Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

27 April 2015: Paying For It - a Jack R/L Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Your 15-year old son, Seth, has taken up guitar in the last year. He plays sousaphone in the school band, but he's had a bit of a self-image problem, and he really wanted to pay guitar, so you helped him buy one. He got some basic lessons from some friends, but he's done a lot of learning himself, and he's been playing with some friends recently.

Seth - 15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

About a month ago, he came to you wanting to borrow money to buy a new amp. His best friend's big brother was selling it and buying a new one. You told him you couldn't afford it right now and suggested he try to work something out and pay it off. A couple of days later, he came home with it, saying he worked something out.

Today, you were talking to Jack - the father of Seth's best friend, and your boys unofficial uncle. You asked if he knew how Seth was paying off the amp he'd bought from Barry. Jack said he was a bit behind, but he was working it off with him. It turns out that, instead of talking to Barry, he borrowed the money from Jack, and Jack is letting him work it off by doing work in his library, as well as paying back cash as he has it.

Is the way he worked it out with you okay?

David M. Katz

Marshall
I see no issues with it.

It doesn't appear that I forbid him to borrow the money from Jack nor does it appear I was very specific as to what I expected him to "work out."

Jack was willing and Seth is holding up his end of the deal and so it seems all is going well.  

I am a little concerned that Seth is "a bit behind" so I will probably have a quick talk with him about being more timely with his commitment to work off the loan.

Padraig

Trailboss
Well beside being embarassed that I couldn't help my son out myself I don't see anything wrong here. Jack is an adult and as long as he is happy with the deal everything's fine to me.

Stone Man

Marshall
I have no problem with the arrangement.

ivor

Marshall
I don't see anything wrong with the arrangement although it would have told Jack quite a lot about your current financial situation.

Just hope he doesn't string Jack out over the repayments. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm actually a bit proud of Seth.  In the first instance he came to me asking to borrow rather than to beg. Then, when I was unable to help, demonstrate some problem solving skills.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
Ditto Padraig

Jack

Admin
Unlike many of these, I had to kind of guess at a lot of the background. I don't know exactly what William said to his eldest son, but he did seem unhappy to hear that I'd paid for the amp and was letting Seth pay me back. I'm not sure if that's because Seth 'kind of' disobeyed him, or if he'd just phrased things the wrong way.

BTW - this really didn't say much about their financial situation, because it took place just a couple of weeks after Christmas. That's also the same reason Barry was trying to sell this amp - I'd just bought him TWO steel guitars (one was pretty cheap, and he paid for part of it, but when he decided he wanted a good one, that was his big Christmas gift). He wanted the new amp to perform (Barry plays parties with some friends occasionally), but I wanted him to keep using what he had and save for a new one.

Anyway, Barry didn't want to hold the amp for Seth to pay it off, so he came to me. I always need help in my library (bagging and filing comics, filling new books, and cleaning), and since it's my stuff, I don't want to assign the kids. It's a good way to let kids (mine and others) earn some extra money. I was happy to have Seth agree to do it.

Since it hadn't been Seth's idea, and since I wasn't complaining, nothing happened at that time. However, William did say, "but if he starts falling behind, I hope you'll take late fees out of his hide."

Which brings us to Part II:

Seth borrowed some money from you about three months ago to buy an amp from your son. You have permission to spank him and his little brothers, though you haven't needed to use it with him in a while. His father was pretty unhappy with him borrowing the money from you, and he's the one who said you should 'take late fees out of his hide.'

The other day, you were looking at your calendar, and realized that, in three months, Seth hasn't paid half what he borrowed yet, and that it's been five weeks since he did more than a few minutes work of what he owed you. When you asked him about it Saturday, he agreed to do some, but said he had to go home right then, because of the incoming storms, and he never showed up yesterday.

You know you'll see him this afternoon, because he rides home from school with your sons.

What do you have to say to him now, or is it late fee time?

John Boy

Sherrif
First part I have to say that even if I wasn't thrilled at how he got the amp, It does sound like a deal was made. Second part I think he can do some bare cleaning after we have a little late fee discussion.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

David M. Katz

Marshall
Seth will take a visit to the last chance hotel and then if there is any further late payments then I will take a late fee.

Jack

Admin
Not many answers, but I thought I'd go ahead and update it, before I forgot.

I did confront Seth Monday evening. He and I reviewed the original deal we made, agreed he hadn't been keeping his commitments, and I made him remind me of what his dad had said about late fees.

We were in my office, in private, so I had Seth remove his jeans, then fetch the large stool. I took a seat, and had him climb over my lap.

If you don't remember me talking about this bar stool before, it's because I don't use it often. Unlike a chair, where the seat is 18 or 20 inches off the ground (about knee height on me), I keep the stool set about waist high. Even a boy like Seth, who's as tall as I am, has to use the foot rest to get into place, and then their hands and feet are dangling in the air, just like happens in a normal chair, with younger boys.

I'm sure he was in an interesting place, since I'd let him keep his boxers on, but my hand was resting on his bottom, and he was in a very vulnerable, juvenile position.

I asked him questions and lectured, giving a swat or two in between. Since he wanted to give me a lot of excuses, those smacks started to add up.

We came to the conclusion that, while he does have a number of things going on, he'd given his word, and keeping his word and paying off his debt were more important than anything (except arguably school work and band, though he should have considered those things when making the agreement).

Seth still owes me 20 hours of work Finals are coming up in four weeks, but he's a good student, and those shouldn't have much effect. He also has marching band practice after school each day. We agreed that he owes me at least two hours of work each week between now and the end of school, then six hours until it's paid off. Any week he doesn't fulfill that, he gets a spanking (I was very vague, so I can make it anything from hand spanks to a real paddling, depending on how he's doing otherwise).

I finished with a quick flurry of hand swats - just enough to have him squirming and yelping a bit, but no where near a 'real' spanking, which is why this doesn't show up on the Spankorama.

When I let Seth up, he took a moment to rub, but apologized while doing it, and then I got a big hug, so I'm pretty sure we're okay.

Kai

Deputy
Right now I am thinking very hard about borrowing some money from you ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum