a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

28 Sept 2015 - It Wasn't that Bad? - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
IT WASN'T THAT BAD
A DMK Production

Your twelve year old son, Grant, is a typical boy. He is basically a good kid but does have his share of the occasional short coming. A spanking is all it takes to get Grant back on the right path. One issue you have never had with Grant is dishonesty.

GRANT - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Grant has been having trouble coming home on time and so today when he was almost forty-five minutes late you told him he was getting a spanking. You took Grant's shorts and undies down and positioned him over your lap - which is your normal procedure. You then started the spanking. You use your hand. Normally it doesn't take much to produce some begging, crying, and squirming from Grant. You are well in to the spanking and Grant's bottom is a nice dark pink. You actually feel you are delivering a firmer than normal spanking. Grant utters a couple of grunts but the typical begging and crying and squirming are not there. Grant sort of just hangs over your lap and takes it. You judge by the color of Grant's bottom that he has had a sufficient spanking and so you stop. You help Grant up and help him return his clothes. Grant is red faced but has yet to shed a tear.

You ask Grant if he has learned his lesson about curfew. He answers, "I guess." Normally Grant will answer with a hearty yes and will throw in a promise to be good for the rest of his life.

You ask, "You guess?"

Grant answers, "Yeah. I know why you spanked me but it really wasn't that bad. It did sort of hurt a little but I could take it."

1. Has Grant been sufficiently punished for this transgression?

2. Will you continue to use spanking with Grant and, if so, will you change your procedure/implement?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
1.  The more important question is it fair to give (inflict) another punishment on Grant for this offense?  I think not.

2.  Grant has decided that he is not a little boy who gets spanked OTK and bawls any longer but a pre-teen who 'takes it like a man'.  Many possible reasons including reading about how brave boys act or seeing a friend behave in such a manner or being told to take it like a man. Smile And, of course, getting he is older.  I will note that the more authentic stories don't have the boy bawling as that is shameful.

There are at least two things I would change.  First, OTK hand spankings are past.  Second, crying is not an indicator of effectiveness any more.  It's time to reevaluate all of my rules for Grant.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
This is why castor oil is such an effective punishment...

He's about to get a pint of it and all...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stevie... Twisted Evil

John Boy

Sherrif
I think it is time we upgraded him to mr. implement. Maybe a small paddle.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

AFinch

Sherrif
I think it would be unfair to punish him again because my hand spanking wasn't "effective enough" this time.

I'm inclined to agree that the time for OTK hand spankings is past. But otherwise I disagree with Y Lee (as usual). I got my last spanking at 15, and I bawled my head off. "Taking it like a man" is a trope for MMSA stories--I don't think most real life kids are that stoic (at least not at home--school paddlings are another matter altogether). I don't think that bawling has much to do with pain--it has everything to do with shame and having disappointed your parents enough for them to "do that" to you.

I'd be inclined to agree with JB (as usual). Next time, there will be an upgrade to an implement. If that proves similarly ineffective, rather than continuing to escalate, we will look at employing a different type of punishment, such as restriction.

And finally, the scenario doesn't say whether Grant has any siblings. If he's an only child, and my partner and I are supervising him appropriately, he really shouldn't require punishment very often. It's a lot easier to "catch your child doing something right" when you don't have to divide your attention between multiples.

ivor

Marshall
There is no way I can justify punishing him again for this offence. I will though make it clear to him that from now on when a spanking is due it will be delivered with an implement. Whether that be a paddle, slipper or belt is for me to decide in the interim.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
The aim of a spanking is (or should be) to modify behaviour, not to wreak vengeance.  It's effectiveness should be judged by this criteria, not by the volume of tears generated.

It may be that Grant has reached an age when hand spankings are no longer effective and need to be upgraded, but so far this has not been the case.

My answer to this one is "Dunno' we'll have to wait and judge the ultimate result.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Jack

Admin
"Well, do you 'guess' you're going to follow the rules, or should we go ahead and not let you go out after school the rest of the week?"

I think it would be wrong to spank him more, just because he didn't react as much as I thought he should have. However, if he doesn't want to give a definite answer, I feel perfectly justified in giving him further incentive.

"Good. But just in case, Grant, the next time you have curfew problems, 'I guess' I'm going to have to paddle your butt, and see if that makes more of an impression."

I think, at that point, he and I will understand each other. However, it might also be best to ground him for a couple of days next time, and see if that does make more of an impression. Considering his age and that I only use my hand (and how much I hate grounding), I'd probably try the paddle first, but it does depend a lot on the boy.

Actually, from personal experience, I can tell Kier and Y Lee that they're both wrong. It's not 'the more authentic stories' (except perhaps just from how they're told), nor is it 'a trope for MMSA'. I remember a couple of boys who were 13 or barely 14, who took a pretty thorough spanking from me - one's face was soaked with tears, the other was kicking and squirming, but both took it quietly. On the other hand, I've also known technical adults who broke down bawling like they were 8, not 18.

I think how a boy reacts depends on a large variety of things - from his relation to the spanker, his experience with getting it, to how guilty he feels and other emotional issues. If this scenario was real, I'd guess that Grant was pretty used to hand spankings, that he'd known he was going to get one, and that he decided it was worth it to do what he wanted.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with MM on this one. I've always found the stories troubling -- even when I'm the author Razz -- that equate a person's physical response to a spanking with real remorse. A word exists for inflicting physical pain until you get the response you want: torture. For whatever reason, and there are probably many, not everyone responds the same way to pain. Also, some kids will bawl if you ground them, often out of shame. Crying tells one nothing unless the narrative of a spanking story spells out exactly what it means.

Kat

kalico

Sherrif
I'm with jack and Ivor....

No more punishment now but I'll make it very clear that now we will have an upgrade with possible grounding....

Hugs kal

Eldo

Cowboy
I have to agree with most of the before-given statements. By his age, we really should be making use of a stronger implement in order to drive the point home. Having completed the punishment now, it would be quite unfair to give a second, especially for so minor an offense. But the next time, I would definitely 'upgrade' to the wooden hairbrush.

I'd love to see a follow-up to this BOTD *hint*

David M. Katz

Marshall
Eldo wrote:

I'd love to see a follow-up to this BOTD *hint*

I have it on good authority that someone has taken on your request.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Grant is getting older so while I don't think I will be adding to it this time I am going to give Grant fair warning that if I we have any more problems with his observation of the curfew I will be upgrading to a paddle as I will feel handspanking isn't getting through to him anymore

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum