You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:45 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
GROUND ME!
A John Ross Production

Your son Johnny just turned 13 last week. You had been using spanking as the main form of discipline in your home, however, you discussed with him a couple of months ago that maybe when he became a teenager you would consider another form of discipline. Today, a week after he turned 13, he was full of attitude and when his mother told him he couldn't go to a friend's house until after he had finished mowing the lawn he decides to get on his bike and go anyway. When he returns you ask him why he had so clearly disobeyed and his response is, "You said I wasn't going to be spanked anymore so just go ahead and ground me."

JOHNNY - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is he right? is he grounded or is the old way still the best?

2 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:47 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Drop 'em, Johnny! Twisted Evil

3 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
I will ground him - without access to any electronics, and I won't tell him in advance for how long.

And then I'll wait..... until he comes me showing contrition after which we'll have another discussion about whether the grounding continues or is replaced by a spanking - and what will happen in future.

4 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Jack

Admin
"I made no such promise, and if I had, it wouldn't be an excuse for your disrespectful attitude. Now go get undressed and get the brush."

5 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:35 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I'll ground the boy in his 'special' bedroom and all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"You won't need to come out because there's a convenient bucket and a roll of toilet paper right beside the door..."

Stevie Twisted Evil

6 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:22 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:"I made no such promise, and if I had, it wouldn't be an excuse for your disrespectful attitude.  Now go get undressed and get the brush."
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
Pi Beta wrote:I will ground him - without access to any electronics, and I won't tell him in advance for how long.

And then I'll wait..... until he comes me showing contrition after which we'll have another discussion about whether the grounding continues or is replaced by a spanking - and what will happen in future.

Even though no promise to change was made, I really like doing it this way. I don't think it will take very many days.

8 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:38 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I like Pi Beta's approach.

9 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:45 am

ivor

Marshall
I can't agree with Jack's suggestion as it indicates that even if you had made a promise you would be quite prepared to break it if it suited you.

Pi's proposal on the other hand has the potential to deliver a good lesson.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:11 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:I can't agree with Jack's suggestion as it indicates that even if you had made a promise you would be quite prepared to break it if it suited you.

No, as a matter of fact, I'm very good about keeping my word when it's given.

Even if I had told him I wouldn't spank anymore, how does that justify him being disobedient and rude?

11 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 am

ivor

Marshall
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:I can't agree with Jack's suggestion as it indicates that even if you had made a promise you would be quite prepared to break it if it suited you.

Even if I had told him I wouldn't spank anymore, how does that justify him being disobedient and rude?

I didn't say such a promise would justify him being rude and disrespectful. The point I was trying to make was that if you had made such a promise then I can't see you have justification for breaking it as soon as he transgresses.

12 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Be careful what you wish for Johnny. 1 week confined to  the spare room with the The Charles Dickens collection , the (complete) compendium of encyclopedias and the back copies of Gardening Weekly and Cosmopolitan magazine to read. You may leave for showering, calls of nature and mealtimes. No electronic toys. You may use my computer under supervision if needed for homework research. We'll say how grounding feels then. If you want to reconsider what you said and how you treated your mother may be we can have our discussion about how best to discipline you then

I may relax the regime after a couple of days but for now I want to make point

13 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:26 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:

I didn't say such a promise would justify him being rude and disrespectful. The point  I was trying to make was that if you had made such a promise then I can't see you have justification for breaking it as soon as he transgresses.

If I had made it, I can see that. And before a spanking took place, a lot more discussion would have occurred. It's just saying someone's word is worthless is rather offensive here.

14 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am

ivor

Marshall
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:

I didn't say such a promise would justify him being rude and disrespectful. The point  I was trying to make was that if you had made such a promise then I can't see you have justification for breaking it as soon as he transgresses.

If I had made it, I can see that.  And before a spanking took place, a lot more discussion would have occurred.  It's just saying someone's word is worthless is rather offensive here.

There was no offence intended, but perhaps in order to avoid that possibility it would be better if I restricted my comments to 'ditto' in future.

15 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:07 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think age 12/13 is part of the problem. Probably a lot of parents mighrt stop regarding a kid as a little child and move towards other options from spanking.But many would not want at that stage to give up the "ultimate weapon" at that stage. It all depends where your line  is and for many disrespecting Mum may well be on the wrong side of it. The scenario left an ambiguity and in kid speak his interpetaion of what was said might be different. I certainly dont think what was said here ruled out spanking but Jonny either interpreted it as such or may be even decided to test it out.

So different methods. Jack chooses to spank, For this one for me, the intent is to show Jonny that grounding will not be a softer option than the spanking which is still clearly a deterrent for him. 

Oh and this would be duller if we all dittoed everything

16 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:50 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I can sort of see why Johnny would think that a vague agreement to discuss other punishments is tantamount to a promise to use grounding instead of spanking. All of us, after all, have a tendency to remember things in the most self-serving way. Add to that "kid-think", and it's pretty clear what happened.

I think that I'd have to point out to Johnny that his cavalier attitude towards grounding is not likely to persuade me it's effective. However, I'll give him a restriction to his room without any electronic entertainment for a week, and see if he then is interested in giving a sincere apology for his disobedience after 24 hours. If he can, then I'll end the restriction. If not, he can serve it out.

Kat

17 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:58 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:

If I had made it, I can see that.  And before a spanking took place, a lot more discussion would have occurred.  It's just saying someone's word is worthless is rather offensive here.

There was no offence intended, but perhaps in order to avoid that possibility it would be better if I restricted my comments to 'ditto' in future.

I didn't think offense was intended, and I tried not to take it. I guess I didn't completely succeed. Maybe I should have just been more explicit in my original answer.

On a different subject I don't think I'd ever realized that 'offence' was another trans-Atlantic spelling difference. Or maybe I just forgot.

18 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:30 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Evil or Very Mad  he can have squares grounding to a guest bedroom for his not doing his chores as told and he can have jacks for all the disrespectful additude he has been throwing around.....

As it says we only talked about trying other discipline never said it was off the table.....see how he likes both options

Hugs kal

19 Re: BOTD "Ground Me!" A John Ross Production on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:
Jack wrote:

I didn't think offense was intended, and I tried not to take it.   I guess I didn't completely succeed.  Maybe I should have just been more explicit in my original answer.

On a different subject I don't think I'd ever realized that 'offence' was another trans-Atlantic spelling difference.  Or maybe I just forgot.

An odd one. We have take offence or commit an offence but will talk about going the offensive as in war or sport. (Squarecutter) 

Last edited by squarecutter on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not clear who wrote this. The quote mechanism didnt work as intended)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum