a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-12-15 James (aka Macaroni) An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
James (aka Macaroni)
An Ivor Production

Your 13 year old son James was recently made captain of his school's football (soccer) team.

When congratulating him on that you said, among other things, that it was a 'feather in his cap'. You also agreed that as part of the reward for his success he could now have his ear pierced, which is something he has wanted for a year or more, and that he could then wear a stud, but only a stud, in it.

When James returns from his visit to the parlor, this is what you see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you remonstrate with James he says:

"You told me it was a feather in my cap, but as I don't wear a cap I'm going to wear the feather in my ear."

Is James going to get away with just an ear bashing or is his butt going to get a spanking?

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
I think he looks cool. No spanking

AFinch

Sherrif
No spanking. But that's a very dangerous earring for someone playing sports. It's likely to get caught or tugged, and will tear right through his ear lobe. I've treated that a bunch of times--afterwards you are left with NO earring.

squarecutter

Sherrif
No spanking . I'm goin to let the reaction of his classmates, his friends, his teammates and the school not to mention his Football Coach do the job for me. Oh and when that thing has been tugged by his opponents a few times I that will be the last we see of it.

Padraig

Trailboss
At 13 he could visit a shop alone and got his ear pierced??? OK, I'll go with the scenario. Nevertheless he gets a stud too for daily wearing until it healed.

ivor

Marshall
Padraig wrote:At 13 he could visit a shop alone and got his ear pierced??? OK, I'll go with the scenario. Nevertheless he gets a stud too for daily wearing until it healed.

I believe I am correct in saying that as in the UK (except Scotland) many states of the USA do not have an age restriction about ear piercing.

In any case the scenario says that I had agreed James could have his ear pierced so one can safely presume that had any authority been needed I would have provided it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:
Padraig wrote:At 13 he could visit a shop alone and got his ear pierced??? OK, I'll go with the scenario. Nevertheless he gets a stud too for daily wearing until it healed.

I believe I am correct in saying that as in the UK (except Scotland) many states of the USA do not have an age restriction about ear piercing.

In any case the scenario says that I had agreed James could have his ear pierced so one can safely presume that had any authority been needed I would have provided it.

Almost every state have laws addressing some aspect of body art. (Nevada has no laws addressing body art; Maryland has very limited laws). At least 45 states have laws prohibiting minors from getting tattoos. Thirty-eight states have laws that prohibit both body piercing and tattooing on minors without parental permission.

No wonder Skater wasn't surprised!

Still, plenty of places this could happen as well, so...

I'm going to point out to James that not following my directions is a very good way to be sure he's not allowed to do things without supervision in the future. Like the others, I will also point out to him that this isn't safe. If he wants to wear it as fashion from time to time, that's his choice, but he's mostly going to stick with a stud (also, I'm almost positive this violates the school dress code as well).

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm not about to make a mountain out of a molehill.  I must have been very naive if I imagined that James would be content with a stud once he'd realised his ambition to get a piercing.

I'm going to tell James it looks good but he can take it out now and replace it with a stud until the piecing has fully healed.  

Thereafter he can wear whatever he wants within reason (my fall-back caveat) on social occasions but NEVER for school or when he's playing sport.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie is only going to speculate upon the fate that would have befallen a boy who showed up at his school with an earring of any sort in 1969... affraid

Stevie.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I like Padraig's sensible answer.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:I like Padraig's sensible answer.

Kat

It's been a while since I've taken a boy for piercing, but normally all they will give you is a stud, because you have to turn it (I can't remember how often anymore) to keep the piercing from healing around the ring. Maybe James needs a spanking for not obeying the health and safety instructions! Twisted Evil

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
He can keep it for special occasions but must stick to a stud for regular use. I'm pretty sure he's doing this as a leg-pull, so that is how I'll treat it.

Now if his version of football is rugby union football and he plays in the scrum and wears that I think his scream of pain would be heard for miles away!

Last edited by Pi Beta on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added first sentence.)

David M. Katz

Marshall
Kat wrote:I like Padraig's sensible answer.

Kat

Me too.

Zac

Wrangler
This is a wind-up.

Having had my ear lobes pierced more than once (at a much later age than James--I winced at the very idea at that age!) I know when it is pierced it is with a stud that stays in for at least six weeks, and needs to be twisted a two or three times a day, before anything else can be worn in the ear. There is no way James could come back from the piercing parlour with something like that in his ear so it must be hooked over the stud or something. Anyway, I am sure no-one who plays football--any type of football--would seriously contemplate wearing something like that while playing.

I am not sure if there is a minimum age for getting a piercing in England & Wales as there is for tattooing but there is one body shop in a nearby town which has a notice saying that it cannot tattoo anyone under 18 and will not pierce the ears of anyone under 16.

So, no spanking or any other punishment as James is just having a little fun with us--but two can play at that game...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum