Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Jack

Admin
You have a number of children. The majority of them are from your first marriage, and the youngest of those is in college now. From your second marriage, you have two...

Aidan (10) and Ethan (12)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The two boys are extremely hyper. They're also very small for their age. This last year has been rough on the whole family, because they were having a lot of trouble with public school. They were moved to a private school which has helped a lot. Along with their school work, the reduction in stress has also helped their home behavior (also, they now go to their Uncle Jack's house every day after school, which gives them a ton of boys to play with, and lets them work off some of that excess energy).

Still, they are boys - young, energetic boys - and they do get in trouble. While your wife finds a belt on their pants usually works, you prefer your hand - occasionally on trousers (not jeans), but more often on their boxer briefs or even bare. While you'd used the belt on your older kids, none of them were as hyper as these two, and you just haven't used it yet.

Your spouse's Harley has been running a bit rough lately, so you've spent part of your afternoon checking everything and giving it a tune up. The boys have helped you a bit. They're in the garage with you, when one of their friends comes by. Some of the boys are going to a vacant lot, where they've set up a bike trail to do some BMX stunts. There's plenty of time for them to go before their curfew, but there are violent thunder storms predicted for this evening. When they ask, you check your phone, see when the storms are expected, then tell them they can go for one hour. You confirm that they both have a way of telling time, and they take off.

You're putting the bike back together, when you have to get up and turn on the light. You realize the thunderstorm is rolling in, so you check the time. The boys are either 15 minutes late, or they left their bikes in the yard again.

No bikes in the yard, so you fire up your own Harley and ride down to the lot. Sure enough, both boys are still there. You tell them they need to get home, and tell the other boys that there are reports of hail and high winds with this storm, so they'd better head home as well.

Normally, you don't make a huge deal out of the boys being a bit late, blaming it on their ADHD. You would normally either take the time off something else (like screen time), or simply make the time late as corner time. On the other hand, you were very specific about when they needed to be home today and why.

Is this normal tardiness or disobedience? Will the boys be sitting in time out or not sitting at all?

2 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm

mahoover

Cowboy
This is disobedience, the boys were given specific instructions and it was explained why they needed to follow them. They are going to be spanked, but it isn't going to be an especially hard spanking, hand over boxers.

3 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:05 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
15 minutes isn't a huge amount of time. I did, however, have to go find them. They didn't actually come home on their own at all.

On the other hand, I can see how even someone not so distractible as these boys could lose track of time doing something as fun as a BMX course.

I guess my reaction is going to depend, as usual, on theirs. If they take a tack of "OMG, I'm so sorry", they can lose screen or corner time as usual. If their reaction is annoyance at being interrupted, indicating they knew full well they were supposed to be back and intentionally ignored the curfew, they're getting spanked.

4 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:45 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:15 minutes isn't a huge amount of time.  I did, however, have to go find them.  They didn't actually come home on their own at all.

On the other hand, I can see how even  someone not so distractible  as these boys could lose track of time doing something as fun as a BMX course.

I guess my reaction is going to depend, as usual, on theirs.  If they take a tack of "OMG, I'm so sorry", they can lose screen or corner time as usual.  If their reaction is annoyance at being interrupted, indicating they knew full well they were supposed to be back and intentionally ignored the curfew, they're getting spanked.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:10 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
John Boy wrote:
AFinch wrote:15 minutes isn't a huge amount of time.  I did, however, have to go find them.  They didn't actually come home on their own at all.

On the other hand, I can see how even  someone not so distractible  as these boys could lose track of time doing something as fun as a BMX course.

I guess my reaction is going to depend, as usual, on theirs.  If they take a tack of "OMG, I'm so sorry", they can lose screen or corner time as usual.  If their reaction is annoyance at being interrupted, indicating they knew full well they were supposed to be back and intentionally ignored the curfew, they're getting spanked.
Ditto

Me too

6 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:47 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll go with the doc.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

7 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

ivor

Marshall
I'll take the Doc's prescription.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:51 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
This is disobedience but 15 minutes is not a vast amount of time and in boy think they it might seem reasonable. Still I told told them and it was for their safety so I think a short sharp handspanking over my knee will suffice after I let me see them start taking off my belt. I don't think a belt is necessary here though if they do that on their moms watch she might not see it the same way

9 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Stone Man

Marshall
If I realize that the storm is rolling in because I hear thunder (which the boys could also hear) than I will be much less forgiving of their being late for the curfew. My actions will also hinge on their reactions to my showing up and telling them that they are late.

I see a spanking in their near future, but the severity has yet to be determined.

10 Re: BOTD 26 April 2015 - Curfew or Cur-more? on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:16 am

Jack

Admin
Square hit it almost exactly, and Stoney was pretty close.

Their dad tells me that he could tell that they were shocked when he arrived, which showed that it probably wasn't deliberate (if there's one thing those two aren't, it's disingenuous). However, the fact that they totally forgot everything he said in only about an hour is a recurring problem for them, and he wasn't willing to accept it as an excuse, because he feels like they have to work in the problem.

He didn't bother taking his belt off, but both of them had to bare their bottoms, so dad could see if he could stimulate the memory cells by shaking something lose from the other side.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum