a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra: 2 June 2015: Pool Problems - A Jack RL Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Pool Problems
A Jack RL Production

It's the first day of your kids' summer vacation.  It's been an incredibly busy four (or six or seven or ten) days for you, as you dealt with your business, finals, graduations, and a house full of kids.  

This summer, you've agreed to a lot of extra kids, who are too young (or immature) to stay by themselves, but whose parents don't have good alternatives.  You enjoy kids in general, and all of these kids are friends with your kids, and you're friends with their parents, so it's not a huge problem, but it does keep you busy.

One of the things that's gone by the wayside the last few days is the boys chores.  There are some things you just can't tell if they were done or not.  There are other things you're morally certain either weren't done or were only given a lick and a promise, rather than a real job.

After dinner, when most of your guests are gone, you hear people getting back in the pool.  You go out, call everyone out of the pool, and tell them that they need to get their area cleaned up, and get all their chores done.  You point out that you've been very lax on checking things recently, with everything that's been happening, so tonight you're going to check very well.  You also mention that they need to start working on 'summer schedule', which means getting things done in the morning, before guests arrive and before the heat of the day, so they won't have to worry about chores in the evening, when they're wanting to have sleepovers.

"So," you tell everyone, "pool's closed for the evening.  Everyone out.  Go get your stuff done, and think about how you want to handle bedtime."

A few questions about bedtime arise, but it was mostly aimed at the little guys, who are used to reading time in the evenings.  With all the guests and no bedtime, it often goes out the window in the summer, but you like them to think about it and have input.

Satisfied that the pool has been emptied, and that everyone is getting to work, you go to handle a few things of your own that need doing.  

About fifteen minutes later, you're taking the trash and dirty clothes from your bedroom.  Through the kitchen window, you unmistakably see too boys back in the pool.

Colt - 11 and Ethan Guthrey - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You made sure that every boy in the house heard your pronouncement that the pool was off limits.  Both of these boys have a bad tendency to be of the 'do what you want and apologize if you get caught' school.  Between that and the fact that it hasn't been twenty minutes, you have no compunction against marching them to your office.  They were skinny dipping, so you don't even worry about their suits.

You listen to a few excuses, some of which seem mutually exclusive, but the boys finally agree that they were disobeying.  Despite being older, Ethan is no bigger than Colt, and he is a guest, so Colt has to stand, hands atop head, while you wear out Ethan's little rear.  

Then it's Kenny's turn.

Of course, Ethan's mom is there when you're finished.  She obviously got an earful, but she only asks Ethan why he was in trouble.  Ethan, apparently not especially shy (a hand cupped over his peter is his only show of modesty) admits he'd disobeyed.  Then he goes to wash up and dress.

Colt, much more shy around women, is hiding in your office, until you fetch him something to wear.

With the Guthreys gone, and Colt doing his chores, you go back to your own stuff.  Do a bit in the kitchen, go to your office to finish last months' paperwork, then head back to the kitchen for some Kool Aid.  Of course, as  you walk into the kitchen and glance out the window...

Rory - 16, Riley - 16, and Johnny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All three boys were there when you announced that the pool was off limits for the evening.  But Johnny finished his chores, so they decided it'd be okay. Besides, you were busy, and they didn't want to bother you.

You've known Rory and Riley both for years now, and you've spanked both of them more than a couple of times.  When you point out to Johnny that you already spanked one of his little brothers, all three boys suddenly look very nervous.

Should they?

Last edited by Jack on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

mahoover

Cowboy
Yes.

When one kid gets spanked for something, then then other boys should expect to be treated the same. Even though these three are older, that doesn't give them the ability to ignore what I said. If they had asked I probably would have said no, because I don't want all of the others distracted while they are doing their chores. Also there are safety issues, but that isn't as big of a deal with the older boys. So these three get to troupe to my office where we will discuss what happens next, most probably two swats with the paddle.

Also, I need to be able to close the pool, because sometimes I have to add chemicals to shock the pool, and no one should be in the pool for some time after that. So when I say the pool is closed, it is closed.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I really think in fairness the older boys have to take a similar punishment. Since there is no way I'd wear out my hand on three older boys' backsides, l'd get out a school paddle. Mahoover's suggestion of two swats sounds about right. Boy, is that going to sting on wet bottoms!

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Mahoover. Can't see any way where the older boys, who I KNOW heard the pronouncement, get a pass when the younger ones got worn out for the same thing.

David M. Katz

Marshall
NOTE ON PICTURES - EDIT ISSUE

No, Jack has not lost his mind and posted the same pic twice.

I tried to do a friendly "edit" to fix a picture and then I placed the "new" picture in the wrong spot and then totally lost his original.

Hopefully, when Jack sees my error, he can correct the problem.

My apologies for the duplicate picture showing.

David M. Katz

Marshall
As far as my answer, I agree with the consensus.

kalico

Sherrif
Very Happy Ditto Katz.....

hugs kal

Jack

Admin
Thanks to David for fixing the problem. The problem resulting from his fix of the problem is now repaired also.

I hope What a Face

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I told them that they need to get their area cleaned up, and get all their chores done. If my inspection reveals that they have done so their excuse that they did not want to bother me is acceptable. The younger boys were back in the pool before they could have done this so it is not the same thing.

Iconoclast

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am with Mahoover and 2 good licks sounds right. They needed to ask. I wonder if I could perhaps have said that they could go back in if chores and work were done to my satisfaction and it wasnt excessively late I couldn't have been more flexible but I didn't and it cannot on rule for some and another for others

MemoryMan

Sherrif
The little ones disobeyed and earned their hidings.

The others are old enough to reason and to propery understand your reasoning behind the blanket ban.  They conformed and did all that was expected of them and reasoned it would now be OK for them to use the pool again.

They could do with having the message they might be sending the younger boys by doing this forcefully pointed out to them but they have done nothing to merit punishment themselves - this time.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:As far as my answer, I agree with the consensus.
ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

MemoryMan

Sherrif
What consensus??

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

ivor

Marshall
MemoryMan wrote:What consensus??

I'll join you in an opposite consensus MM. I didn't bother earlier as by the time I got here it was a lost cause.

To me there is a big difference between 11/12 year olds and 16 year olds in the situation described, but as this was an RL Production I was confident of the outcome. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
MemoryMan wrote:The others are old enough to reason and to propery understand your reasoning behind the blanket ban.  They conformed and did all that was expected of them and reasoned it would now be OK for them to use the pool again.

They could do with having the message they might be sending the younger boys by doing this forcefully pointed out to them but they have done nothing to merit punishment themselves - this time.

I have to disagree with this for a couple of reasons.

First, Mahoover did have a good point about needing to close the pool to 'shock it' with chemicals at times. I have signs and stands for that, but it's still a very good point.

Two, while a home is not like a job or society in general, and not all rules need to be treated like laws, I simply disagree with what MM said here. If they had come to me and asked, I would probably have considered allowing them back in the pool. But to take it on themselves to decide that they could now disobey my instructions isn't something I really tolerate. One thing to consider here is that Rory is the new boy, and I've known him for over five years now - all of them know how we run things around here.

I did give more swats than several members have mentioned, but I didn't use 'the paddle' (when an older teen says that, I think of the medium Lexan). Instead, I had Johnny fetch the bath brush. I had them hang their suits to dry, then bend over the picnic table. Rory and Riley each got 8 smacks - which left them pretty red, and Johnny, who is both older and lives here, got ten. There was some noise by the end, but no crying. All the boys had a good rub, then went to get boxers, before heading down to the game room.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum