View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Jack

Admin
Who's Naughty
A Jack Production

Your sons, 13-year old Gage and 12-year old Garret,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

have lost the use of their video games for a week.  Garret was especially upset, because he was playing a game on his Nintendo 3DS handheld, and he had to finish a challenge by a certain date to receive a special character for the game.  

When you left for work today, the game consoles were in the garage, locked in a cabinet, and the game cartridges were in a shoe box, in your closet.  The handheld games were in your desk drawer.

When you came home, after cleaning up and changing clothes, you go to your office.  You're very particular about how you leave things, so you know someone's been in there.  Sure enough, when you check the drawer where the games are, it's obvious to you that someone had removed one of the games and put it back, because there's no way it's in the same place.

The boys are the only ones who've been home, so you ask them.  Both of them say they didn't do anything with the game, and that they haven't even been in your office.  They also say no one else has been over, so you know one of them has to be lying.

What's next?

2 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
My suspicion about the boys is just supposition, so I will just put confiscated games in my gun safe in the future!

Iconoclast

3 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:47 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie would lock them in the family's oubliette without food or water until one of them confesses...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stevie reckons it won't take more than a week or so...

Stevie Twisted Evil

4 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:17 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I certainly believe the other knows who the guilty party is.

Spank 'em all and let God sort it out. Twisted Evil

I am sure that when it comes to time for the actual spanking that the true culprit will become evident. Either by brother saving brother or one of them saving himself.

5 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:18 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Do the games show the last time they were accessed? If so, that should provide a pretty good idea who is responsible. If I cannot objectively determine which boy is being dishonest (and it's not impossible both are), I will do something similar to Icono and lock the games away. I see no point in questioning the boys further. If one of them is innocent, such an interrogation would be intolerable. Perhaps the guilty boy will come to me later and confess; perhaps some other explanation will come to light that exonerates both.  

I do think I might have let Garrett negotiate some sort of compromise so that he didn't lose his special character. I wouldn't want a routine punishment by chance to become harsher than I intend.

Kat

6 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 am

ivor

Marshall
The 'evidence' points towards Garrett, but is it proof positive?

If I'm a reasonable man then I'll probably accept their denials and leave it there with just a further warning. But if I'm totally convinced one of them is lying then I guess both are in for a spanking.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm going to follow Icono's lead - but should it turn out later that Garret has his special character Evil or Very Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 am

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:Do the games show the last time they were accessed?

This is actually a good question. In the situation I described, assuming you remember the game in question, you could check it for the last save. The problem is that, most of these games use cartridges, so you'd have to check every game to find when the last save was (and some games don't actually have saves). While it wouldn't be a definite answer, it would tell you if Garret had accessed that particular game.

One of the problems with giving the kids limited screen time, like I do, is when something like this comes along. Usually I'm willing to work some compromise with them, but some of these achievements can be a huge hassle. I do empathize with the kid. Whether I'd make some arrangement with him, as Kat mentions, is dependent on too many variables for me to really decide (is the punishment tied to what they'd done, or kind of random, for instance?).

There's no way I'm going to punish a boy for something he didn't do. I'm not even going to assume his brother knows he did it, since I can think of a number of ways around that. I think, in this specific case, if I couldn't prove who'd done the deed, both boys would get a lecture on trust and honestly, and then I'd offer an apology for the lecture to 'whichever one of you is innocent.' I would probably leave it at that, but I would find a better place to put the handhelds.

9 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:02 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:
Kat wrote:Do the games show the last time they were accessed?

This is actually a good question.  In the situation I described, assuming you remember the game in question, you could check it for the last save.  The problem is that, most of these games use cartridges, so you'd have to check every game to find when the last save was (and some games don't actually have saves).  While it wouldn't be a definite answer, it would tell you if Garret had accessed that particular game.

One of the problems with giving the kids limited screen time, like I do, is when something like this comes along.  Usually I'm willing to work some compromise with them, but some of these achievements can be a huge hassle.  I do empathize with the kid.  Whether I'd make some arrangement with him, as Kat mentions, is dependent on too many variables for me to really decide (is the punishment tied to what they'd done, or kind of random, for instance?).

There's no way I'm going to punish a boy for something he didn't do.  I'm not even going to assume his brother knows he did it, since I can think of a number of ways around that.  I think, in this specific case, if I couldn't prove who'd done the deed, both boys would get a lecture on trust and honestly, and then I'd offer an apology for the lecture to 'whichever one of you is innocent.'  I would probably leave it at that, but I would find a better place to put the handhelds.

'Is one one of you going to own up or do I have to spank you both?' I will not be askhem to tell on each other. They can go to their rooms and think about it for a while

10 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:34 pm

talebearer

Cowboy
I like Kat, MM and Jack's reasoning.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

11 Re: 18 June 2015 - Who's Naughty? on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:19 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I'll ditto Jack, I shall also hid the handhelds in different spots so the next time it happens they spring the trap.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum