a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

9 July 2015 - BOTD - The Very Cruel Gummi Bear Prank

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
THE VERY CRUEL GUMMY BEAR PRANK
*A "Guess Who" Production

Your son George (12) has been close friends with Rupert (same age) for several years... they've been inseparable since you moved in when your son was five.

Rupert has a little problem; he's very greedy (particularly for candy) and is thus very overweight for his age; this was not a problem at his old school since the kids all knew him there and he was reasonably popular. This has changed with the boys' graduation to senior public - he has been teased unmercifully about his paunch since he started in September. To add to the lad's difficulties, he has been showing signs of type II diabetes and his doctor has laid down the law. Rupert is now on a strict diet which he has been forbidden to deviate from on pain of very dire punishment.

RUPERT - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George has also been subject to the bullying and general unpopularity that comes with being Rupert's known friend. This has been wearing thin and George would now do just about anything to get in with the in crowd...and this weekend he did just that.

He ordered a bag of Haribo sugarless gummy bears and set up a plan to humiliate Rupert... some of the cool kids pretended to befriend the boy and they went out for a hike in the woods together with your son and his BFF. They brought along snacks - which Rupert was forbidden to eat - and handed him the bag of candy, which he thought, since it was sugar free, he actually could eat.

GEORGE - 12

George took care to warn Rupert that the candy might cause gastric upset and to be careful how many of them he ate; he knew full well, however, that Rupert would be unable to resist eating the whole bag. Rupert liked the candy, and did indeed devour the whole bag in short order.

THE SUBJECT CANDIES

To George's credit, he did not really know how severe the reaction would be: Rupert was in very serious pain and had had several accidents in his shorts when he finally arrived at his home. One of the other boys captured the incident on his telephone and posted it online... by the time You Tube removed it at his father's request, nearly every kid at the school had seen the video of poor Rupert soiling himself uncontrollably.

Rupert's father has just called you regarding the incident... the boy is in hysterics and is absolutely refusing to leave the house... and he doesn't want to see your son ever again, either.

What do you do?

*The person who provided this BOTD scenario wishes to remain anonymous and would like to see if you all can identify him. So, if you would, in your answer, venture a guess as to the author. [/quote]

kalico

Sherrif
My guess is Stevie .....

As to the BOTD
I'm tempted to have my son eat the same candy (the whole bag) and experience what poor Rupert went through Twisted Evil

My son will defiantly be punished and I think those bad influence friends need to go but that will be upto my son but he will know I won't stand for the bullying of anyone so he WILL be punished anytime...as for friends with Rupert I can't blame the poor kid but my son will have fix that and he most definitely will be apologizing....,

Hugs kal

Pi Beta

Deputy
I need time to calm down before confronting my son. By then I hope to have more than a gut reaction as to how to deal with it.

AFinch

Sherrif
Do I get three guesses?

Stevie, Stevie, and, um, Stevie.

As to the actual scenario, people have DIED from laxative overdoses. No matter how sucky it is to be subject to guilt by association, a real friend would never do what George has done to Rupert. I wouldn't blame Rupert if he refused to ever see George again, let alone accept an apology from him.

We are all lucky Rupert's dad hasn't phoned the police, because in today's world, at least in this country, this goes way beyond a "prank" and into the realm of criminal, perhaps felonious (depending on whether Rupert requires medical treatment for it--and just going to the ER or doctor's office to get checked out would constitute "requiring medical treatment") assault.

Because candy laxatives are potentially toxic in large doses, I'm not going to punish George by making him eat his own bag--that would make me no better than George, satisfying as it might be. I'm certainly going to ask him how he'd feel if something similar had happened to him, and let him know that the only reason he isn't facing "eye for an eye" punishment in this case is because, while I'm so angry and disappointed in him I want to kill him, I don't want to KILL him.

I'm going to read George the riot act, making all of these points. If he isn't crying hysterically at that point, he is not the boy I have raised until now. At that point, he's going to be sent to pick a switch, and is going to get the spanking of his life. When he's calmed down, I'm calling Rupert's dad, and asking if the two of us can come over so George can apologize to both of them (assuming he believes he should--again, if he doesn't, I don't know who this kid in my son's skin is but a forced apology is a waste of everyone's time). It will be up to the boys to decide whether their friendship is over, but what a shame it would be for that to happen after being best friends for more than half their lives.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Really hard to improve on Kier's answer.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
K Klub united

cheers cheers cheers

(I can't vote because I know who wrote the scenario and all.)

kalico

Sherrif
Just to be clear ....I said I was tempted to have him experience the same but I would never do that as I know what the sugar free candy does to someone...

Hugs kal

Padraig

Trailboss
One mustn't forget that George was a victim too. A victim of bullying that sadly turned into a perpetrator. I think that, apart from the consequences for George, for what I join the K-club, the school must be involved to work towards stopping the bullying.

The other question is why a potential dangerous food is sold in 5 lbs bags.

Kai

Deputy
David M. Katz wrote:K Klub united

cheers  cheers  cheers
May I join in? PLEASE!

ivor

Marshall
Must confess I do rather like Kalico's initial answer if I can control the amount of candy consumed to ensure that George does feel the effects without it becoming dangerous. I do think this would be more effective than a spanking/switching.

Other than that I strongly suspect that boats have been burned between the two boys.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Honestly, when I received this phone call, I'd be going scratch

I had to be told about the reaction these things cause. If I'm told the information in the scenario, not only did George warn his friend not to eat them all, and not only is there a warning on the package, but it's a FIVE POUND EFFING BAG!! Seriously, I wouldn't believe a 12-year old could eat five pounds of anything at one sitting --- especially not freaking gummy bears.

George isn't even the one who put the video up.

I will talk to George, but unless he confesses, I'm not going to do anything beyond suggesting he write a letter to his friend, telling him that he's sorry for his humiliation and that he really didn't know what would happen.

If George does confess --- and presents more detail than is in the scenario (I honestly didn't understand what had happened when I read it, and someone in chat had to explain it for me)... he will get a harsh lecture about how dangerous pranks like this can be, and he will probably be spanked for it. If he does confess, though, I think it will be because he already realizes how badly he screwed up.

squarecutter

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:Do I get three guesses?  

Stevie, Stevie, and, um, Stevie.

As to the actual scenario, people have DIED from laxative overdoses.  No matter how sucky it is to be subject to guilt by association, a real friend would never do what George has done to Rupert.  I wouldn't blame Rupert if he refused to ever see George again, let alone accept an apology from him.  

We are all lucky Rupert's dad hasn't phoned the police, because in today's world, at least in this country, this goes way beyond a "prank" and into the realm of criminal, perhaps felonious (depending on whether Rupert requires medical treatment for it--and just going to the ER or doctor's office to get checked out would constitute "requiring medical treatment") assault.

Because candy laxatives are potentially toxic in large doses, I'm not going to punish George by making him eat his own bag--that would make me no better than George, satisfying as it might be.  I'm certainly going to ask him how he'd feel if something similar had happened to him, and let him know that the only reason he isn't facing "eye for an eye" punishment in this case is because, while I'm so angry and disappointed in him I want to kill him, I don't want to KILL him.

I'm going to read George the riot act, making all of these points.  If he isn't crying hysterically at that point, he is not the boy I have raised until now.  At that point, he's going to be sent to pick a switch, and is going to get the spanking of his life.  When he's calmed down, I'm calling Rupert's dad, and asking if the two of us can come over so George can apologize to both of them (assuming he believes he should--again, if he doesn't, I don't know who this kid in my son's skin is but a forced apology is a waste of everyone's time).  It will be up to the boys to decide whether their friendship is over, but what a shame it would be for that to happen after being best friends for more than half their lives.

Couldn't change a thing there. the question of the originator was the only bit I could have worked out for myself

Pi Beta

Deputy
Though I may be in danger of being accused of nit-picking, for Rupert to eat a 5 lb bag of sweets without offering any around, it would appear that he is a very selfish individual who perhaps doesn't deserve friendship. If he did offer them around, only to be rebuffed, he's missed a very big clue that he is being set up for something and should read the notice on the bag with its warning about the laxative properties of the sweets. I would also have expected him to have read the contents list - how is hydrogenated glucose syrup not a sugar?

That said, George has severely disappointed me in succumbing to the bullying of others and has failed to react as he should, whatever pressure he was being put under. Even if he'd felt unable to approach school staff, why did he not let me know what was going on - am I unapproachable; is he scared of me?

I have to assume from the scenario that he didn't try to stick up for or defend Rupert at the time, apart from the initial warning, so wasn't as ashamed of how he'd behaved as I would have wished and expected when he realised how ugly the whole situation was turning.Though my first reaction was to give him the thrashing of a lifetime, I'm not sure how that would help - apart from salving MY conscience. Unless George truly feels contrite about what happened and, especially his part in it, the thrashing I think he deserves for his cruelty and is desperate will just cause resentment. George himself, without any persuasion from me in any form, needs to be desperate to apologise face to face to Rupert for it to be genuine. Only if and when that has happened will George and I have a long discussion on what punishment or other form of restitution should be put in place in an attempt to mend bridges. That may well be George pleading with me to give him "the thrashing I know I deserve" but I want the words to come from his mouth - not mine!

talebearer

Cowboy
I'm guessing Stevie as the author, and this is a compelling story.
- - - -
A brief note: the label says "sugarless", but it also shows "hydrogenated glucose syrup" as the first ingredient. Maybe there's no granulated sugar in there, but anything with a -ose suffix is a sweetener, usually corn, although glucose suggests a form of sugar. It's lucky that George didn't kill the boy.

George, and I, as his father in this scenario, are potentially in serious trouble. Nothing's stopping Trevor's father from filing criminal charges, some form of battery or attempted physical harm. Even if George didn't mean to do injury, it's still potentially inflicting it. And there's always a civil lawsuit, starting with invasion of privacy (the internet posting) and ending with "intentional infliction of emotional distress", which usually gets tacked on to most lawsuits but is very provable here. One way or another George was going to hurt Trevor, and for what? To maybe get popular with a bunch of bullies?

Oh, that, and he betrayed a friend, and played on his known weaknesses. Trevor has a serious condition, and a known compulsion, and George played it like a yo-yo.

Certainly I would sit down with George and discuss all this, and see if this little monster has an ounce of empathy. The hiding can come later, but it's a question of whether he'll be feeling sorry for himself or for the boy he so cruelly mistreated.

There's also some talking with the principal, since George was only the principal in this little conspiracy. Something's wrong at that school.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Talebearer

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum