You are not connected. Please login or register

23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Jack

Admin
Stopping for a Drink
A Jack Production

Your 14-year old nephew, Randy, is staying with you over the summer.  That's been going on for a while, and Randy has even lived with you a couple of times, when his mother (your sister) was getting divorced and having some troubles.  He's best friends with your 13-year old son, Rick.  The two of them consider each other more brothers than cousins, and you've always treated the two of them the same.

Randy and Rick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You generally allow the boys to run lose during the day, as long as they follow some pretty basic rules.  Normally, that's not a problem, and you haven't had to warm either of them up so far this summer (barely more than three weeks so far, but you take what you get).

This afternoon, you received a phone call from a local burger place.  The two boys were caught sneaking cups from behind the counter, then filling them from the soda machine.  The manager says they don't want to call the police, but they would appreciate if you don't allow the boys back in without adult supervision.  

"Yes, they're right here.  Do you need to talk to them?"

Last edited by Jack on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
"No, just please tell them to come straight home."

Do the boys not realize this is stealing? They will after I burn their ears.

After their ears burn I will then burn their rears to reinforce the message. I won't use the switch this time but it will still be a serious message.

3 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Katz

4 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
They must have my number!: "they would appreciate if you don't allow the boys back in with adult supervision."

I would have told the boys to get an extra cup from the trash and wash it first! NOT try to swipe it from under their noses!

Iconoclast

5 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Iconoclast wrote:They must have my number!:  "they would appreciate if you don't allow the boys back in with adult supervision."

I would have told the boys to get an extra cup from the trash and wash it first!  NOT try to swipe it from under their noses!

Iconoclast

Seriously Icono?  These boys are not Jean Valjean.  Whether they take a cup from the trash, or take it from the counter "under their noses", what they are doing is taking something that isn't theirs without paying for it--that is called "stealing" or "theft".  I can't see any way to mitigate that act, unless they were starving or dying of thirst, and clearly, neither of those is the case (and even in today's America, a cup of WATER is still free).

Thanks for pointing out the typo, though I understood what was meant.  And I think Katz and I were both extremely lenient to not make this a switching offense.

6 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:58 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:They must have my number!:  "they would appreciate if you don't allow the boys back in with adult supervision."

I would have told the boys to get an extra cup from the trash and wash it first!  NOT try to swipe it from under their noses!

Iconoclast

Seriously Icono?  These boys are not Jean Valjean.  Whether they take a cup from the trash, or take it from the counter "under their noses", what they are doing is taking something that isn't theirs without paying for it--that is called "stealing" or "theft".  I can't see any way to mitigate that act, unless they were starving or dying of thirst, and clearly, neither of those is the case (and even in today's America, a cup of WATER is still free).

Thanks for pointing out the typo, though I understood what was meant.  And I think Katz and I were both extremely lenient to not make this a switching offense.

I was just about to type out this same point to Icono. Taking something that is not yours is stealing and illegal even if you do take a cup out of the trash and wash it (ewww) and I cannot agree with condoning theft.

7 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:18 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I think it is time for a Katz Kourse Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

8 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club.

Kat

9 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:00 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
John Boy wrote:I think it is time for a Katz Kourse Razz

And that is . . .

Cooked Goose
Rump Roast
Warm Buns
Toast

10 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

ivor

Marshall
Stealing, but not exactly grand larceny. They'll both though be feeling pretty uncomfortable by the time I've finished with them.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

11 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Yup! ............. consensus Mad

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

12 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 am

Jack

Admin
AFinch wrote:

Iconoclast

The typo has been corrected, and your response to Icono saved me a lot of typing.

Thanks.

This is theft, and it is illegal. The fact that it's only a couple of dollars doesn't change that. On the other hand, it's not exactly the crime of the century...

My first impulse is that theft is theft, and they're getting switched. I think I'll have them both strip down and fetch switches. When they come back, I'll have the hairbrush, and I'll give them a (slightly) reduced sentence.

13 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I' am in the K clubthough it is tempting to use Jacks ploy as well

14 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'm in the K club in terms of what will happen to their hides. However, I am going to ask the manager if they can pay off their soda by "volunteering" to assist next time they do a thorough deep clean of the kitchen. Having to face those from whom they stole again should be an even greater learning experience than that delivered to their hindquarters.

15 Re: 23 June 2015 - Stopping for a Drink on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:

Iconoclast

Yes I was kidding! I couldn't resist!

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum