Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Jack

Admin
It's a beautiful day today. You've been pretty busy getting things set for some upcoming events, but you've still had a chance to enjoy it. To you, the slight chill to the morning air was a bonus.

Things seem to be going well, and you're just relaxing, awaiting the arrival of your kids home from school, when your phone rings.

"Dad," says Bryce, your current youngest driver, who was to help pick up the middle school boys coming to your house today. "There's a problem. We can't find the guys, and I guess their phones aren't on yet."

Because the high school and middle school release at the same time, the boys are always waiting when their big brothers arrive for pick up. After a few seconds thought, you tell Bryce to have Josh go check with the office, while he drives home to look for them.

Josh calls back to say no luck.

Since the boys are apparently not at school, you call their phones. Leif's isn't on yet, so you cycle through a couple more, until Nolan Marchant answers.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Hey, you guys check your phones or turn 'em on."

You wait for a quick discussion before he comes back.

"No, we were walking home, but we decided to get ice cream. We'll be there in a few minutes. We're not late yet."

No, they weren't late, and stopping for ice cream doesn't violate any rules. On the other hand, they knew they were supposed to be picked up, and they know how they're supposed to handle things if there are any changes.

You left the boys to wait while you thought out if they did anything wrong, and how best to handle it. When you go back to them, it looks like they expect they know how you'll handle it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nolan Marchant, Dex Sinor, Brad Tower, Leif, Brandon McCall, and Nate Routh

Do they have the right idea, or do you have a better way to handle it?

2 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
They look awfully smiley for boys who think they're about to be spanked.

I think if they didn't violate any rules, and it's just a matter of inconsiderateness in not notifying their older brothers of the change in plans, I think the only think I'll leave burning will be their ears.

3 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I ought to spank them for wearing ugly underwear. Razz

I am a bit torn because of the inconsideration to the boys who were picking them up but I think I can let this one go with just some burning ears. "Pull your pants back up, boys." So I guess that means I ditto Kier.

But if there is a next time . . . Twisted Evil

4 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm

db105

Trailboss
This depends a lot on how clear I have been on the being picked up from school rules and possible consequences for breaking them. If we haven't really talked about it this is the time to do so. If we have, I will apply the consequences. I'll be sure to thank the older boys for their help. I appreciate it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

5 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:08 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
We have to put into consideration that middle school is act first think later years. They get an ear burning and a good promise of if it happens again.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

6 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:10 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with Daniel this time.

Kat

7 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
As the only one of your boys, Leif is going to get spanked. He is the one who, for sure, knew what the arrangement was for them to be picked up by his brothers and should have made the others aware of this.

Not a severe spanking, but enough to make the point!

8 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:49 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think the only thing burning will be the ears THIS time unless there is history but I do think they owe the young men who they inconvenienced an apology. I'm sure the High schoolers have heavier homework loads than the younger ones

9 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm in the ear burning party as opposed to the rear burning one, although as they're making the offer a stingoor apiece on those briefs won't go amiss.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:54 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Their previous inconsiderate behaviour doesn't merit spanking, but as for the current blatant disrespect .........??  

Oh Boy! It must be my Birthday Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PS.  Line up again boys.  I need to check the colour so I can even you up. Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

11 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 am

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:This depends a lot on how clear I have been on the being picked up from school rules and possible consequences for breaking them.

For the record, you have been VERY clear that, if they're dropped off at school, they'll be picked up at school, and it's their responsibility to notify the driver's of any change.  Usually they just contact you, making you responsible for everyone getting texted as to revised plans.  

About consequences, nothing specific was ever discussed.

Pi Beta wrote:As the only one of your boys, Leif is going to get spanked. He is the one who, for sure, knew what the arrangement was for them to be picked up by his brothers and should have made the others aware of this.

Not a severe spanking, but enough to make the point!

Pi, while Leif is the only one of the boys who live with you, ALL of them report to your house after school, until their parents can pick them up. You have spanking permission with all of them, and you had a meeting with them (and their parents) before school started, where all this was discussed, so they all have the same knowledge as Leif does.

Does that effect your answer at all.

ALSO This picture isn't perfect for this scenario, but it's one that Ivor sent me some time back, asking if I had any ideas for it. When this event happened last Friday, this picture just jumped into my mind, so... viola! Thanks, Ivor.

12 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 am

mahoover

Cowboy
I think I will talk with the older boys first.  I want to see if they are upset or feeling disrespected.  Assuming that the older boys aren't too upset, I will give the younger boys an earful about respect.  And the consequence will be that they don't get a ride home for a while, probably a week.  But they will have to report home fairly quickly.  Not so that they have to run home, but not leaving enough time to do anything other than come straight home.

P.S. I am interested to see how close we came to reality. How well do we know the rules at Jack's house?

13 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:56 am

kalico

Sherrif
I'm going to ditto PI but they will all be getting swats .. It doesn't have to be severe but enough to jog their memory as we don't want this happening again

Hugs kal

14 Re: 5 October 2015 - Walking the Walk on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 am

Jack

Admin
AFinch wrote:They look awfully smiley for boys who think they're about to be spanked.

I actually have dealt with boys who just didn't think the situation was serious, or who thought they could joke or charm their way out of it. There have been times when that behavior actually decided the matter (against them).

In this case, I was tempted to paddle, and I had a Jokari paddle out and awaiting them. I have to admit that the thought of a line up outside the office, with the boys coming in one at a time for a swat or two was very tempting.

I did line them up outside the office door (paddle in hand) and lecture them, including a brief reminder of the actual rules. Then I had them turn around and face the wall. One at a time, they were required to --- walk over to the older boys, and apologize for wasting their time and gas money.

I still had the paddle out, and until the last boy had tendered his apology, I think they thought there was a chance they'd still get paddled, so they were making earnest apologies.

I never seriously thought about paddling them, though. It was a beautiful afternoon, and their little faux pas didn't cause a huge problem - just a bit of inconvenience.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum