Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Business Office

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Business Office on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Jack

Admin
Jake Rodriguez in the Business Office can be found, under that title, at the Bransom, TX site OR it can also be found on MMSA. When I submitted it to them, I thought my site would have a lead of a day or two, but they're running sharp right now. Read it wherever you'd like, but I do appreciate feedback and the MMSA votes.

This is a pretty basic story. I could tell you why I wrote it, but I don't want to give much away. We'll just say that I wrote this one because of the spankee, and you can get the details from the story.

This is really a pretty simple story. It wasn't recced at MMSA, and I'm not surprised by that. I doubt it'll go double solid either. Still, I don't want to write the same three or four stories over and over again like a few people do, even if I knew it would mean they all got recced. I like doing different things, trying different styles, and exploring different things. This is just one more example of that. I hope all of you reading feel the same and enjoy my visit with Jake.

2 Re: Business Office on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:03 pm

LLALVA

Trailboss
Great story Jack.

Jake seems like a very nice young man, I hope he gets on time to work from now on. Smile

Thanks for sharing Jack

Leti

3 Re: Business Office on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
A very enjoyable story! I think some young employees need "special terms."

Great job! I bet it does go double solid.

4 Re: Business Office on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I dug it. Very Happy

Kat

5 Re: Business Office on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
David M. Katz wrote:  I bet it does go double solid.

And, I was right!

Superb story!

6 Re: Business Office on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Jack

Admin
I'm kind of surprised, since it seems like a fairly simple story without a lot of detail, but I guess a lot of people like the idea.

Thanks for being right.

7 Re: Business Office on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 am

db105

Trailboss
Finally a Human Resources policy we can all get behind!

I enjoyed it. I liked seeing Jake squirm during the interview, and the school style paddling. I'm glad you try different things, although I never get tired of your classical stories.

Was the punishment effective?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

8 Re: Business Office on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:Was the punishment effective?

I had honestly thought about updating this a number of times, but it seems like, every time I had time to do an update, it would flee my mind.

As I said in the story, I know management where Jake used to work. They told me he'd have a pretty good streak, then lapse, then recover.

With me, Jake's deal was that he'd be subject to paddling for six months after his last tardy or unexcused absence. He actually did do very good for a while, but then he blew it in April. He'd actually, technically had an unexcused absence in March (read that as 'not calling in before your shift is supposed to start and/or without an acceptable excuse). In that case, he'd gotten a stomach bug, been up half the night, then finally fallen asleep. His mom hadn't realized what his work schedule was, or she would have called me (I called him and she answered). That is a technical violation, but I've been that sick plenty of times, so I forgave it. In April, he forgot to reset his alarm, so it went off for class, which he didn't have that day, so he turned it off, rolled over, and was late for work.

That was well past the probation period by then. Going by the original arrangement, he should have gotten five, but I just didn't feel it was called for. He took three. The most fun part of that is that I got him to admit (blushingly) that his dad mostly whupped him on his boxers.

He hadn't had any problems since then, and he's moved from just warehouse work to working in the stores. I'd have to look to be sure, but I think he has just over a month left to be passed six months, but he's been doing so well that I probably wouldn't bring it up at this point.

While Jake's not into a lot of stuff my best buds are, he's made a number of visits here (bringing his little brothers on occasion). He gets along well with Clayton, and he and Noah are actually pretty good friends.

Oh, and I was wrong - this story did go double solid.

9 Re: Business Office on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 pm

db105

Trailboss
Well, that's a big improvement over his last job. I guess it was effective, then Smile

10 Re: Business Office on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am

Jack

Admin
Back in January, I cleaned the rest of the 2016 stories out of the 'sticky' section, but I left this. I had meant to do an update on it, but it never seems to work out (most of the time when I do have time to write, I don't even think about it).

db105 wrote:Well, that's a big improvement over his last job. I guess it was effective, then Smile

Jake is 22 now. He's still with me. He's going to be starting his junior year in college this month. It's taking him a while for a number of reasons - from the fact that he had to pay a lot of his own expenses to the fact that his timeliness trouble made him have to repeat a few classes (and he finally sat one semester out to work full time).

There are really two updates here.

The first is that Jake has had a couple of minor violations, since the last update, but nothing horrendous or regular. He has one official right up in his file, but I don't hold those forever, so he's basically clean right now. As I told him at the start, I really felt like he just needed something immediate and concrete to help motivate him to change his bad habits. For some people, just a talk or a write up is enough for them to make a change. For other people.... The little more I gave him seemed to be enough.

He and I have talked about it. He told me that if his dad had done him like I did, he probably would have been a perfect kid. I knew he was joking, so I just laughed (you can hardly treat an 8-year old and an 18-year old the same, after all). I think what was more important than the paddling or the embarrassment was just the fact that he knew he had someone who was watching him, someone whom he didn't want to disappoint.

The other talk we had together was about his school work. I told him straight out that most of his school problems seemed to be the same problems he had with work. I pointed out to him that an adult needs to organize, needs to prepare (schedule) ahead of time, and that being on time is not optional. I also explained my theory that kids get spanked or whatever when they're growing up, as a way of enforcing the rules on them. That's rather like the wire supports you use for plants - it helps the plant grow straight until it's big enough to support itself. Kids may learn the habits because they want to avoid spankings, but adulthood really comes when you're able to do those things on your own, because you know they're right - not because someone is standing around threatening you.

The hard part is when you haven't made that connection in some area, and you have to impose discipline on yourself.

"That's why you paddled me when I wasn't on time? It was kind of like a jump start?"

I agreed. I had honestly hoped that it would lead to him asking me to hold him accountable for his school attendance and homework. It didn't, but he did seem to take something from it, and he did much better last semester.

The next thing happened in December of last year. Jake came into my office, but he had someone else with him.

At first I thought it might have been one of his little brothers. I think the older of Jake's little brothers was 16 at that point, so it was possible. While the younger person was several inches shorter than Jake, they did look a lot alike.

I didn't have to wait long to learn that it was actually Jake's cousin, Josh Rodriguez. Unlike Jake's little brothers, Josh was only a bit over two years younger than Jacob, and the two of them had been close friends their entire life.

(Sorry, but once again I'm going to have to stop here and try to finish it later).

11 Re: Business Office on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:56 pm

db105

Trailboss
I wonder what's up with Josh. I appreciate your taking the time to update, even if it's in several installments. Smile

12 Re: Business Office on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Db......

Thanks for the update jack

Hugs kal

13 Re: Business Office on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 am

Jack

Admin
I'm not sure which order this works best in, so I'm just going to jump in.

Josh and Jake are the closest in age of their close family, and they live fairly close together. Because of that, the two of them have pretty much been best friends their entire life, and they've spent a lot of time together. When they were younger, they'd often spend the night together at each other's house a couple of times a month (so the other parents could have a date night).

Josh had gone to work at the same grocery store at which Jake had worked. However, while Jake was eventually let go because of his attendance issues, Josh was a great employee from everything I could learn. He actually had the opposite problem.

When Josh graduated, he wasn't ready to go straight to college. He wanted to spend some time working, saving money, maybe make a couple of trips, then make some decisions about school. He explained that to the store manager, who assured him it was no problem, and they could get him plenty of hours. Over the next few months (remember, this discussion took place last December, and Josh had graduated in June of that same year), Josh mostly worked 40 hours a week. Besides continuing as a checker, he worked in their produce department, in their grocery department, helped elsewhere, worked as a night stalker, and even worked at another store when they had an emergency.

That's pretty much what he'd hoped for, but there were two problems with it. First, all of those jobs he was doing paid more than checking did (and working nights paid more than that), but they left him classified as a checker, and he never got a raise for all the work he was actually doing. Second, about ever ten weeks or so, he'd only have about three days - 24 hours or so, which meant they didn't have to move him to full time, meaning he was not only being paid a bit less than he should have been, but that he wasn't receiving benefits. When a girl who stood around at the front, flirting with the ass't manager got moved to full time, Josh was ready to quit.

And that's the situation they explained to me when Jake brought his younger cousin into my office.

"So, Jake said you're fair, and you pay good, and that I don't need to know all about comics to work here. He also said you have trouble between semesters, so I thought I should come in and apply now. Besides," he said with a sudden smile that really lit up his face, "if you hire me, I'll be on time without you having to paddle me."

Even if Jake hadn't been sitting beside him, I'm pretty sure I would have known he was blushing from the reflected glow.

"You really weren't supposed to tell anyone about that," Jake growled.

"He did it, Jake. I'm pretty sure he already knows about it."

Jake started to say something else, but I interrupted. "What if paddling Jake was a plus?" I asked, trying to sound like I was joking.

Josh looked at me for a second. "I haven't had licks in a couple of years, but I'd take 'em if it meant I didn't have to put up with all the bullshit at (his current job)."

Jake still seemed unhappy, and I asked why he'd told Josh, which is when I found out that the two of them had been friends their entire life, and told each other pretty much everything. Josh also thanked me, since he'd benefited from Jake being more on time.

"As a matter of fact, since he told me, I've thought about doing it myself. He always did need more whupping than I did."

I should add here that, not only is Jake older, but he's taller than me, while Josh is shorter than me. Both of them were very athletically active in high school and in good shape, but there must have been about four inches or even a little more between the two of them. Still, Josh seemed confident that he could have spanked Jake if he wanted.

We spent several minutes on that subject, because Jake tried to argue that he didn't need more spanking. Shamelessly, Josh shared how the two of them were often bent over a stool, the arm of a couch, or a bed, to be spanked for shared trouble, but he also mentioned a number of times that he heard or even saw Jake get it. Of course, that led to Jake mentioning more than a couple of times that the same thing had happened the other way.

This was very much two boys with a long history who loved each other very much sharing some in-depth teasing, so I just sat back and let them go.

It was very enlightening, very amusing, and they shared enough detail that I was glad to be sitting behind my desk.

After a couple of minutes, they both breathed, then seemed to remember where they were, and both were suddenly pretty embarrassed, which just killed the conversation.

I did hire Josh, and he has been a great employee. He knew Bryce, the twins, Noah and Barry, and Mickey, and several of their friends, so he's been around here several times over the summer. He's become enough of a friend that I sat down and helped him plan out a good, general first semester, so he has a chance to think about what he wants to do. I was also able to steer the conversation around to learn that, while Jake's dad did leave Jake's boxers on most of the time, especially as Jake gets older (and that Jake's little brothers - whom I think are 15 and 16 now) don't really get whupped anymore; but Josh's on Dad was more of a bare butt spanker, which gave Jake a hard time, despite being bigger and older than Josh.

14 Re: Business Office on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am

db105

Trailboss
I didn't know job interviews could get so much fun. Smile

You don't require your employees to know about comics? How can they answer the clients' questions?

but Josh's on Dad was more of a bare butt spanker, which gave Jake a hard time, despite being bigger and older than Josh. Josh's on Dad was more of a bare butt spanker, which gave Jake a hard time, despite being bigger and older than Josh.

You mean that Jake had more difficulties when he was spanked by Josh' dad, right? I mean, since he was not used to bare butt spankings. Was that because of the additional pain or because of the embarrassment?

15 Re: Business Office on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:I didn't know job interviews could get so much fun. Smile

You don't require your employees to know about comics? How can they answer the clients' questions?

Because there are a lot of jobs that don't require customer interaction. Now, I do make damages and trade magazines available to read, and I do encourage people to get to know things ,but it's not required (though most do). Heck, it's even possible to work the sales floor, as long as one isn't alone.

but Josh's on Dad was more of a bare butt spanker, which gave Jake a hard time, despite being bigger and older than Josh. Josh's on Dad was more of a bare butt spanker, which gave Jake a hard time, despite being bigger and older than Josh.

You mean that Jake had more difficulties when he was spanked by Josh' dad, right? I mean, since he was not used to bare butt spankings. Was that because of the additional pain or because of the embarrassment?[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, and I have no idea, because they didn't go into that much detail.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum