This is information I just found on Forumotion's site.
Hello Dear Members,
Last night there was a Network issue and forums were inaccessible for sometime. This was repaired as quickly as possible by Forumotion technicians but there are still a number of issues which are affecting forums.
1) The Chatbox is suffering slow loading and various other issues, you might it difficult to connect.
2) The Toolbar isn't loading any notifications although they are present in the profile --> Notifications.
3) Username tagging is not working, you'll be able to tag someone but they won't get a notification
4) There might be some issues loading forums such as slow loading and possibly connection timeout and also you might get a blank page when sending private messages.
5) Servimg is currently down and therefore on the toolbar the host image button is therefore not working.
Our Technicans are aware of these and they're working to fix these issues. However at this time we don't have an estimated time for these issues to be fixed. I'll be sure to keep you all updated as we find out more information.
Not really anything we can do about it. Sorry if things take a while to load. Hopefully things will be back to normal soonest, so just check back.