Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Jack

Admin
It's a three day weekend, and your cousin and his two kids have been staying with you. Annually, this weekend always ends with a family get together. This is the first time in years that Ryan, your cousin, has joined you. After a rough divorce, he has custody of his two boys, twelve year old Logan and nine-year old Mason, and they'll be moving to your city in the next couple of weeks. One of the reasons he's been making the trip to visit you on a semi-regular basis lately, is that his boys will be living with you for several weeks, while he closes down the old house, and gets their new home ready to inhabit. Besides that, you'll be their main care during the summer and after school.

Fortunately for both of you, his kids and yours seem to get along fine. Having gotten to know their (second) cousins and meeting friends in the area is making the move much easier on your young cousins.

The problem comes from the weather.

This month is one of the rainiest on record, and this weekend isn't letting up on that. As a matter of fact, when finishing lunch, you get a severe thunderstorm warning. Most of your family heads home earlier than planned, but radar shows bad weather is already hitting Ryan's area, so he decides to wait it out.

After a while, Ryan tells Mason and Logan to go get their stuff together and bring it to the living room, so they'll be ready to go.

Ryan goes to the guest room where he's been staying. When he comes back, you and he start talking. After a while you vaguely notice Logan drop off his stuff and go downstairs with Van.

While Ryan's assured you that his kids are good boys, he does admit that Mason is easily distractable, and that he has a bad habit of minding when he wants. Because of that, you're not too surprised when he notices that Mason still hasn't brought his bag back.

Mason's been staying with your youngest boys, so you head for that bedroom. Once there, you find Mason playing with your youngest who lives with you, Kenny.

Mason, 9, and Kenny, 10.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While Mason's bag is on Kenny's bed, and it looks like most of his stuff is next to it, he's not only not finished packing, but he and Kenny are spread out on the floor, playing a new game.

A New Game Kenny and Mason Invented

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ryan helps put the hamsters back in their cage, then he lifts Mason to his feet, and heads towards a desk chair. You and Mason both know what that means, but Ryan turns back to you, as he sits, and reaches to unfasten his son's pants.

"Would you excuse us?" he asks.

Of course, Kenny was standing right there when his cousin was given his instructions, and he knows he's not supposed to help people break the rules. So, will you excuse him, or join him?

2 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
Unless Kenny had heard the instructions given to Logan, he's safe. If he had heard them, then a "making the point" but fairly mild spanking.

3 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I don't see any culpability on Kenny's part. Did he force Mason to disobey? I think Kenny and I will leave the room.

Kenny and Mason do need to swap their shirts back before Mason leaves. Very Happy

4 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Wed May 27, 2015 10:05 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:I don't see any culpability on Kenny's part.  Did he force Mason to disobey?  I think Kenny and I will leave the room.

Kenny and Mason do need to swap their shirts back before Mason leaves.  Very Happy
Ditto though I think Kenny and I need to have a quick talk about how playing with his cousin could be viewed as aiding in disobedience.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Wed May 27, 2015 10:23 pm

talebearer

Cowboy
"Of course, Kenny was standing right there when his cousin was given his instructions, and he knows he's not supposed to help people break the rules. "

Tough call. Yes, you should usher Kenny out of the room so that Ryan and Mason can have some quality father-and-son time together. Kenny's not supposed to help Mason misbehave, but he's also not supposed to be a parole officer either. You and Kenny should go someplace private and talk about it. Maybe he feels bad that he's the proximate cause of Mason's current discomfort. He might even be willing to take a modest spanking so he can tell his cousin he did the right thing. It's worth seeing how Kenny's sense of responsibility is developing.

Oh, and it's worth finding out more about this new game. Looks interesting. "Auditions"? Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

6 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Kenny didn't do nuthin' so Kenny didn't get spanked.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

7 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Thu May 28, 2015 5:10 am

ivor

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:Kenny didn't do nuthin' so Kenny didn't get spanked.

Took the words right out of my mouth Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I might want to know whose idea was to play the new game when Kenny had heard Mason get his instructions. May be Kenny didn't realise how dis-tractable Mason is or the importance of the instructions, At ten that is understandable I will leave Ryan an Mason too it and Kenny and I will have a chat elsewhere. which may only be just that, but he will understand that complicity in another's disobedience could put his backside in danger.

9 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think I'd probably try to put in a good word for Mason. Getting distracted isn't the same as disobeying, after all.

Kat

10 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Thu May 28, 2015 11:56 am

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with Ivor, MM, and Kat.

11 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Fri May 29, 2015 2:10 am

Jack

Admin
Starting with Kat's point, I'd like to point out that the scenario does mention that Mason has a problem with this kind of 'distraction', where he ends up doing what he wants when he wants. If this were long term instructions, I would agree with Kat. Considering that Mason actually quite in the middle of doing what he was supposed to be doing, I can see it both ways. I don't see it as outright disobedience, but I've been around Mason enough to see it happens on a somewhat regular basis, and I have no idea how often Ryan's been having to deal with it lately.

In regards to Kenny...

I kind of see four possibilities here.

1) Kenny talked his cousin into playing, instead of doing what he should have been doing.

2) Kenny created an 'attractive nuisance' and his cousin was lured into stopping his chore.

3) Mason suggested playing, and Kenny said 'sure.'

4) Mason suggested playing, and Kenny said, 'aren't you supposed to get your stuff together first?'

While Kenny knew what Mason was supposed to be doing, I don't think Kenny forced his cousin to quit in the middle of the chore. As soon as Ryan asked for us to excuse him, I took Kenny into the play room, and he and I had a brief discussion.

I reminded him that, while he's not responsible for insuring Mason does his chore, playing with Mason while aware that he should be doing something else isn't right either. Kenny admitted he knew Mason shouldn't have been playing. We could already hear a spanking in the background, and Kenny asked if he was going to get one.

I have to admit I had considered it. There was a strong temptation to do it, just because of how rare the chance is to be sitting opposite one adult, who's spanking, while I'm also giving one. My snap judgement was that I just wasn't sure Kenny was guilty and deserved one, and I don't want to spank only for my benefit. I could have dug more to find out which of those four possibilities had occurred (or something I hadn't thought of), to see if I could justify spanking him, but I try to be sure that spankings are earned, not justified.

I did put Kenny in the corner for a few minutes, with a suggestion he think about what he could have done (helped his cousin finish packing first, or suggest that he get things set up, while Mason finish packing, or just refuse to play until Mason was finished).

I went back to Kenny's room in time to watch the grand finale. Mason was put back on his feet, and told to stand without rubbing, then turned to face the bed. Ryan walked over and finished packing, then turned to his younger son.

"See how long that took? You could have done that, then played, and you wouldn't have gotten spanked. Wouldn't that have been easier?"

Mason, who was still crying, agreed it would have been.

After that, Ryan helped Mason settle down, repair his clothing, and clean up. Then Kenny and Mason were allowed to play a bit more before Ryan and sons departed.

I did have a bit more of a talk with Kenny later. I don't think one kid should aid and abet another in breaking rules, but I also think it's a thin line, and I don't want to make one boy responsible for another. What happened not to long ago with Parker and Clint Gooden, where both boys deliberately did something like this, and lied by omission to do it, I still feel was a spanking offense. Something like this just doesn't cross that line.

12 Re: 28 May 2015 - I Didn't Do Nuthin'! on Fri May 29, 2015 4:30 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:Starting with Kat's point, I'd like to point out that the scenario does mention that Mason has a problem with this kind of 'distraction', where he ends up doing what he wants when he wants.  If this were long term instructions, I would agree with Kat.  Considering that Mason actually quite in the middle of doing what he was supposed to be doing, I can see it both ways.  I don't see it as outright disobedience, but I've been around Mason enough to see it happens on a somewhat regular basis, and I have no idea how often Ryan's been having to deal with it lately.

In regards to Kenny...

I kind of see four possibilities here.

1) Kenny talked his cousin into playing, instead of doing what he should have been doing.

2) Kenny created an 'attractive nuisance' and his cousin was lured into stopping his chore.

3) Mason suggested playing, and Kenny said 'sure.'

4) Mason suggested playing, and Kenny said, 'aren't you supposed to get your stuff together first?'

While Kenny knew what Mason was supposed to be doing, I don't think Kenny forced his cousin to quit in the middle of the chore.  As soon as Ryan asked for us to excuse him, I took Kenny into the play room, and he and I had a brief discussion.

I reminded him that, while he's not responsible for insuring Mason does his chore, playing with Mason while aware that he should be doing something else isn't right either.  Kenny admitted he knew Mason shouldn't have been playing.  We could already hear a spanking in the background, and Kenny asked if he was going to get one.

I have to admit I had considered it.  There was a strong temptation to do it, just because of how rare the chance is to be sitting opposite one adult, who's spanking, while I'm also giving one.  My snap judgement was that I just wasn't sure Kenny was guilty and deserved one, and I don't want to spank only for my benefit.  I could have dug more to find out which of those four possibilities had occurred (or something I hadn't thought of), to see if I could justify spanking him, but I try to be sure that spankings are earned, not justified.

I did put Kenny in the corner for a few minutes, with a suggestion he think about what he could have done (helped his cousin finish packing first, or suggest that he get things set up, while Mason finish packing, or just refuse to play until Mason was finished).  

I went back to Kenny's room in time to watch the grand finale.  Mason was put back on his feet, and told to stand without rubbing, then turned to face the bed.  Ryan walked over and finished packing, then turned to his younger son.  

"See how long that took?  You could have done that, then played, and you wouldn't have gotten spanked.  Wouldn't that have been easier?"

Mason, who was still crying, agreed it would have been.

After that, Ryan helped Mason settle down, repair his clothing, and clean up.  Then Kenny and Mason were allowed to play a bit more before Ryan and sons departed.

I did have a bit more of a talk with Kenny later.  I don't think one kid should aid and abet another in breaking rules, but I also think it's a thin line, and I don't want to make one boy responsible for another.  What happened not to long ago with Parker and Clint Gooden, where both boys deliberately did something like this, and lied by omission to do it, I still feel was a spanking offense.  Something like this just doesn't cross that line.

I agree with that assessment Jack. I note there was no suggestion from Mason that might have Kenny 'thrown under the bus' as it were

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum