Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Jack

Admin
This afternoon, you have to take your oldest son to the orthodontist.  It's sometimes hard to make his appointments, because you have to balance disrupting your day, disrupting his day, and picking up his little brothers from their school.  Your spouse doesn't work in town (and has a very hard time getting time off).

Micah (10) and Dan (9)  - your younger sons.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you do have to take him, and it's an afternoon appointment, you always remind the little ones what to do if things run a little late.

Today was his first appointment of the school year.  You and your eldest finished the appointment pretty much on time, but traffic was a bit heavy, and you got to the school a little late.  You check the place you normally pick them up, then you send Jake in to check the library.  Still nothing, so you park and check the office.  With some assistance from the office, you check all over, but can't find them.

You're heading to your car to see if they walked home, and you're debating calling the police before you do, when you receive a call.  It's the mother of friends of theirs.  They decided that, since you weren't on time to pick them up, they'd go home with their friends 'for a few minutes'.  When she found out what happened, she knew how you'd react, which is why she's calling.

When you pick them up, they explain that it was just too hot to wait for you.

Will it be even hotter when you get home?

2 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:19 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I think it depends mostly on how late I was.

If I was significantly late, though, I think, especially given the hot weather, it was sensible to go home with their friend. My only real issue is that they should have called (or had their friend's mom call) so I wouldn't worry. If it was five minutes, they're toast. If it was significant, we'll just talk about what they could have done better.

Either way, it may make sense to talk with aforesaid friend's mother about bringing them home with her on future orthodontic appointment dates. If it "takes a village", she'll be willing, and it will be a win/win/win proposition for everyone.

3 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:27 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Yes, I think it should have been as soon as you got to friends house, call me! So this one time the only thing burning will be the ears!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

4 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I think it depends mostly on how late I was.

If I was significantly late, though, I think, especially given the hot weather, it was sensible to go home with their friend.  My only real issue is that they should have called (or had their friend's mom call) so I wouldn't worry.  If it was five minutes, they're toast.  If it was significant, we'll just talk about what they could have done better.

I disagree Kier, I was not there at the appointed time, so what they needed to do was what they did, that is get to a place of safety on their own.  Supposing the reason I was not there was not as stated but instead was that I had been arrested by the secret police (by whatever name).  If they were at a friends house it is much more likely they could  be rescued  by a friend of mine, and not fall into the clutches of the tyrannical government!

Iconoclast

5 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:37 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I agree with Kier and John Boy

6 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:27 am

ivor

Marshall
I would assume that I wasn't that late when they decided to go with their friends as had I been then I very much doubt the friends would still have been at the school.

Having said that if this is the first time they have wandered off against instructions then I think they will just be receiving an ear bashing.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:42 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think partly it may depend if I know these people. If they are on a safe walk home to that house or the Mum picked them up I am happy that they weren't doing anything unsafe. That is no 1. There is even the germ of an arrangement we could come to. In kid think it would seem a good idea but next time I want it planned in advance. I will thank the Mum profusely for taking them in. Of course I want a call a bit earlier than this and even a message left with the office. Still they need access to a hone (would they have a cell)would I? We need to flesh out better arrangements

8 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:17 am

Jack

Admin
Sorry it wasn't clear, but

You were five minutes late, and they were specifically told to wait in the library if you weren't on time, and they got to hot (hence the reason you looked for them there first).

9 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 am

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
My beef is with the other mom.  She took kids who were not scheduled to go with her.  Did she think they were abandoned? That should have raised immediate questions and a call to me. 

The boys should have 'filed a new flight plan' to let me know but they are just kids and were now under the supervision of a known adult who had charge of them before.  Their experience has taught them that 'filing' is the adult's job.

They need a lesson that they MUST report changes in plans not spankings.  Perhaps I should have called the school to ask them tell the boys that I was late and to get them into the library (which is apparently open after school hours).

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

10 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:35 am

db105

Trailboss
Behavior like this is the quickest way to make me go crazy with worry. They had instructions on what to do and they did not follow them, did not ask permission and did not even notify me. With mobile phones, this should never happen. Even if they don't have phones themselves they need to know my number and ask any responsible adult to contact me if there's a change of plans.

If this is the first time we have this situation I'll explain how worried I was when they disappeared and what they could have done (follow the original instructions or contact me). I'll make clear what the consequences will be if it happens again (they'll get spanked). 

If we already have had that chat, I'll remind them and they'll get the consequences.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

11 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:59 am

kalico

Sherrif
Sorry boys but I left pretty explicit instructions and they disobeyed so they will be getting paddled....

Hugs kal

12 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Since I'm late to the party this time, I'm going to agree with Daniel.

Kat

13 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Jack

Admin
Y Lee Coyote wrote:My beef is with the other mom.  She took kids who were not scheduled to go with her.  Did she think they were abandoned? That should have raised immediate questions and a call to me. 

The boys should have 'filed a new flight plan' to let me know but they are just kids and were now under the supervision of a known adult who had charge of them before.  Their experience has taught them that 'filing' is the adult's job.

Are children not capable of walking where you're from? Not only do I don't see anything that even suggests she took them home, but the scenario specifically states that she called you as soon as she found out the boys had come over without your knowledge.

14 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
They had full instructions. They are old enough to understand such instructions. They disobeyed. End of story - sore backside for elder one - probably both, but I could be persuaded otherwise on that element.

15 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:51 pm

LLALVA

Trailboss
Was this taken from R/L?

What happened?

Smile

Leti

16 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Jack

Admin
LLALVA wrote:Was this taken from R/L?

What happened?

Yes, this was the mention I made of the Ames boys - Lucas and Drew - last week. Lucas is actually 8 and Drew is 9 (I think, for some reason, I have trouble keeping which one is older straight). I changed the ages for this, because I liked that picture, didn't have time to look for something else, but I thought they looked a bit older.

Now, I have to say that I got this from a couple of places, and I had to fill in some of the detail. However, there's no doubt that the boys had the same situation (with having to wait) last year. The day before the orthodontist appointment, Mom and Dad went very carefully through what would happen. They were told to wait either at the regular pick up point, or in the library (which is open until 5pm for after school programs and tutoring). If she was going to be more than 15 minutes late, she would call the office, so someone could let them know what was going on.

The kids get out of school at 3:15, and mom got there at 3:20-something, so less than 15 minutes.

When Mom and Jake picked them up, Mom was too mad (reaction from her worry, and I understand it) to do anything. She sent them to their room. When Dad got home and found out what happened, he took care of it.

I heard a bit of this from Dad later, and Jake was willing to fill in a few details. He says that normally, when Dad spanks, Dad the center area of each cheek gets pretty red, and the rest of the bottom gets 'reddish', down to the very tip top of the leg (from how he was gesturing, think just past the leg band on a pair of briefs). In this case, both boys were very red on their whole bottoms and down onto their legs.

Overall, I think I would have reacted pretty similarly, since the boys knew Mom might be a bit late, and they had very specific instructions about what to do.

17 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:25 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
And with those details, that's exactly what I'd have done as well.

18 Re: 7 September 2015 - Getting Hotter on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:51 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
With the added information they are toast as clearly they were sparing with the info they gave their friends' mother

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum