a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 1/15/16 "School Uniform" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SCHOOL UNIFORM
A DMK Production

You transferred your thirteen year old son, Rodney, to a prestigious school.  Rodney has been on an admissions list for almost two years. You and Rodney are delighted about the school BUT Rodney is very vocal about how he hates having a uniform as his previous school did not have a dress standard.  Rodney decides to show you what he thinks of the uniform:

RODNEY - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unknown to Rodney, when he was dressing the corgi, he damaged the sweater.  School starts tomorrow which means you will be rushing around this evening seeking a replacement as Rodney must be in uniform when he reports for school.

Is Rodney in trouble?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm not overjoyed about the damage, but I don't see any reason to punish him. If there had been no damage, I would have laughed without reservation. I'm not even going to make him pay for the repair or replacement, as this was an accident that I don't think I'd have foreseen.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I'd be ticked, but I have to agree with Kat on this one. Besides, if he's been on the admission list for two years, he's WAY past his complaint date, and I've worked jobs that require the same, so ---- here's another good lesson for you, bud.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Kat wrote:I'm not overjoyed about the damage, but I don't see any reason to punish him. If there had been no damage, I would have laughed without reservation. I'm not even going to make him pay for the repair or replacement, as this was an accident that I don't think I'd have foreseen.

Kat

Any needed repairs will be done by Rodney, he needs to learn how anyway!

Iconoclast

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Iconoclast wrote:Any needed repairs will be done by Rodney, he needs to learn how anyway!

Iconoclast

I doubt that his inexpert repairs will pass muster with the school, Icono. Also, the scenario says it's a sweater, which may be impossible to repair.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
poo?

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat and Jack

ivor

Marshall
Assuming the sweater isn't too badly damaged he can wear it tomorrow and if he looks like the dog's dinner, so be it.

I'm sure if he gets paddled on his first day for breach of uniform rules it will endear him to his classmates. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'd like to disagree with Kat - but can't!

squarecutter

Sherrif
I'm not pleased. Rodney can pay for the new sweater. He can also come to terms with his new uniform. We are past the point of no return. If he fails comply with the school I am sure they will apply appropriate consequences.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
My wife is a skilled needlewoman. She was once a tailoress.

Oops! ............. needleperson/tailor Shocked Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
MemoryMan wrote:My wife is a skilled needlewoman. She was once a tailoress.

I think Seamstress is the word your looking for!!

ivor

Marshall

At least you didn't say she was skilled at needling Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
ivor wrote:

At least you didn't say she was skilled at needling Smile

That would be Em's EX-wife. Razz

Kat

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
On the subject of needlers, here there are numerous small shops doing tailoring alterations - always the tailor is a man.  I don't know why.

I forgetfully left 3000 dirhams in my fouqia pocket once, when having it shortened.  It was found by one of the boy sew-ers in the shop.  It would represent two or three months wages to him.  Of course he gave it back to me, as you would expect.

My fouqia (an ankle length robe, ubiquitous for men and boys here) is red and gold.  I also have one in blue and gold.  It's lovely to be able to pull on something colourful and flowing on occasions without feeling too conspicuous.  
sunny

I daresay they call it cultural appropriation nowadays.  But is that good or bad? Question

Anyway, as for Rodney, dogs don't like being dressed up. I'm going to whack the boy!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum