Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

28 December 2015 - Light Feet

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Jack

Admin
Christmas is just past.  You 14-year old son, Drake, has recently added nice clothes to his list of interests, has been bugging you to take him shopping.  

Since Drake moved beyond toys, your mother has always gifted him with cash.  Expecting that, Drake kept a close list of things he wanted.  Your mother alternates where she spends Christmas and the days before and after it.  After Christmas morning, while waiting for his grandmother to arrive, Drake spent some money on Amazon.  

When your Mom arrived, she had a great gift for Drake - she'd gotten a fantastic bargain on the most up to date phone, and she paid for an entire year for him. Drake had been wanting that, but it hadn't looked in his budget, and he was ecstatic.

At first.

While he never said anything to his grandmother, since she didn't give him cash, it left him short for a few things on his list.  He sat down and talked to you about it.  He wanted to borrow some money, offering several ideas of how to pay you back.  You tell him you'll think about it, and you kick the idea around with your spouse.  In the end, you tell him no.  There's nothing on his list that he really needs, and you feel this will both help him budget, to prioritize, and also help him appreciate it more when he works for something (and honestly, he's borrowed money from you before, with similar promises, and it can be a real bear trying to get him to work it off).  

Drake is unhappy, but he doesn't throw to big a fit, so you do take him to the mall the next time you have a chance.  You have a couple of errands of your own to run, so you separate.  The last time you see him, he looks like this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you meet him, something seems different.  After a few minutes, you realize he's wearing new shoes, but not carrying his old ones.  He tries to extemporize, but Drake has never been much of a liar.  He can't show you a receipt.  He finally admits he'd deliberately worn a pair of ratty old shoes up here, and he left those in a box, in place of these.

The shoes he's wearing are over a hundred dollars, which means he would be arrested and have to see a judge before being released.  You're pretty sure the store from which he got them has a policy of prosecuting any shoplifter over twelve.

What do you do?

Last edited by Jack on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:54 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Take him back to the store and hand him over to the police...

He's no son of mine.

3 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going to buy a cheap pair of shoes for him to put on at Payless, take the stolen shoes back with the explanation that Drake inadvertently walked out with them. I doubt the store will buy the explanation, and I really don't care. They'll have their merchandise back.

When we get home, Drake is for it.

Kat

4 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:17 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with Kat. I'd never hand anyone I cared about over to the tender mercies of today's law enforcement.

5 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:I'm with Kat.  I'd never hand anyone I cared about over to the tender mercies of today's law enforcement.

That is for sure! Because Big Brother is NOT your friend!!

Iconoclast

6 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:43 am

ivor

Marshall
'Sir Francis' has really succeeded in singeing the King of Pains beard!

I'm with Kat, except that while in Payless I'm going to add an extra item - a pair of slippers.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:30 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
This is obviously premeditated theft! I am shocked surprised and embarrassed.

1. I will purchase a money order for the value of the shoes and mail it to the manager at the shoe store.

2. Drake will not see an allowance for a very long time, any gift money he has left is mine, and he needs to get used to lots of hard and nasty chores for the rest of the school break.

3. Drake will donate the shoes to charity. He will be given a pair of cheap and ugly (but safe and sturdy) shoes to wear until I say otherwise.

4. He will pick a switch and get the absolute worst whipping of his life.

8 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:36 am

kalico

Sherrif
I'm in line with Katz.....,

Hugs kal

9 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:38 pm

John Boy

Sherrif
I'm joining Katz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

10 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:06 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
Think Katz has it. It is after all a 100 bucks worth and a 14 year old, not a little kid nicking candy on impulse

11 Re: 28 December 2015 - Light Feet on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 am

The Cappadocian

Greenhorn
Well I'm the one who thought he should learn to "budget" after all.
I congratulate him for cheating the capitalist system and give him a good whipping to make sure he doesn't do anything that could land him in front of a judge so easily again. I'm terrible, I know.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum