Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Jack

Admin
About three months ago, your son, Kevin, received his first bare-bottomed session with your strop, after he (almost) got smoking in the boys room.

Kevin, who's 13 and a half now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Since then, you've randomly tested for tobacco use several times.  While he's increased his use of mints and gum, he's managed to stop smoking (assuming that wasn't a one off - he never would tell you if it was, or how long he'd been smoking prior to that).  

You know things have been tough on him, after his best friend moved away over the last summer, but you're not happy with his recent attitude, or with some of the new friends he's made.  You're trying to pay attention to the friends he hangs out with, and you're trying to be sure he keeps up with his school work.  You're not exactly happy, but you're feeling moderately hopeful and optimistic.

That's when you get another call from the school.

Kevin wasn't skipping class this time, but he was caught in an off-limits area, with four other boys.  All four of the other boys were smoking - two of them weren't smoking cigarettes (not tobacco ones anyway).  Looking at the grounds, it was obvious this wasn't the first time someone had made use of it for that purpose.  That means they can't tell how many of what were burning at the time.

Kevin was not actually seen with anything.  The other four boys are being ticketed.  The two with marijuana cigarettes are being removed from school and sent to the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program.  The two boys who had tobacco will be doing three days in ISS.  

They're not sure what to do with Kevin.  They school doesn't have a drug testing policy, but they're offering you the chance to have him tested.  If he's clear, he'll just be given detention for being out of bounds.

You do have him tested, and he is clear on both marijuana and tobacco.  

Is detention all he'll be getting?

2 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:33 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Yes, detention is "all" he'll be getting, except for a chat about how people, unfair as it is, are sometimes judged by the company they keep.

3 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:50 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Grams used a wonderful old phrase-"Lie with dogs and you'll catch fleas" which I think is apropos here. Whether or not Kev is using (and I'm very happy to know that he's "clean"), there is a presumption of personality type based upon those we spend time with.

I've already made my displeasure with the company he keeps known. I hope he can figure out that he does not want to be sharing outcomes like 'alternative schools', etc (shades of Darren!) and now he has a detention for being out of bounds. Since we employ trouble @ school=trouble @ home, Kev can plan on 4 scorchers with the strop to remind him to obey school rules!

4 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:59 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Squarecutter wrote:Lie with dogs and you'll catch fleas

Um... what if one ends up sleeping with a horse and all...

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo

Stevie... Twisted Evil

5 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:23 pm

kalico

Sherrif
I'm dittoing Dimitri still........

Hugs kal

6 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
"You do have him tested, and he is clear on both marijuana and tobacco.

Is detention all he'll be getting?"

Answer: Yes

Iconoclast

7 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:06 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Since Kevin has apparently managed to kick his tobacco habit (if indeed he had one) and has had the strength of character to resist the inevitable peer pressure to join his friends in their illegal activity this is an occasion for praise rather than punishment.

We will though take advantage of the positivity thus engendered to reflect on his unfortunate choice of friends and the fact that with all the circumstantial evidence stacked up against him he was lucky that we were able to PROVE his innocence.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:16 am

ivor

Marshall
MM has nailed it for me.

It seems Kevin can be led but still has the sense not to drink the poisoned water. For that he does indeed need praise rather than punishment.

We need to see if there are some activities in which he can get involved that hopefully will lead to him finding a better set of friends.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

9 Re: 4 August 2015 - Less Butts, More Butt? on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:18 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
StevieWeeks wrote:
Squarecutter wrote:Lie with dogs and you'll catch fleas

Um... what if one ends up sleeping with a horse and all...

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo

Stevie... Twisted Evil

Eh I havent replied to this yet Surprised scratch

I do think the quote apposite though, horse-sense even and I wonder how I can stop Kevin wishing to associate with these lads as it just seems to lead to trouble for him. I give Kevin full credit for not taking this stuff but for the Out of bounds I think a school detention is merited and may be it is (as Im sure Kevin's zoned my lectures out too often) better if the Principal lectures Kevin on the company he is keeping

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum