a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 7/30/15 "Justification?" A Leti Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
JUSTIFICATION?
A Leti Production

Your son Parker is 9 years old and has many friends and gets along well with his cousins but he doesn't do sleep overs. He has issues with bed wetting. He is getting better but he still has some trouble staying dry at nights.

Tonight your brother had an emergency with his in-laws and asked you to watch Kevin, your 10 yo nephew.

You have a spare room and you prepare it for your nephew but the kids beg to sleep together. The kids had fun during the night and you know that your son was very careful and woke up dry.

The next day you find the kids fighting.

PARKER - 9 and KEVIN -10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your send Parker to his room to park in a corner. He knows that you do not approve of fighting.

You tend to your nephew's bloody lip and try to learn what was the problem but he is a bit incoherent. He also says he did not mean it.

It seems that your nephew teased your son about some diapers that he saw in the bathroom.

What do you do?

David M. Katz

Marshall
I wish Parker had used his words or talked to me without using his hands but I understand. I will sit down with Parker and talk it out but I don't think there will be punishment this time.

However, I would be tempted to wear Kevin out but since he has a bloody lip then he has had his. I will burn his ears and not his butt.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Parker has dealt with the problem in the correct manor, no need for me to be involved, except to patch up the combatants.

Iconoclast

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I won't punish Parker. Kevin needs to understand how hurtful his teasing was. Perhaps his cousin's reaction has done that.

Kat

1strappedboy

Sherrif
I'm going with the K Klub as usual. This has 'taken care of itself' and needs no intervention on my part except to render physical 1st aid to my nephew and emotional 1st aid to my son. I will mention to Kevin how hurtful such teasing can be and hope he'll get a clue and remind Parker that physical violence rarely solves much of anything and encourage the two of them to patch things up and go forward.

AFinch

Sherrif
Final member of the K Club weighing in, and agreeing with the other two. I'll talk to Parker about using words instead of fists, and point out to Kevin that he has just experienced the natural consequences of bullying. He's lucky, in a way, that Parker dealt with him, because if I had, while he wouldn't have a bloody lip or anything else, he'd have had an even more painful experience.

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:Final member of the K Club weighing in, and agreeing with the other two.  I'll talk to Parker about using words instead of fists, and point out to Kevin that he has just experienced the natural consequences of bullying.  He's lucky, in a way, that Parker dealt with him, because if I had, while he wouldn't have a bloody lip or anything else, he'd have had an even more painful experience.
Ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

ivor

Marshall
It would seem that Kevin didn't know that Parker has a problem as had he done so would he have been quite so keen to share the same bed? Perhaps the fault lies with me for not explaining the situation to him?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

kalico

Sherrif
Joining the "k" club

Hugs kal

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Parker, in the boys way, seems to have settled it more effectively than would any intervention by me.

Whilst Parker is cooling off I'll tend to Kevin's lip, tell him that he was asking for it with such an unkind remark and SUGGEST he apologises.

Then I'll bring the boys together.  Boys being boys it is more likely that they will settle rather than feud; but I'll be keeping a watching brief.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
I basically agree with everyone else.

As most of you probably know, enuresis runs in our family, so I've had to deal with it a lot. I consider teasing about this no different than I would consider teasing about any other biological problem - it's not acceptable. As David said, Kev is lucky that he does have a bloody lip, else his rear would quite likely be much redder than his mouth before I finished with him.

On the other hand, while I can understand Parker's reaction, I don't find it any more acceptable than the provocation - in a lot of ways I find it less acceptable.

I am going to have a talk with both boys, let them know that I'm disappointed in both of them, then suggest that both of them have transgressed, and apologies are owed on both sides, so they can go back to being friends.

Hopefully, that will be the end of it, and once we're done, Kevin will be willing to join us on more sleepovers.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I agree with you all. If I were a 9/10 year old I too would lash out the way Parker did. As for Kevin, like many a boy he was less than sensitive and and said something I hope he now regrets. With a fat lip and me chewing him out that should ensure no recurrence. I hope the cousins can shake hands and move on

Surfer

Dude
Good scenario. After tending to Kevin's lip, I'll have a chat with Parker in private. I'll tell him that he needs to take the higher road and apologize to Kevin. I sounds like Kevin feels guilty so I expect he will apologize as well. If he doesn't I will strongly encourage it. If Parker refuses to apologize he will be getting a spanking after Kevin leaves (but Kevin will never know). If Kevin refuses, I will tell his father what he did. Regardless of the outcome, Parker and I will find a better storage location for the goodnites!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum