a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 9/8/15 "Rick's Recovery" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
RICK'S RECOVERY
A DMK Production

This morning your eleven year old son Rick comes to you complaining that he doesn't feel well and says he wants to stay home from school.  Rick does not have a fever and can't specifically say what exactly hurts or doesn't feel good.  Rick says, "I feel bad all over." You are suspicious because you know Rick has a major math test this morning. As you work from home, keeping Rick out of school would not pose a problem for you.  You wouldn't normally impose this but since you are suspect of Rick's illness you tell him he can stay home but that he needs to spend ALL day in bed so he can get to feeling better.  Surprisingly, Rick agrees to your terms and heads back to bed.  You periodically check on Rick and find him sleeping soundly each time.

Shortly before lunch Rick calls to you from his room.  You go in to check on him.

RICK -11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rick says, "I feel lots better now.  Will you take me to school?"  Coincidentally, it just happens to be five minutes after you know Rick's math class would have ended.

What will you do?

mahoover

Cowboy
I am going to talk to Rick. I will tell him what I suspect and ask him if it is true. An 11 year old will probably give himself away. If he does admit faking an illness, I am going give him a mild spanking and have him stay in his room until school would be out. If he doesn't admit anything, I will tell him that I will be very disappointed if I find out he is lying later, and take him in to school.

AFinch

Sherrif
Assuming this hasn't happened before, I'm going to tell him that he should take the rest of today to recover. He will stay in his room, in bed, as agreed, and can return to class tomorrow.

If it has happened before, or if it happens again, I'm going to take Mahoover's approach.

John Boy

Sherrif
AFinch wrote:Assuming this hasn't happened before, I'm going to tell him that he should take the rest of today to recover.  He will stay in his room, in bed, as agreed, and can return to class tomorrow.

If it has happened before, or if it happens again, I'm going to take Mahoover's approach.
ditto

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Rick deserves a spanking just for being stupid... he's eleven, not six, after all...

Anyway, he's staying in bed for the rest of the day... no electronics... and only a very light invalid's meal for supper...

Next, I'll buy a rectal thermometer and tell Rick that the next time he's sick he'll find out first hand how things were done in the sixties and all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stevie Twisted Evil

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

ivor

Marshall
As I suspected this was a very convenient sickness, I phoned the school earlier and got his teacher to give me the test. Since he is feeling well now Rick can stay at home for the rest of the day and do the test this afternoon.

However, this will be an old fashioned test and spanks will be delivered for incorrect answers Evil or Very Mad . I rather suspect that after this experience Rick will not try and pull a sickie when future tests occur.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

db105

Trailboss
Looks like I have been gullible. I'll do as mahoover suggests, although I think children can be better at lying than he thinks. In any case, I'll tell Rick the tale of the boy who cried wolf, and I'll be more suspicious in the future when there are no objective symptoms.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
In most schools, an 11 year old would be in a self-contained classroom, so the teacher would have no problem giving him the test today, even if he comes to school after the rest of the class has already taken it. I hope Rick understands that going to school late isn't necessarily a reprieve.

I think there is ground between deliberately faking illness and having an actual medical condition. I've seen test anxiety cause kids to throw up, so Rick could have been telling the truth. I'm inclined to take him to school and see what happens. In any case, I don't see this sort of thing as something to punish. If it turns out I'm raising Ferris Buehler, of course, that's another story. I always thought Ferris could have benefited from a good spanking with a hairbrush. Razz

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will agree with Kat including the part where he suggests Ferris needed a good dose of the hair brush.

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'll telephone the school - tell them about Rick - and my suspicions and see if I can persuade them to give him the missed test immediately on his arrival - about which I'll not forewarn him!

1strappedboy

Sherrif
Put me in the K Klub as usual!

squarecutter

Sherrif
I go with Mahoovers approach. He stays home and after coming to me he will be getting more than a mild spanking and for the rest of the day after I have consulted his teacher he will be practicing the kind of maths problems he would have been  finding on the test ie doing the studying he should have been doing before today. I will ask if his teacher could let him do the test in detention but accept that it will be her decision on that one

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum