a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 3/29/15 "The Long Hard Road" A Squarecutter Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
The Long Hard Road
A Squarecutter Production

You had a long drive in the family camper van today to the Beach house for a week's holiday. You started just after 6:00 in the morning and arrived in the late afternoon. Your two sons, Larry -14 and Tony -12, despite having a DVD player and TV and personal I-pods and books have been at each other all day culminating , after several warnings and attempts by the boys to drop each other in it, in a fierce wrestling match.  The wrestling ending in Larry ending the matter by pinning Tommy down and punching him on the chin just as your spouse came back to intervene and as you pulled the van over to the side. You came back, read the boys the riot act and told them they could expect a serious punishment when the journey was over. The boys glowered at each other for the rest of the journey so on arrival you separated them, as you see in the picture, while you unpacked.

Larry - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tony - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tony asked, "You're not going to use the belt on holiday are you? And, anyway Larry punched me . It really hurt"

Well, what have you decided?

David M. Katz

Marshall
We are all tired and grumpy, including me.

No one is getting punished. Let's all give hugs all around, get something to eat, and then get some rest. Tomorrow is a new and better day.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
If the Boys will at least pretend to make up in front of me, I will let just let their fighting pass.

After all they are boys and it is their nature to fight!

Iconoclast

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
The lads are probably badly constipated after their long drive so I'll give them both a nice warm, soapy enema so they'll feel better and be happier...

Stevie Twisted Evil

Jack

Admin
If it wasn't for the punch in the face, I would let it all go, and write it off to me being an idiot, who still can't figure out how to separate two boys in a camper (an RV?).

As it is, Larry's going to have to bow and scrape pretty hard to get out of a good whipping.

Stone Man

Marshall
Iconoclast wrote:If the Boys will at least pretend to make up in front of me, I will let just let their fighting pass.

Iconoclast

That's what I'd be looking for. As it is Larry is going to have to convince me that he shouldn't start the vacation with a very sore backside.

ivor

Marshall
Before reaching a decision I need to know what Tommy said or did that caused Larry to land the punch.

At present though Larry looks more likely to start the holiday with a sore butt than Tommy - or at least a sorer one!

Even if I do decide not to deliver I will remind both that just because we are on holiday does not exempt them from the normal rules of good behaviour and the consequences for not maintaining those.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
As Katz remarked "We are all tired and grumpy, including me."

I'm inclined towards Ivor's reaction - ascertain the full facts and avoid a knee jerk reaction.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
I want to know what passed between them. As they had been at it most of the day.I am inclined to think both deserve at least some hand swats and Larry has a lot of explaining to do as to why he threw a punch

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Ivor

Hugs kal

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Ah yes, camper vans. I always thought those old highly popular VW campers were ridiculous vehicles. They had the engine in the back, greatly reducing the room inside - which is a nutty way to design a camping van. But what do I know?

Anyway, I'm going to whack them - outside the van to get a better swing! Twisted Evil

1strappedboy

Sherrif
You know what? After I'd read the scenario I was perfectly prepared to wallop the snot out of both of them!!  After all, they have more junk than imaginable to keep them occupied, unlike WE did when we were kids.  

Even if we were getting on each other's "very last nerve" during travel, we had the wherewithal to know instinctively not to arouse "dad's" temper too much as that had dire consequences no matter where we were, and we could darn well count on a "booster shot" of his wrath when we got home!!

However after reading the responses, I'm actually kind of inclined to agree with most-If they simply give 'lip service' to have "kissed and made up", I'm prepared to let this slide.  After all, they (and we) ARE on holiday/vacation and I need to liberalize my outlook just a bit.

See, I have overcome the "nurturing" I'd received as a teen!! Shocked

BTW Em. my family HAD a VW Campmobile.  It was actually reasonably comfortable to be in, especially once the top was raised and you accessed the upper bunks.  As a long time Scouter I can tell you it was a heck of a lot more comfy than a tent was-ESPECIALLY  one from the mid 70's!!  "Dad" later got a full sized van which wasn't NEARLY as much 'fun' as we found the VW to be!! Razz   I must thank you for that particular trip down memory lane! cheers

Jack

Admin
1strappedboy wrote:You know what? After I'd read the scenario I was perfectly prepared to wallop the snot out of both of them!!  After all, they have more junk than imaginable to keep them occupied, unlike WE did when we were kids.  

Even if we were getting on each other's "very last nerve" during travel, we had the wherewithal to know instinctively not to arouse "dad's" temper too much as that had dire consequences no matter where we were, and we could darn well count on a "booster shot" of his wrath when we got home!!

I remember in the early 70s, when I was first starting to go camping and fishing with my Grandfather, driving down those long, 'scenic' state highways, there were at least a couple of times when someone had 'made (Dad) pull over', and they were getting their butt whipped right on the side of the road.

squarecutter

Sherrif
1strappedboy wrote:You know what? After I'd read the scenario I was perfectly prepared to wallop the snot out of both of them!!  After all, they have more junk than imaginable to keep them occupied, unlike WE did when we were kids.  

However after reading the responses, I'm actually kind of inclined to agree with most-If they simply give 'lip service' to have "kissed and made up", I'm prepared to let this slide.  After all, they (and we) ARE on holiday/vacation and I need to liberalize my outlook just a bit.

See, I have overcome the "nurturing" I'd received as a teen!! Shocked

BTW Em. my family HAD a VW Campmobile.  It was actually reasonably comfortable to be in, especially once the top was raised and you accessed the upper bunks.  As a long time Scouter I can tell you it was a heck of a lot more comfy than a tent was-ESPECIALLY  one from the mid 70's!!  "Dad" later got a full sized van which wasn't NEARLY as much 'fun' as we found the VW to be!! Razz   I must thank you for that particular trip down memory lane! cheers
Yes that van played into my memories a bit. We had something a bit similar though a lot less modern or comfortable. Trouble is I used to get car? sick in it. The trouble was before the modern people carrier, saloons were cramped for 4 kids and my sister llked to hog enough of the seat for two which always caused friction Mostly though, back in the 70s long drives were just borrrrng and niggling the sibs was something to do. I've always preferred to arrive than to travel.

Pi Beta

Deputy
I can still remember almost every place (mainly field gateways - having yelled out for the car to be stopped) I was sick on our yearly 4 hour journey to holiday in North Wales.

Using in car entertainment would then have been a sure-fire way to make me sick - I had to keep looking straight ahead at the road to anticipate bends if I was to avoid being sick, so I can understand why they mighyt have become extra-grumpy.

As long as it becomes clear they have settled down and made their peace, I'll leave it at that.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Ivor on this one.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum