Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:15 pm

Jack

Admin
These are your sons - 11 year old Aidan and 13-year old Ethan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Both boys are very small for their age (you were a late bloomer yourself), and both are full of mischief and very hyper active.

You usually try to be fairly lax and understanding about chores, but you also only tolerate so much. You generally tell the boys something needs done, but you try to give them some leeway in when it has to be done.

This week, your spouse told them Tuesday night that they needed to do a few things to their bedroom and bathroom, and was very specific about what needed to be done. Wednesday, you reminded them. Thursday, when the chores still hadn't been done, you warned them they weren't going to get to keep their weekend plans, if they didn't get things done. You divided the chores and assigned them, to help the boys get going.

When you checked, not long before bedtime, the bathroom was done. Your spouse told you the boys said they'd done the bedroom, and it looked fine as far as s/he could tell.

You and your spouse both start work later in the morning, so the boys go home with a friend of yours, who keeps them until you get off. Friday night, he's taking his kids, yours, and some others to see a new movie they're all talking about.

When you get back from dropping the boys at school, your spouse is furious. Instead of doing the room like they'd been told, they just stuffed a lot of junk in drawers, and only cleaned what could be seen from the door.

Considering how many days the boys took to do it, and that they lied when they said they'd done what they were told, this is definitely a spanking offense. However, there are a couple of problems.

Because of your work schedule, you won't be able to pick the boys up until they were already at the theater. Would that last minute pull be more punishment (and more resentment) than it's worth? Of course, you could ask your friend to tell the boys they're not allowed to go, but he's not much on playing executioner (when he doesn't get to give the spankings). Or will you wait until they get home from the movie or some other time to handle the problem?

2 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:52 pm

db105

Trailboss
I'll wait until they get home. The spanking will be enough punishment without missing the movie too.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

3 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:40 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
db105 wrote:I'll wait until they get home. The spanking will be enough punishment without missing the movie too.

Agreed.

4 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
"When you get back from dropping the boys at school, your spouse is furious. Instead of doing the room like they'd been told, they just stuffed a lot of junk in drawers, and only cleaned what could be seen from the door."

What did you expect young boys to do?! From a boy's point of view that is what is meant by clean! Cleaning their room is NOT a boy thing! I will have to watch them every minute!

Iconoclast

5 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:04 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Agreed too. If they're going to be spanked anyway, I don't see any reason to also embarrass them in front of their friends (who will know why they are being dragged out of the theatre at the last moment by an angry parent).

I also think that they should have been checked off on their house work, rather than a glance and an "it looks ok to me" followed by world war III. The boys are toast, but I don't have to make a bigger deal of it than it actually is.

6 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:05 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
db105 wrote:I'll wait until they get home. The spanking will be enough punishment without missing the movie too.

Agreed.
ditto though they get an ear burning for lying as well.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

7 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:54 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm following DB's lead.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
For once I'm (almost) with Icono. No spanking, but a seriour explanation of what is really meant by CLEANING rather than a boy's idea of tidying!

9 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:43 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
They lied but I think it too late to change thing now. Think there will be a frosty reception and sore battoms awaiting them when they get home. I cant think they thought they'd d get away with the subterfuge for long so I hope they squirmed a bit at the movie, wondering, wondering...

10 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:46 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
AFinch wrote:I also think that they should have been checked off on their house work, rather than a glance and an "it looks ok to me" followed by world war III. The boys are toast, but I don't have to make a bigger deal of it than it actually is.

This is why the boys won't get a spanking. As the scenario tells us the spouse was very specific about what he or she expected done, I won't make Icono's argument, even though I do think it has some truth. The tidy bedroom is a battle I wouldn't choose. As someone did choose it, it is up to that person to follow through and make sure the work was done to specification. I find it ironic the spouse was happy with the room's appearance at first; seems over-controlling to me that a tidy appearance isn't enough. The bedroom is their space, after all. Barring issues that might bring in vermin or stink up the rest of the house; and barring times when the room needs to be tidy for a good reason, e.g., a realtor showing, why does this matter?

Kat

11 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 am

ivor

Marshall
Kat wrote:
AFinch wrote:I also think that they should have been checked off on their house work, rather than a glance and an "it looks ok to me" followed by world war III. The boys are toast, but I don't have to make a bigger deal of it than it actually is.

This is why the boys won't get a spanking. As the scenario tells us the spouse was very specific about what he or she expected done, I won't make Icono's argument, even though I do think it has some truth. The tidy bedroom is a battle I wouldn't choose. As someone did choose it, it is up to that person to follow through and make sure the work was done to specification. I find it ironic the spouse was happy with the room's appearance at first; seems over-controlling to me that a tidy appearance isn't enough. The bedroom is their space, after all. Barring issues that might bring in vermin or stink up the rest of the house; and barring times when the room needs to be tidy for a good reason, e.g., a realtor showing, why does this matter?

Kat

The Defence Attorney has just won over this juror Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

12 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:03 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
I am with Kat. Cool

Leti

13 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 am

kalico

Sherrif
I'm going to let the boys still go to the movies and I pick them up after the movie and as it sounds like it's a night movie I'll just bring the boys home and wait till Saturday morning and explain that they had only done part of the chores right ... Now it says I split the chores so if I only had one boy doing the bedroom and one doing the bathroom then the one that did the bathroom is off the hook and is free to play.... Who ever just shoved things in places will now clean that room to MY standards while I watch and supervise then he will be free .... No spanking

I agree with who ever said that the parent should have REALLY looked not just open the door .... These are kids and I think we all kinda did this at some point...

Hugs kal

14 Re: 19 October 2015 - Too Late to Pay? on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:

Kat

I think the 'not long before bedtime' explains why things weren't given an inspection.

The reason the things weren't noticed was dirty clothes and dirty dishes stuffed in drawers and behind other things, among other issues.

Unlike most of the respondents here, their dad waited until Saturday morning. The dirty dishes had been removed, but the rest of the things had been left where they were stuffed. After waking the boys a bit early, and letting them eat, they went back for a quick tour of the room, reminding them of what they'd been told to do, then pointing out what had been done.

After spankings, the boys were required to do the work they'd been assigned.

I'm not sure when David decided to handle it Saturday morning, but it was nearly 10pm by the time we got home from the movie, so he might just have not wanted to mess with it, or the boys might have been too tired.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum