct. In which case, I'll take all of the boys home, after making sure they're safe to be at home, let the other parents know what's happened, and let them deal with their sons themselves.

That doesn't change my previous post with respect to Adam and Steve.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will agree with Kier who agrees with Stoneman's agreement with him.

Jack

Admin
Step One: Dress

Step Two: Drive

Step Three: Stop for Coke

I'm actually pretty uncomfortable with the idea of a 'dorm party', since most of the people in any given dorm (with which I'm familiar) are going to be below drinking age. If there wasn't supposed to be any drinking (according to Adam), I'm not sure why I wouldn't have allowed Steve to go.

As it is, Steve has lied to me, disobeyed me, and broke the law. He's in a metric shit-ton of trouble.

If this were my RL household, he'd be receiving a severe paddling, a day in seclusion, and losing both his right to drive for a short while, and any chance of spending the night away from home for a long while.

Jack

Admin
And looking at the other answers, I should add...

No, Adam isn't in trouble.

The 'four friends' will be parceled out to be dealt with by their parents --- though, once again, if this were around here (say, the twins, Denny, Eli, and Blake), we might have a mass paddling before distributing boys to parents.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Adam isn't in trouble... what a bloomin' pity!

Stevie would spank him anyway since he has such a gorgeous body...
I'll bet he has a spectacular set of buttocks and all... Twisted Evil

Stevie.

mahoover

Cowboy
Jack pretty much hit the answer I was thinking about. But I would be considering a switch instead of a paddle.

I would be asking Adam some questions however. How did Steve find out there was going to be a party at the dorm? And when did he find out Steve and friends were at the party? That being said, he is still probably safe, since I can see lots of ways Steve could have found out without Adam inviting him.

The responses to the scenario shows the difference between now and when I went to collage in the 80s. When I was in school, even though most of us were underage, there were still big dorm parties about once a semester, with live band in the courtyard and lots of drinking. I can see how schools have clamped down on that sort of party, so I can see this isn't as realistic as it used to be.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Between them Stoney and Keir have this. Adam clearly hadn't invited his younger brother and his pals and certainly isn't covering for them either. If Steve was the driver here he has a lot to answer for

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Kier and Stoney.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum