Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Jack

Admin
At 11-years old, Colt is your next youngest son living at home. His favorite activity seems to be testing your patience, but he's basically a good kid. Outside his brothers, Neal, also 11, is one of his closest friends.

Colt and Neal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Neal's big brothers are friends with your older sons, like their parents are friends with you. They boys are all at your house a lot, and you have permission to treat them like you do your own - including spanking.

This evening, Neal and his brothers are staying with you. Their mom had a library science seminar, and she won't be back until late, and their dad had a late shift. You cook enough for a small army most of the time, and you're happy to have them.

At just past 6pm, you receive a call. It's Neal, though Colt is with them. You check the board, and the two of them were going bike riding.

When daylights savings time ends, you put a strict limit on bike riding after dark. For the first week or two, violating it is an automatic spanking - not because you don't trust the boys, but because you don't trust the drivers, who are now coming home in the dark. After the first couple of weeks, you aren't so strict, but the boys still have stricter boundaries (keeping them away from major streets).

Neal and Colt have gone to Target to do some Christmas browsing. They're calling to let you know they're going to be late. You tell them to stay where they are, and you go pick them up.

On your way to get them, you count the spankings earned. While Target isn't exactly outside the boys area, you would certainly not have given them permission to go there on a school day, knowing how early it gets dark. And that doesn't consider that Target is WAY outside their boundaries for after dark right now. Finally, they are supposed to be home by 6pm. While arriving after 6:30 is an automatic spanking, it's questionable if they would have been able to make it home by then or not, considering when they called you.

After loading their bikes, you climb back behind the wheel. They're behind you, buckling up. You don't have much to say, and their both quiet, until Neal finally speaks up.

"Are we in trouble?"

Are they - and if so, how much?

2 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
If I understand this correctly, they called from Target only a few minutes after 6 to say they would be late. Therefore, they've not been riding their bicycles in the dark. A series of infractions would have taken place if they hadn't made this call and I hadn't come to pick them up. As they did call me, I think I can give them a stern warning about the Standard Time rules: if they place themselves where they won't be able to be home without riding in the dark again, they will get a spanking. The spanking will be much worse, however, if they ride home rather than make the call.

Kat

3 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:10 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I think there are some violations in place that warrant a stinging rear.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

4 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:36 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
If Kat has it right, and I think he does, then I agree with him. In this part of the country, though, it's pitch dark by 6. I'm glad they called rather than trying to ride home in the dark. I think burning ears will do THIS time.

5 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:46 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I am going to essentially echo Kat and Kier but I also think that a mild spanking could help reinforce the needed lesson.

The important thing to me is that they did call and I do not want to discourage that in the future.

6 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:52 am

ivor

Marshall
I'll go along with Kat but add a couple of days grounding - or no bikes.

It seems to me they probably recognised they were potentially in trouble and took an action which while drawing their misdemeanour to your attention also ensured that they committed no others. I think that merits recognition.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:17 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Apart from an ear bending they are not in any sort of trouble.

Fairly typical eleven year old bad judgement got them into a predicament; but instead of blundering on they decided (no doubt with some trepidation) to find a safe and sensible solution.

Eleven year old's actually using their common sense? --- Praiseworthy indeed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 am

Jack

Admin
A good point was raised, so let me say that sunset in this area is 5:25. The boys curfew for being 'within sundown boundaries' (if on bikes) is 5:15.

MM - It could have been common sense, but I also stress that, if you're going to be late, it's better to call than just try to bluff it out.

9 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:35 am

db105

Trailboss
After reading the scenario I would have voted with Kat. However, with Jack's additional explanation I'm afraid they are going to get a spanking. It won't be as bad as if they hadn't called, though, and I'll make sure to emphasize that to them.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

10 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:22 am

mahoover

Cowboy
I agree with Ivor who agrees with Kat. I would give them a talking to, and then restrict them from bikes for a day or two. I would also let them know that if they hadn't called, their rears would be red right now.

11 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
I tend to favour a light to moderate spanking to remind them of the danger element - the severity of it depending to some extent on what power of bicycle lights their bikes are equipped with.

12 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Jack

Admin
This was a hard decision for me, and I'm glad I had the time going to pick them up to think about it, and driving home to talk to them, before I had to make any decisions.

This one has a pretty broad range of answers, and they cover most of the questions and concerns I had.

In the first place, they really shouldn't have been at Target at all, but (as I said in the OP) that was kind of a gray area. Second, if they were going to call, they should have called before 6pm.

I have to admit that, if Kat had been their advocate, they might have ended up better off. However, while Kat looks at it is 'they weren't riding their bikes after dark', I looked at it as 'they were riding their bikes, and they weren't within their boundaries on time.'

Which brings us to the next problem.... As Ivor (kind of) said, they did draw attention to their behavior when they called me. I didn't want to punish for that, because I want them to do that when there's a problem, rather than doing something dangerous in hopes of getting away with everything. However, I also don't want them to think that calling me is a 'get out of jail (spank) free' card.

In the end, there were two deciding factors. The first is that they checked out to go bike riding, not window shopping. While I understand that boys sometimes make impulsive decisions, it just feels like there was some deceit intended there. The real strike against them is that both boys admitted they knew they'd broke the rules.

Keeping in mind the considerations I mentioned above, I very specifically pointed out that riding bikes outside of boundaries after dark is a safety violation, and that could earn a deluxe spanking. They both know what a deluxe is. As best I know, Neal hasn't experienced one, but he's apparently heard enough to know he wants to keep it that way. When I told them they were getting spanked, but the fact that they made the right/safe decision and called me was going to reduce it to a plain, double pattern.

They were grateful to hear that... At least until the pants started to come down.

Neal was grateful again, when Colt's spanking was over, and he was allowed to rub his bottom. We were still handling rubs and hugs when William joined us. We explained to him what had happened. He gave Neal a quick check, before asking the two boys to spend a minute in the corner. He shared an idea with me, and we called the boys back.

He explained to them that, while he agreed with me on reducing the spanking, it didn't deal with the fact that they had gone someplace they weren't checked out for, and that they had been home late. Since they'd already been spanked for the safety issue, the other issues meant they're grounded from riding their bikes on school nights for a full week.

They were really upset about that. At least until they realized that there is no school next week, so that only meant one day.

The two boys dressed and washed up while William collected his other children.

13 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:49 pm

kalico

Sherrif
I think what you two dads came up with was more than fair.......

hugs kal

14 Re: 20 November 2015 - Glow in the Dark? on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Because I DO want them to call me when they wind up out too late for bike riding, I will not discourage them by punishing them.

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum