a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/14/15 "The Package" A DMK and Stevie Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THE PACKAGE
A DMK and Stevie Production

This is your thirteen year old son, Jeff.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jeff received a FedEx delivery a couple of weeks ago but, since Father's Day was coming soon, you did not press for details and simply laid the package on Jeff's bed. The package was a plain box with limited shipper information.

Today Jeff says he isn't feeling well.  You ask what is wrong and he says, "I think it was something I took." You ask Jeff to explain and he comes clean.

Jeff is somewhat of a late bloomer and some of the other boys at his middle school commented about the size (or lack thereof) of his package in the PE locker room.  Jeff has also been concerned about this.

Jeff saw a TV commercial for a "male enhancement" product and decided it would help him with his problem.  Jeff used his allowance, purchased a prepaid credit card and then placed the order on line.  Sure, Jeff was supposed to be eighteen to place the order but the website simply required Jeff to tick a box affirming he was eighteen or older. The "enhancement" pills are what were in the package.

Jeff figured if one a day was beneficial then several times that dose should give him quicker results.  Jeff admits to taking the entire bottle (50 pills) over the course of the past two weeks.

Since Jeff was a small boy you have told him he was not to take any sort of medication unless you, your spouse, or a doctor gave it to him.

What happens?

Padraig

Trailboss
I'll take him to a doctor. With everything else we can deal afterwards.

Obviously I haven't made it clear enough to him that he can come to me with everything.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will insist that Jeff produce the bottle and hopefully it will be labeled as to just what is in the stuff.

I will decide what to do after gogling the ingredients, probably nothing as most of those products contain nothing dangerous or even helpful for the problems they are supposed to treat!

Iconoclast

talebearer

Cowboy
Iconoclast wrote:I will insist that Jeff produce the bottle and hopefully it will be labeled as to just what is in the stuff.

I will decide what to do after gogling the ingredients, probably nothing as most of those products contain nothing dangerous or even helpful for the problems they are supposed to treat!

Iconoclast

It's possible that it's a placebo, that the contents are inert and not what they're represented to be on the label. And in any event, what he is, he is, although it's still early in his development and it's well to tell him so, and let it develop. And meantime he does need to confide in you, and you need to make him understand there'll be no value judgments on what he is (rather than what he does) -- more than can be said for his peers.

And as for them, if they're taking such a critical interest in his endowments, his question should be "and why are you so curious? Huh?"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Jack

Admin
The world is ending! The world is ending!

Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but I do agree with Icono.

When the immediate emergency is over (we'll probably just have him drink some milk to line his stomach, but I'll let Poison Control inform us to be sure), he and I are going to have a long talk about medicine, supplements, following directions, and following rules. I'm not going to spank him for this. I will point out that the proper way to deal with this would have been with this response, "You're worried about how big my dick is? Sorry, dude - I'm straight."

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Um... the problem I see immediately is that some of these 'natural' herbal supplements are extremely dangerous , especially to children...

Of course, it's possible that it's just senna, but it could also contain atropine or something of that nature, which might be okay if taken in the suggested dose by an adult but not when overdosed on by a small boy...

We're headed to the emergency room right now just to be on the safe side.

After that, I think we'll have a little discussion about the whole issue... I don't think I'll punish for this.

Stevie.

Stone Man

Marshall
Padraig wrote:I'll take him to a doctor. With everything else we can deal afterwards.

Obviously I haven't made it clear enough to him that he can come to me with everything.

This is the long and short of it for me.

(No topic related snide comments intended) What a Face

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
It an IMMEDIATE trip to the ER for the three of us -- Jeff, the bottle and I.

Jeff needs to be checked out by a knowledgeable expert.  Products such as these can be anything and everything and the label does NOT tell the entire story.  Who can say what was in that bottle -- what sort of chemicals both natural and otherwise.  (This was in the news only a month ago.)

After we are sure that whatever was/is in that bottle is out of Jeff's system and not a danger anymore, we can talk about all the other issues that have been mentioned.

Jack's suggested response <<Sorry, dude - I'm straight.>> would be fine in response to <<let's have sex>>.  In this case -- talking about physical attribute -- it shouts homophobia.  Males of all orientations are concerned about penis size just as body builders worry about muscle size and the like.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

ivor

Marshall
While Icono's approach has a lot of logic I suspect most parents will react as Padraig said. After all why let a little problem grow into a big one?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Y Lee Coyote wrote:ack's suggested response <<Sorry, dude - I'm straight.>> would be fine in response to <<let's have sex>>.  In this case -- talking about physical attribute -- it shouts homophobia.  Males of all orientations are concerned about penis size just as body builders worry about muscle size and the like.

You know, I almost didn't make that comment, because I knew someone was going to say this.

No, there's nothing at all in that comment that says 'gays are horrible people' or anything like it. It just says 'quit worrying about my dick, dude.' Consider it locker room/school yard judo. If someone is bringing unpleasant attention to you, turn the attention back on them.

And while I know not every male is worried about penis size, I do know that most of them don't comment on it.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Poor Jeff he's in for a hard time. First he's going to a medic... , then a shrink What a Face . I am going to let the doctor tell Jeff about the dangers of kids self medicating and going beyond stated dosages. Its just as well this one may well be a placebo. We will ask whether Jeff needs growth hormone or such but I suspect we will be told we just have to let nature take its course. In which case h has learned that there are better things to spend his money on, like my Fathers day present Evil or Very Mad No spanking < Iknow what we said and with good reason and I'm sure Jeff understab=nds , but right now he needs a bit of help.

1strappedboy

Sherrif
OMG!!  I dealt with something similar (yes, it'll be a story), in R/L with Jon.  He was smallish and hadn't developed along the same line as his peers OR Dave far that matter, but the 'straw that broke the camel's back' came when Darren outgrew him.  He had gone online and ordered an 'enhancement' medication though he didn't OD on it like this instance did.  He was terribly 'bummed' when (who'da thunk it?) it didn't work.  

That's when he finally 'came clean' with the issue and told me about it, begging me not to tell mom (a nurse).

I gave him basically the same advice Jack gives-'Who cares about the size of your equipment at THIS age?!?'  By the time you date, it'll be fine!

Same in this instance.  As long as there are no physical after effects stemming from this product that require a Dr's intervention, we're going to have a conversation about what's 'normal' and then a follow on about honesty and the need to consult us before purchasing ANYTHING on line with a promise of 'if there's a repeat your *** is grass and I'm the lawnmower buddy!'

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum