You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
RATS!
A DMK Production

Your eleven year-old son Trent had been begging for some pet rats.  The problem is your spouse has a morbid fear of rodents, rats in particular.  You all discussed and agreed Trent could have a couple of rats as pets with the conditions that he take care of them and that they never leave his room.  Trent would need to make sure he got his laundry to and from the laundry room and to keep his room clean so as your spouse would never need to enter there.  Trent has done a great job of keeping his promises and the rats are thriving.

You spouse had to run some errands this afternoon and so Trent was by himself for a bit after school.  He figured since he was alone that he would let the rats see the rest of the house.  Trent was downstairs and playing with his rats when your spouse came in.  All hell broke loose.

TRENT - 11 (With Algernon and Templeton)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your spouse was screaming and Trent was upset and words were exchanged and then Trent called your spouse a couple of choice names because of the fear of the rats.  To make things worse, in all of the commotion, Algernon briefly escaped and was loose in the house.  Trent found Algernon and took both rats back to their tank in his room.

Your spouse is very angry with Trent and is still shaking from the encounter with "those horrible creatures."  Trent has been sent to his room and is waiting on you to "deal with" him.

How do you deal with him?

2 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:08 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I shall declare Trent to be out of my control under the Industrial Schools Act before a magistrate's court.

He will then be sent to a nice industrial school, and neither I nor my partner will have to worry about the little wretch and his vermin anymore...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
He broke his deal to us and he knows how scared of rodents his mom is. Add that to choice words because of my SO's freak out is also not acceptable. He is getting a spanking but maybe not a big one

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

4 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Has my spouse been watching Willard again?

I see both Trent's and my spouse's point of view. I really think this situation needs understanding rather than punishment. I also think my spouse needs to seek professional help with this phobia. Rodents are just too commonplace for someone to live with this sort of fear. Trent really should be able to enjoy his pets in other rooms. If we can't resolve the phobia problem, then we may need to re-home the rats and look into getting a cat or dog instead.

Kat

5 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:48 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm not afraid of rats. I'm petrified of snakes. But if I'd allowed my kid to have one as a pet, I'd just have to suck up that fear.

I think my spouse needs professional help and I'm going to tell her so. That may result in MY being rehomed, but so be it. I think Trent (and Algernon and Templeton) have been traumatized enough. I'm not punishing anyone.

6 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I'm not afraid of rats.  I'm petrified of snakes.  But if I'd allowed my kid to have one as a pet, I'd just have to suck up that fear.  

I think my spouse needs professional help and  I'm going to tell her so.  That may result in MY being rehomed, but so be it.  I think Trent (and Algernon and Templeton) have been traumatized enough.  I'm not punishing anyone.

I agree Kier!!

Iconoclast

7 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 am

ivor

Marshall
Trent was rather silly imo letting the rats 'see the rest of the house'. How could he keep an eye on both of them while they were running free? One could easily have disappeared to re-appear at some badly chosen time in the future such as when my spouse was in bed asleep...........

I don't see it as a spanking situation other than for the words he directed at my spouse, but it will be made very clear to him that from now on the rats stay in their cage with perhaps occasional forays into his room.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:17 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
JB says it for me.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:11 am

Jack

Admin
I have two problems with this. First, Trent is 11, while my spouse is (hopefully and supposedly) an adult. If he sees something like this, he could have backed out of the house, called Trent, and told him it was time for them to go back in the cage. The other problem is that, instead of what he should have done, 'words were exchanged.' Now, I don't know exactly what those words were, but it makes it hard for me to be too mad at Trent for where 'words' led.

Trent is not getting spanked, and we're not doing anything about 'those horrible creatures' (except suggesting Trent be a bit more sure of his timing if they go walksies in the future). I am more than willing to comfort my spouse, but he does need to get himself in hand a bit, if just opening the door and seeing those things makes him that mindless.

We'll try to move on from here, and, as long as Trent doesn't start singing Michael Jackson songs, I think we'll be okay.

10 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
Desensitisation therapy for my spouse so Trent will be able to give his pets more freedom.

For Trent, no spanking but I'm inclined to a (brief!) mouth soaping for the choice words - I think that would be more effective than a spanking to get across that message.

11 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:27 am

db105

Trailboss
This is extremely bad judgment on the part of the adults. With such phobia, why on earth have we allowed Trent to have rats as pets? It makes no sense. As if there were not many other kinds of animals that would make suitable pets.

As it is, I'll remind Trent what phobias are and tell him that he has broken our agreement of keeping the rats away from my spouse, and I'll let him choose between me giving them away to someone who would care for them or him getting spanked to make sure he is more careful in the future.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

12 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 am

Zac

Wrangler
Rats!
They fought the dogs and killed the cats,
     And bit the babies in the cradles,
And ate the cheeses out of the vats,
     And licked the soup from the cooks' own ladles.
Split open the kegs of salted sprats,
Made nests inside men's Sunday hats,
And even spoiled the women's chats
     By drowning their speaking
     With shrieking and squeaking
In fifty different sharps and flats.

---Robert Browning,The Pied Piper of Hamelin

13 Re: BOTD 11-18-2015 Rats - A DMK Production on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:38 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
When the cat'cat s away as they say. I will deal with Mikes disobedience with a handspanking but really my wife should be getting help. Mike does need to know that a repetition will mean losing his rats for good

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum