Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Jack

Admin
Over summer vacation, your nephews spend a lot of time at your house, hanging out with your sons. Your two families have lived together for the life of all the boys, and you treat your nephews the same as your sons.

Your sons - 12-year old Wyatt and 13-year old Devon are on the inside, and 12-year old Reed and 14-year old Reese on the outside.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This weekend, someone got in trouble. No adults were home, and someone definitely broke the rules. There's no question what happened, and that someone has a sore butt coming. The only question is who did it.

You call the boys together, let them know that you know what happened, and ask the guilty party to confess.

You leave the boys to think for a few minutes. After about 15 minutes, they all ask to talk to you. Reese is apparently their spokesman.

"I'm sorry, but we were all here, and we all kind of knew what was happening. We're not going to say who did anything, if anyone did, so I guess you'll just have to whup us all."

Do you take their offer or do they get a free ride?

2 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Murder on the Orient Express.

And clearly Reese has been paying attention in his American History class ("We must all hang together, or we will surely hang separately").

I guess it depends on how egregious the rules violation was. If it's a safety issue, then I will reluctantly take them up on their offer. For something more minor, I'm going to be inclined towards leniency. But I'm going to let the boys know that a) I'm going to be watching them closely, and b) while their hanging together is commendable under the school boy code, for me it represents a violation of trust. And I will, therefore, NOT be leaving them unsupervised for the foreseeable future.

3 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
Group loyalty is definitely a praiseworthy thing.  But there is evidence of a 'crime' and one or more are guilty and the others are accessories before, during and after the event.  They all feel equally culpable and they probably are since it happened rather than not happened.

Equal treatment seems the fair solution.  The question I still have is one spanking each or one spanking shared?

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

4 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:42 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Gotta say Kier pretty much covered it.

5 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going with Kier's answer also.

Kat

6 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:40 am

ivor

Marshall
It appears that Reese considers it to be a whuppable offence, so for me that is the deciding factor. The question then becomes one of whether all four get the appropriate whupping or if I spread it out. I suspect they'll all end up getting half.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:50 am

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I can think of no rule I might make that is more important then the willingness of the boys to say to any authority figure The Five Words "I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY" and stick to it!

Thus, because I do not know who did it, no punishment!!

Iconoclast

8 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Ditto Kier to reason.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

9 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:03 pm

Jack

Admin
The honest truth is, while I have some respect for the school boy code, I have no respect for someone who would risk getting their friends into trouble to protect themselves.

Based on who's doing the talking, I really wonder if Reese isn't the guilty party, but didn't want to admit it, or even threatened the others to go along with it.

I will probably mention that first thing, before making my announcement.

"Well, I thought only one person had done it, but if you're all confessing, you can all get busted. Pants and shorts off, and nose to the wall, while I decide what to use on you all."

If no one wants to confess, I'll give each of them a moderate punishment. I'll also let them know that they're not using this to do whatever they want, and if it happens again, they won't be given the chance to do it a third time.

10 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Given the trouble that the "all for one and one for all" approach almost cost me with Darren, I'm a bit sensitive to this one. I too commend the camaraderie and sense of togetherness they are showing and I'm trying to be cognizant of the school boy code and how important that is, especially for this age group BUT.... at the end of the day I must insist on knowing who's responsible for what and let each pay accordingly as that is really the only fair resolution.

11 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Wyatt looks the most worried. Guilty looking even. So I will make eye contact all the boys , but Wyatt first and probe more deeply. Failing that each boy will have a mild spanking and an early night

12 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Zac

Wrangler
First of all I take we are working on the basis that it is established beyond question that spanking offence has been committed and there is not question about if corporal punishment will be used only who, or whom, will end up with a sore bottom.

My first thought was that I would not have any second thoughts about whacking all of them. If they thought that when Reese said "I guess you'll just have to whup us all" they were calling my bluff I and I wouldn't do it they would find out they were wrong. No free rides.

Each would be receive the spanking as they would if they were on the only one responsible. I see no reason to dilute one spanking across some or all of them. It would probably modified for age and level of "should-know-better". It is, of course quite possible that all of them were equally guilty or at least equally culpable.

Jack described best what would happen next.
Jack wrote:"Well, I thought only one person had done it, but if you're all confessing, you can all get busted.  Pants and shorts off, and nose to the wall, while I decide what to use on you all."
Although I would make it trousers off, nose to the wall and underpants down. The reason for the difference will become apparent later on.

Jack wrote:If no one wants to confess....
This is the problem. In a situation like this, own up or everyone gets punished, there is no real incentive for the whoever did it to confess. Either way they will punished, possibly with a greater punishment if they do confess. That does rather counteract any altruism of wanting to save their associates from punishment. The school boy code or ideas of camaraderie would discourage anyone from revealing who really was guilty, it would be considered sneaking or worse and they would be ones in trouble afterwards. Sometimes that is a good thing but often it is not.

So how do you break through this wall of silence and group loyalty? What incentive is there for the guilty person to own up? Well, here is a suggestion though I have no idea whether it is likely to work or not. When the four of them are in position and I have chosen a suitable, if any, implement and am ready to begin the spanking then I would make an announcement along these lines:

"Right, now before I start whoever was really to blame may pull their underpants back up, even if think you deserve a bare-bottom whupping. This is your last chance."

That should give whoever is really did it an incentive and opportunity to make it known. (Though it could turn out to be a variant of Prisoner's Dilemma). Obviously those who pull up their underpants back up will receive the corporal punishment, and the possibility cannot be overlooked that they all might to it, if none of them do then they still all get spanked as originally intended.

13 Re: 31 August 2015 - A Couch Full of Trouble on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Jack

Admin
Zac wrote:
Jack wrote:If no one wants to confess....
This is the problem. In a situation like this, own up or everyone gets punished, there is no real incentive for the whoever did it to confess.

The problem with this is that there IS an incentive for the guilty party to confess. The schoolboy code may prevent me from narcing on you, but it doesn't force me to ever trust you again - or even continue to be friends with you. I might not be enforcing a penalty, but letting ones friends take an unfair punishment carries it's own burdens.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum