a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 6/30/15 "The Wrath Of Mom" A Jack Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
The Wrath of Mom
A Jack Production

Eli is your 17-year old son; step-son really; but that's never made a difference to you.  You've been married to his mother for over 10-years now, and it's been nearly that long since you adopted him.

17-year old Eli
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You and Eli's mom have always agreed on discipline and have always presented a united front - even if you disagree with each other on a point, you handle it in private.  For the most part, you've dealt with Eli by putting your hand or belt to his rear end.  As he's gotten older, that's become less necessary, and when he does require a consequence, you normally use some type of restriction these days.

While you were at work, Wednesday, Eli managed to dig himself into a rather deep pit.  He started the hole with not doing his chores before taking off, then coming home later than he was supposed to, arguing with his mom to get it nice and wide, and then he finished it off by back talking her when she gave the initial consequence.  At least that's the story you got from her, and it's her explanation of why he's now totally grounded.

By the time you arrived home, and his mom told you her side, Eli was in his room and fairly quiet.  When you talk to Eli, he's already sorry, and says he'll apologize before dinner.  His story almost meshes with hers, except he claims that he'd done what she told him to do, and he told her he wasn't finished when he left.  She wouldn't listen at all when he tried to remind her of that, and he just got too frustrated.  You understand and believe that, since you've dealt with similar things before.  The main difference is that you know when to cut it short, and come back when you're both calmer.

Eli does apologize, and nothing more is said of it.  Not then.  However, he's still grounded today, and it's the day his best friend finally gets home from camp.

He comes to you, not asking for you to end his grounding early, but to give him a butt whipping in place of the rest of it.  Your spouse is gone for the day, and his friend just called to say he'll be home in about an hour.

We'll you grant clemency, give him his deal, or are you afraid you both might have to face The Wrath of Mom?

David M. Katz

Marshall
For the sake of preserving consistency I am going to call Eli's mom and explain why I am doing what I am doing. I think she is calmed down enough by now to understand.

Eli will get the "butt whipping" he has asked for but it won't be a barn burner but enough to help him understand that he is still subject to the rules of the house.

AFinch

Sherrif
At 17, Eli is nearly an adult. Per the scenario, you believe his version of events, having dealt with his mother yourself for many years. This happened on Wednesday, per the scenario, and today is Monday--he's been grounded 5 days without protest, if I understand the scenario correctly. He immediately apologized then, and has served his "sentence" politely since then.

I'm tending towards granting clemency. I will discuss that with his mom before setting him free, but I think the point has already been made. I don't think he needs a spanking to add to what's already happened.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I basically agree with Kier except I would have ended the grounding 3 days ago!

Iconoclast

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Basically I agree with Kier. It is time for clemency.

My wife is away and I will make an executive decision and explain it to her later.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Kier also.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
If there is still room on Kier's wagon I'm climbing aboard too.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kai

Deputy
ivor wrote:If there is still room on Kier's wagon I'm climbing aboard too.
Hope there's room for my fat tummy too there Very Happy

Jack

Admin
Even if I understand (or even agree with) Eli, sometimes you have to learn to get along with the people in charge. I would probably call his mom and let her know what I was doing, but I would let him go visit, since this is a special occasion. I would probably also make Eli think he was going to get a belt whipping, but I'd let him off at the last minute - maybe just a pop or two.

For reference, this is not exactly a real life scenario. I've had this picture that does remind me of Eli (more when he was 14 or 15 than now, but the hair, tan, and eyes are all reminiscent of him), but I came across it while looking for BOTD inspiration. He'd told me he did get in trouble while my guys were at camp (extra chores and no phone until he finished them - not grounded), and some of this happened a few years ago - I'm pretty sure it was Eli.
With my kids coming back from camp, it just kind of clicked.

squarecutter

Sherrif
How long is the grounding for. Hard thing is and why I am conflicted is that at at 17 grounding will have more effect on Eli than whipping else why ask for one and unless I can persuade Mom she really did go overboard and that he has served enough time I think Eli should stay grounded. We might agree a bit of time foe Eli to see his pal but I wont end the grounding against Moms wishes. and this temporary amnesty would have to be with her agreement

Jack

Admin
squarecutter wrote:How long is the grounding for. Hard thing is and why I am conflicted is that at at 17 grounding will have more effect on Eli than whipping else why ask for one and unless I can persuade Mom she really did go overboard and that he has served enough time I think Eli should stay grounded. We might agree a bit of time foe Eli to see his pal but I wont end the grounding against Moms wishes. and this temporary amnesty would have to be with her agreement

Square, I didn't think it really mattered, but he was grounded on Wednesday, and this was posted Sunday night. I was actually thinking of it as a solid week, though that's not included in the given information. If you accept that, then he's already done over half the restriction.

Or was it a rhetorical question? Suspect

squarecutter

Sherrif
Not entirely. What I wondered was whether a case could for saying time was already served . Left to me I'd say it was after 5 days but there is also a case for saying that a grounding only really bites when there is something a kid really really wants to do. I think I prefer time off for good behaviour than spanking in lieu

kalico

Sherrif
hope there is still room on Kiers wagon cause I'm joining up with y'all.....I think he has handled himself well and will now be free.....

hugs kal

Padraig

Trailboss
I'll get on board at the next stop!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum