Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Jack

Admin
You just received a phone call from Mr. Jones, the father of Brendan. Brendan is in the same Boy Scout Patrol as your son, Van, as well as being in several of the same classes as Van at the private school they both attend.

Today, Brendan was paddled in school for having his video game out in class (see Double Fault, Single Pay? for full details). His dad will have to have a visit with the principal and Brendan to discuss the reasons for the rules about electronics at school before the game can be returned to him. Mr. Jones won't be able to keep that appointment until next week. He wasn't worried about that, since he was pretty upset at Brendan. Not only was Brendan not supposed to have the game at school at all, but it was supposed to be locked up after he finished with his screen time the day previous.

Brendan and his Game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Which is why he's calling you.

It turns out that the game that the principal is holding actually belongs to Van.

Van - also 13, also spanked as needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mr. Jones informs you of the situation and asks you to check with Van about why Brendan had his game. Brendan said they were discussing some esoteric Pokemon details, and Van was showing him examples when the bell rang. He let Brendan keep the game until the end of the day to look at it. Besides the paddling he received at school, Brendan is also in trouble at home for breaking his screen time agreement. He wants to confirm the story before he makes any decision. He also wants to know if Van is going to be in any trouble, and if you have any thoughts on how to deal with Brendan, or if things should be worse because he got someone else's game taken up.

For the record, Van knows the rules about having his game out at school, after the first bell rings, but you don't have any strict rules about him taking it, as long as he follows the school rules.

2 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:31 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Van gets an ear full and his consequence is having to wait to get his game back.

My advice to Mr. Jones: re my response to yesterday's BOTD.

(I hope I am right about Van. I change my vote from the boy and everything falls apart.)

3 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:15 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Van "put it away" when the bell rang by giving it to Brendan. While he may have been loaned the game "to look at", I am assuming both boys know that is only to be done during passing periods/breaks. I am also assuming Van doesn't know about Brendan's limited screen time rules--if he does, and is helping circumvent those, then he is in trouble as well. Otherwise, I think Van gets a pass--he's already losing the use of his game until such time as Brendan's dad meets with the principal and retrieves the game.

As for Brendan, he's already been paddled bare at school, lost his gaming privileges at home, as well as the use of his portable. I think that's punishment enough.

4 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
Van can have an earful and wait for Brendans Dad to retrieve the game. Easy enough.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

5 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:21 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with JB - and thus in line with everyone else.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:56 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
I don't see that Van has broken either a school or a home rule so no punishment per se. However, he can suffer the wait for the game to be retrieved - mora as a consequence for trusting a friend to be sensible when he wasn't than anything more serious.

Even if Van knowingly was helping his friend to circumvent his electronics ban, I'd restrict my reaction to a verbal one. It's commendable to support a friend in need!

I find myself almost writing myself into actually praising him for being such a good friend, but maybe that's a bit too far fetched since his friendship got his friend a paddling for which Van may feel somewhat guilty.

7 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:25 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think Kier put it well.

Kat

8 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Jack

Admin
As you might have guessed by the names involved, this was based on a real incident. I thought about not using this second part, but I wanted to see Van's reaction.

Van actually did break a school rule: his video game is supposed to be in his locker during school time. On the other hand, that's a technicality that I doubt any but the harshest martinet would call him on.

It's rough, because many of us play a game with special stages on the weekend, and there was a contest this past weekend. Van had already tried once, and had a pretty good score, so he might have still gotten the prize, but we wont' know until his game is returned. I did think seriously about calling the principal and seeing if I could get it back, given the circumstances (at least in part because I didn't want this to cause problems between Van and Brendan. In the end, I told him that if he had followed the rule in the first place, it wouldn't have been taken up, so he'll just have to wait.

He wasn't happy, but maybe he'll think a bit more next time.

9 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:28 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jack wrote:
He wasn't happy, but maybe he'll think a bit more next time.

Experience is a good teacher but can be a cruel master at times.

Good call and I feel better about abandoning Van on the Spankorama.

10 Re: 26 Oct 2015 - Passing It On on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:06 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I agree with the concensus. Van will just have to put this one down to experience. I dont and and I doubt  Van would want Brendan in more trouble either

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum