Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Jack

Admin
Your 12-year old son, Diego, has gone to the local skate park. He has an old-fashioned cell phone, which is all you'll pay for until he gets a bit older. He tends to leave it in his backpack while skating, to keep it from getting damaged.

You get an emergency call from your SO. The car has broken down. A tow truck is on the way, but you have to provide a ride to the rental place.

You call to make sure Diego isn't answering, then you swing by the park to tell him what's going on and give him some money, so he can stop and get a burger.

He's easy enough to find.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Diego, come here," you call, as you come up to the fence.

"Hang on," he replies, getting ready to start on the course.

"I need to talk to you now," you explain, a bit irritated.

"I said I'll be there in a minute," he answers before taking off down the slope.

Is it your turn to take something off?

2 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:27 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I need to understand that he doesn't know what his other parent and I have been through.  I don't think he is meaning to be rude, he is just preoccupied with his trick.

I will take a deep breath and then say/yell this, "It's important; there has been an emergency with your Mom (Dad.)"  That should get his attention.

3 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:46 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
He's about to do a trick on that course dressed like that?

Assuming we haven't had this discussion before (only about a million times here), I'll do as DMK says and take a deep breath and wait. If, however, we've talked about safety previously, once he's down the slope, he's coming with me, first to deal with his mother's emergency, and then to lose his board for the next week.

4 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
AFinch wrote:He's about to do a trick on that course dressed like that?

Diego is in trouble on multiple levels. He has no reason to even think I may need him to come to me immediately. But unless I have been regularly unreasonable with him about coming when I call, I DO expect him to come with haste when ever I do call.

But even if I can take a breath and be understanding about being put off, there is the thing about proper protective gear being worn... particularly when doing tricks.

I have to take care of my wife's needs first. Later and in private, Diego's bottom will have a repetitious meeting with my hand.

5 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:08 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I agree with Kier

6 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 am

ivor

Marshall
It doesn't appear to be that much of an emergency unless the car has broken down in an unsavoury area. Seems more like you're tetchy because you've been forced to stop what you were doing and go and provide a taxi service. So you shouldn't mind waiting for a couple of minutes while Diego finishes his run - but you probably will.

There is no mention in the scenario of Diego having to wear safety gear when skating, so I have to presume you are one of those parents who doesn't worry on that score.

So I don't see a spanking for what he is wearing, but probably one for keeping you waiting.

As an aside: Over here with a lot of breakdown cover if the problem can't be fixed at the roadside you and your car will be towed either to a garage or home. So perhaps you need to consider upgrading your SO's breakdown cover

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:48 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
UNSPOKEN MESSAGE  "Hi Dad.  Just watch this first"

I'm irritated by this unwelcome annoying interruption to my routine but it's hardly an emergency.  Pausing to watch Diego proudly display his prowess for a minute or two might help me lighten up a bit.  --------- Perhaps I should do it more often?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:11 am

Jack

Admin
Protective Gear is NOT part of the scenario.

9 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:44 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
IF he comes immediately he's finished the course/trick, I'll accept that as him wanting to show me his prowess and do no more than give him a playful slap across his backside if he happens to give me an opprtunity.

IF he delays more than that one run/trick, however, I'm going to be seriously annoyed with him and will be telling him that I will be dealing with him when I've finished what I now need to sort out. By the time I get home I'll probably have mellowed and, assuming he is contrite, take it no further than a few choice words. If he's the slightest bit uppity, however, I'll be warming both my hand and his backside.

10 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm joining the general consensus that I need to take a deep breath and not make this into a huge issue. Kids don't like to be interrupted any more than adults do, and unless I'm the sort of authoritarian who demands instant obedience, I can wait a few more seconds.

Kat

11 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 pm

talebearer

Cowboy
Agree w/Pi Beta and Kat. Let him take one spin and then sort it out.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

12 Re: BOTD 4/6/15 - One, Two, Three on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will simply drive away. I am sure Diego will get his phone out and call me.

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum